• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Don't bring back Clippard, Murphy, Cespedes. Eat the Cuddyer's contract. Release Kirk.

And now we wait. Hopefully this Ivy League kid we hired can get us a goddamn pitching staff worth a shit.

Congrats Duane, JDHarbs and the rest of Royals GAF.

billeh

Cubs sign Heyward (he ticks every goddamn box), get two decent pitchers. Probably going to have to trade Soler/Castro/Baez (pick one), but getting a young pitcher or two under team friendly contracts would be huge.

Josh5890

a number of teams should be.

the white sox are gonna have a few trade partners this offseason. They have a ton of starting pitching talent, and need talent other where.

Sox need to clean out the old veterans that Hahn signed. They should've traded Smardjza before the deadline.

3N16MA

Banned
Cubs sign Heyward (he ticks every goddamn box), get two decent pitchers. Probably going to have to trade Soler/Castro/Baez (pick one), but getting a young pitcher or two under team friendly contracts would be huge.

Yanks will be taking Heyward.

Thanks.

Josh5890

I could see a Soler/Baez combo. maybe to San Diego or Atlanta. Not sure about Heyward though. The NLCS is proof that the Cubs need more hitting for average and not long ball hitters.

Choomp

Banned
On the bright side all the GM meetings and stuff start pretty damn soon. Will be interesting to see what the Mets do

zulux21

Sox need to clean out the old veterans that Hahn signed. They should've traded Smardjza before the deadline.

I don't know if that is true.

if the offers for shark weren't there they weren't there. you needed something that would be worth more than a first round draft pick, as that is what the white sox will get for him now.

as for the veterans, well most of them are done after next season. Alexei can go away for tim anderson to take over.
laroche can likely be traded for another bad contract, and there isn't a ton of veterans beyond that.

Josh5890

I don't know if that is true.

if the offers for shark weren't there they weren't there. you needed something that would be worth more than a first round draft pick, as that is what the white sox will get for him now.

as for the veterans, well most of them are done after next season. Alexei can go away for tim anderson to take over.
laroche can likely be traded for another bad contract, and there isn't a ton of veterans beyond that.

Are you fine with them not firing Robin? I thought it was a 60/40 chance of him getting the pink slip.

zulux21

Are you fine with them not firing Robin? I thought it was a 60/40 chance of him getting the pink slip.

oh no, I am not fine with that at all. I know he has the respect of the players, but he seems to lack a real passion for the game.

personally I was really hoping they would hire Ron Gardenhire as his managing style fits with my ideals for a team, as I love extreme focus on the basics.

zroid

Banned
NOW THE REAL FUN STARTS

but without AA around to do his usual wheeling and dealing, who knows how this offseason will go for us

I think the only way the Rockies can contend is if they go after pitchers that had success in the KBO. The juiced ball they use is closest things to Coors Field out there.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Gung Ho on Murph during the NL playoffs and now want him out? Lol!!

People who watch Murphy all year know he was punching way above his weight. Who knows what types of contracts he will be offered considering the past 5 games, but the team wants to move on Dilson Herrera and now is as good a time as any.

I think the only way the Rockies can contend is if they go after pitchers that had success in the KBO. The juiced ball they use is closest things to Coors Field out there.

Only way they contend is if they get sold to owners who care. Monforts only care about making money, not about fielding a good team.

Anyways I want to find a team to root for since I gave up supporting the Rockies but it would feel weird not cheering for a hometown team...

Oh and congrats Royals fans!

VPFPOx0.jpg

Which one of you did this?

Malo

Banned
So Gary Sanchez is destroying the afl. Hopefully he can net us something nice, preferably a starting pitcher.

Top Bottom