• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malo

Banned
2018 MLB Draft order:

1. Tigers
2. Giants
3. Phillies
4. White Sox
5. Reds
6. Mets
7. Padres
8. Braves

Impressive tank job by the tigers.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
next year the Braves will go 162-0. Jace Peterson will shatter the HR record with 173 HRs.

Sanjuro

Return of the Coke Mets.

B15T5uM.jpg

bebop242

Was in Chicago this weekend for a music festival and getting off the L train in the middle of everyone singing Go Cubs Go after Saturday's game was something special to see. Always saw it while in the stadium not out and around it.

That said, I had the premonition that this was going to be the last time that song would be sung this year.

zulux21

2018 MLB Draft order:

1. Tigers
2. Giants
3. Phillies
4. White Sox
5. Reds
6. Mets
7. Padres
8. Braves

Impressive tank job by the tigers.

Lol the tigers have the draft pick by a half of a game.
they went 86-75 and giants with 87-75 the year before.
but yeah it was impressive, if the white sox had matched their last 10 games it would have been theirs :(

zulux21

Heh, AL Wild Card should be fun.

can't wait for the twins to beat up the yankees.

though if that doesn't happen.

can't wait for the indians to beat up the yankees.

though if that doesn't happen

can't wait for the astros/red rox to be up the yankees.

though if that doesn't happen.

can't wait for the nats/dodgers/ari/col/cubs to beat up the yankees.

and if that doesn't happen... well I will just be sad.
I either don't mind or have a reason to root for any team aside from the yankees. (even with the cubs or red sox I wouldn't mind seeing sale or Q get a ring) but in general if the red sox, the yankees and cubs are eliminated I will consider the WS match up to be great and enjoy it no matter who wins.

that being said...
Go Astros.

Cornbread78

Where were you the whole season, brah?

I already told you I try to stay out of the sports threads as much as possible for the same reason I stay away from Twitter, lol.

I do pop in from time to time....

This year's Sox team is the epitome of frustrating af. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they got swept for a second year in a row since they are all overworked and beat up at this point (pitching staff.) Chris Sale has been beat to $hit lately, Pomeranz is coming back to earth, E-Rod is just terrible 99% of the time, Porcello has been a joke and reminds me of Way-back-Wasdin (OK, that reference may be waaay too old for you) and Fister possible the Ace as the only starting pitcher with experience/wins as a starter in the play-offs.

And don't get me started on this wet noodle offense that the Sox have put out all season. I'm sure they will run into a few sure outs in the play-offs when they really need to keep runners on.

So yeah, it's looking like another sweep....

Go Astros.

Screw the Astros!

zulux21

Dude, I grew up and live 45 muns outta Boston. You expect anything else?

Wearing right now since I'm on lunch from the office:

doesn't matter if it makes logical sense given your geographical location.

my cool person list has a strict no cubs, yankees or red sox fans clause to it :p

the worst part being the only people locally that I can watch baseball with are cubs and red sox fans lol.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Choomp

Banned
Ken Rosenthal
@Ken_Rosenthal

BREAKING: #Braves GM John Coppolella expected to resign today, sources tell The Athletic.

Jeff Passan
Sources: Major League Baseball has been investigating Braves GM John Coppolella in recent weeks. @Ken_Rosenthal says he plans on resigning.

Malo

Banned
Ken Rosenthal

Resignation of Coppolella believed to stem in part from issues with #Braves’ talent acquisition in Latin America.

Malvingt2

@jonmorosi
Official: #Braves GM John Coppolella resigns, due to "breach of Major League Baseball rules regarding the international player market." @MLB

WUT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom