• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

What? People in Philly were jumping for joy that the Bruins were out. Where did you hear that it was people from Philly?

I don't think anyone cared who won or lost. It was just kids + anonymity joining the fad. Most of the locations came out the next morning during the aftermath.

Mets dressing up Old West style for their Texas trip:

Johan Santana and RA Dickey
Screen-shot-2012-04-30-at-7.06.55-AM-580x382.png

Justin Turner
Screen-shot-2012-04-30-at-7.07.17-AM-580x260.png

Mike Baxter and ?
Screen-shot-2012-04-30-at-7.07.39-AM.png

Ike Davis, Plaid Cowboy
Screen-shot-2012-04-30-at-7.08.12-AM.png

Reuben Tejada and Dillon Gee
Screen-shot-2012-04-30-at-7.08.21-AM.png

Comerica Park is beautiful, it does have the most expensive beer in MLB though. Downtown Detroit is a great spot for restaurants and shops. Just be sure not to drift too far or you'll get robbed.

So true. Comerica and Ford Field are literally blocks away from no man's land in Detroit. And as much as I hate Hockey, Hockeytown is a must visit place if you're in the area.

McNei1y

Comerica + Cheli's Bar is the greatest stadium/bar combo in America.

Is Cheli's in the park?

I always thought Cubby Bear would be a good time but I never got the chance to experience it when I visited Chicago since the Cubs were on a road trip. I did have a couple of beers in there anyway though.

Sanjuro

Comerica + Cheli's Bar is the greatest stadium/bar combo in America.

That's the problem with modern ballparks. Most of them are being thrown into lousy locations with nothing but parking lots surrounding the stadium.

Even Baltimore there are a few decent restaurants to get postgame meal and drinks after the game.

rekameohs

Banned
Oh, what do you know? Corbin's pitching well. Seems like they should've figured that out of spring training instead of lumbering out ol' Collmenter to get shelled 4 times.

eznark

Banned
Is Cheli's in the park?

I always thought Cubby Bear would be a good time but I never got the chance to experience it when I visited Chicago since the Cubs were on a road trip. I did have a couple of beers in there anyway though.

Right next door. It's awesome.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Marlins baseball

The best thing about this? They're not done. Mets are planning more themes this season, including a hockey player theme for their Toronto trip in Mid-May. Hilarious.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You should have a theme where you rep every one of the teams you support for a week. Then again with your fairweather nature you may need two weeks...

Brah I don't know what your problem is.

I've been rooting for the Rays for more than 8 years now. And I've liked the Mets since I was a kid. Why can't I like two teams? The Mets could use all the fans they could get.

eznark

Banned
I always fucking hated it when the Brewers did it playing bad baseball (so for most of my life). Fucking Burnitz, Jenkins, Doug Davis...those guys were making my life miserable how dare they enjoy themselves.

I've been rooting for the Rays for more than 8 years now. And I've liked the Mets since I was a kid
iDwtqMKVuD3YS.png

I always fucking hated it when the Brewers did it playing bad baseball (so for most of my life). Fucking Burnitz, Jenkins, Doug Davis...those guys were making my life miserable how dare they enjoy themselves.
I think the Mets are trying to take advantage of their "Hey we playing OK!" window while they can. But I do enjoy seeing the homegrown guys play hard, this team has remained pretty resilient from last year.

eznark

Banned
I think the Mets are trying to take advantage of their "Hey we playing OK!" window while they can. But I do enjoy seeing the homegrown guys play hard, this team has remained pretty resilient from last year.

Yup, it's a fun thing to do when playing well. The Brewers had a western outfit trip last year that was humorous. Axford may as well be Doc Holiday. I just hope they stop if things go south.

And I was being 100% sincere when I said they are fun as hell to watch. I don't root for them to win or anything but they are a fun club. For some reason the team reminds me of the 2003 Royals. No idea why.

ToxicAdam

On this week's Up and In podcast, Kevin Goldstein and Jason Parks spend a good segment of time talking about Francisco Lindor (Goldstein saw him play last week). Money quote: "I can't remember seeing a shortstop this low that got me this excited since Alex Rodriguez, who obviously is the best player I've ever seen in the Midwest League." There is also a brief discussion of Luigi Rodriguez, Ronny Rodriguez, and Bryson Myles.

woah

eznark

Banned
Ha, I was just looking to see who the closest midwest team is. I might have to schedule a trip up to my folks around the Beloit Snappers.

Prade

Is this a new thing for the Mets? Seems like every team has done this forever.

Considering this is the first full year for a lot of these guys, practically everything is new for them. Chemistry on this team has been pretty much absent since 2006 it seems.

squall211

Mets dressing up Old West style for their Texas trip:

Johan Santana and RA Dickey
Screen-shot-2012-04-30-at-7.06.55-AM-580x382.png

Justin Turner
Screen-shot-2012-04-30-at-7.07.17-AM-580x260.png

Mike Baxter and ?
Screen-shot-2012-04-30-at-7.07.39-AM.png

Ike Davis, Plaid Cowboy
Screen-shot-2012-04-30-at-7.08.12-AM.png

Reuben Tejada and Dillon Gee
Screen-shot-2012-04-30-at-7.08.21-AM.png

Was it that? Or was it because they were thinking of executing Tim Byrdack and Frank Francisco for each blowing leads.

cashman

Banned
Comerica Park is beautiful, it does have the most expensive beer in MLB though. Downtown Detroit is a great spot for restaurants and shops. Just be sure not to drift too far or you'll get robbed.

Well, I'm not old enough to buy drinks yet so that won't be a problem for me haha. Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to check around the downtown area and hockey town.

verbum

Jose Reyes just wanted that one last big contract......poor Marlins

I wonder if Gullien will last as manager past June 1st. All the money they put in this team, the new stadium, and the history of the ownership being assholes, I can see a new manager in Miami pretty soon.

squall211

As a lifelong fan, it is nice to see them having basically the complete opposite of the April they had last year (5-13 I think). I really think that, barring major injuries to Wright or their 4 primary starters that they will finish with a .500 or above record. They played .500 baseball from May forward last year, and overall I think they are a better team this year than last.

Doytch

So yeah, Camden was bomb as shit. Loved it. CBP was nice too, but being shoved off in the south amongst parking lots is eh. OTOH, Philly is a really awesome city.

577363_3443478598321_1011270691_33211701_862695938_n.jpg

582612_3450625376986_1011270691_33213934_718985486_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom