• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RWBY Twitch Marathon |OT| Oct 9 Will Be The Day

Geist-

I want a recreation of the scene where Ed Elric punches Hohenheim with Yang and Raven to happen in the show SO bad.

Yes please.
tumblr_mr420lzU8L1so31m2o1_500.gif

Crocodile

I always felt Raven's character design made her look too young. It feels she shoudl be a gruffer, older looking character given her role and how old I assume she is.

So does Ozpin just possess people with Os/Oz names?

I have a theory that Oz
Is the old man who gave the maidens their powers in the first place. It's just his powers have waned in the years of body jumping. Last time he went all out was to end the great war.

Geist-

I have a theory that Oz
Is the old man who gave the maidens their powers in the first place. It's just his powers have waned in the years of body jumping. Last time he went all out was to end the great war.

That's actually the theory I subscribed to as soon as Oscar appeared. The old guy has to be somewhere and Oz is obviously super important to the world since he's on a first name basis with what is essentially the devil.

I like how everyone has a projectile weapon even if they fight with swords or fists.

Except Jaune. Which makes you wonder what his family was thinking giving him a heirloom which is basically just a collapsible shield, instead of a collapsible gun/shield.

Jindrael

Banned
Except Jaune. Which makes you wonder what his family was thinking giving him a heirloom which is basically just a collapsible shield, instead of a collapsible gun/shield.

But soon you will see jaunes new upgraded weapon ... it totally changes everything for him!

Now he can combine his sword and shield ... to get a bigger sword ... crazy right?!?!.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

I mean, it's a hand-me-down. I don't assume every person who fought in the war had a badass huntsman-tier weapon.

jman2050

Slightly miffed that it seems we're going with the standard "4 McGuffins grant ultimate power" JRPG plotline here but at least they aren't elements this time.

You know, i'd love to see how the students actually forged their weapons once day. Dust seems to be involved, given many fold up to much smaller sizes/somehow store much larger items within, or have seemingly super powered shots/etc.

Also, everyone seems to have one one set of them. So, for example, Yang
now only has one of her two weapons, as the other was lost along with her arm. Seemingly, it was never recovered.

You know, i'd love to see how the students actually forged their weapons once day. Dust seems to be involved, given many fold up to much smaller sizes/somehow store much larger items within, or have seemingly super powered shots/etc.

Also, everyone seems to have one one set of them. So, for example, Yang
now only has one of her two weapons, as the other was lost along with her arm. Seemingly, it was never recovered.

On the topic of Yang,
it's especially odd that she never tries to make a new Ember Celica for her right hand in Volume 4, since we see her spray painting a new EC at the end of the volume... only it's the one for her left hand. And there's been some pics around the Internet over the past month or so of lifesize cutouts of Team RWBY in V5 with Yang only wielding the left EC and just straightup using her prosthetic right arm on its own.

I suppose that makes sense though, as Volumes 3 and 4 do a lot to hype up these cybernetic limbs that Yang and Ironwood use. In V3, Ironwood's able to block a full-on blow from a Grimm with just his prosthetic arm like it was nothing and Taiyang comments in his training spar with Yang later in V4 about how the arm "packs a punch."

My only guesses are that either Yang's changing up her fighting technique a bit on purpose because the prosthetic arm is literally just that strong on its own that she doesn't need the matching right EC or she's deliberately chosen not to make a new one because she wants to beat Adam first (and maybe he has it or something). Though the latter idea doesn't make much sense in logical terms, as Yang would have no idea whether or not Adam has it to begin with. It just sounds like the sort of "Rule of Cool" idea that CRWBY would go with.

Can't we have a Big Bad who isn't being mysterious or vague about their objectives.

I mean, Adam is generally pretty clear with his objectives. Dude wants to commit genocide on the humans and make Blake's personal life an utter living hell by harming and/or killing any of her loved ones that he can find.

It's the background with Adam that we don't really know much about.

One does not let the hired help know everything about your plan.

We know Salem is after a few things
namely the artifacts and the maidens. Why she needs both isn't yet understood. She has one, the fall maiden, but would seemingly need to steal/convert the others to her side.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
On the topic of Yang,
it's especially odd that she never tries to make a new Ember Celica for her right hand in Volume 4, since we see her spray painting a new EC at the end of the volume... only it's the one for her left hand. And there's been some pics around the Internet over the past month or so of lifesize cutouts of Team RWBY in V5 with Yang only wielding the left EC and just straightup using her prosthetic right arm on its own.

I suppose that makes sense though, as Volumes 3 and 4 do a lot to hype up these cybernetic limbs that Yang and Ironwood use. In V3, Ironwood's able to block a full-on blow from a Grimm with just his prosthetic arm like it was nothing and Taiyang comments in his training spar with Yang later in V4 about how the arm "packs a punch."

My only guesses are that either Yang's changing up her fighting technique a bit on purpose because the prosthetic arm is literally just that strong on its own that she doesn't need the matching right EC or she's deliberately chosen not to make a new one because she wants to beat Adam first (and maybe he has it or something). Though the latter idea doesn't make much sense in logical terms, as Yang would have no idea whether or not Adam has it to begin with. It just sounds like the sort of "Rule of Cool" idea that CRWBY would go with.

Well,
is it possible her robot hand can work as Ember Celica? Can it shoot, I mean?

Well,
is it possible her robot hand can work as Ember Celica? Can it shoot, I mean?

Not that we know of, no. She never tries to use the arm in that sort of manner in V4 and there's nothing in the design of the prosthetic that would appear to resemble any sort of firing mechanism. Ironwood never used his arm like that either.

The only example of anything really resembling that in the show would be Mercury's prosthetic legs being able to blast out some sort of air blast or something. It's not a gun, since there doesn't seem to be any sort of ammunition attached to the legs. I suppose it's possible that maybe Yang can use her prosthetic arm in that way, but we've yet to see it, I think.

jman2050

I also like how people don't just have superhuman endurance/defense for no reason and how it's all tied to their Aura. With no Aura they're just as fragile as one would expect.

Top Bottom