• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

How badly does one have to fuck up to be demoted to first base coach from GM?

mZtco3J.png

Amaro is a guy who only got the GM spot due to family ties in the Phillies organization. I think he would be much better suited for on-the-field stuff as a former player.

Pretty funny that both Amaro and Frank Wren work for the Red Sox now.

Syrinx

Amaro is a guy who only got the GM spot due to family ties in the Phillies organization. I think he would be much better suited for on-the-field stuff as a former player.

Pretty funny that both Amaro and Frank Wren work for the Red Sox now.
Get Minaya in there for good measure.

Ricker

Still cant believe the Jays lost because of a run scored from first on a single,damn...

Oh well,LTTP but great season guys,hopefully next year they reach the WS.

I'm liking the Royals chances a lot better this year than last year. They can mash better and the bullpen and defense is still the best in the world.

That rotation the Mets is bringing might pose a challenge, but I see no Bumgardners.

jman2050

I'm liking the Royals chances a lot better this year than last year. They can mash better and the bullpen and defense is still the best in the world.

That rotation the Mets is bringing might pose a challenge, but I see no Bumgardners.

The Mets have 3 pitchers that are better than Bumgarner.

Better than playoff Bumgarner, that's closer, but I'll still take the Mets rotation there.

The Mets have 3 pitchers that are better than Bumgarner.

Better than playoff Bumgarner, that's closer, but I'll still take the Mets rotation there.

None of the Mets pitchers will put up numbers even close to Bumgarner last year, don't kid yourself. That's among the most dominant performances of all time.

Now between the staff, they can certainly take over a series. We'll see how they do against our lineup, which is extremely balanced. We alternate left-right every other hitter, and all are solid contact guys (except for Salvy). We've got several 20+ homerun guys, so the power is there, and the team has great success against the fastball.

I'm expecting a fist fight all series.

Hopfrog

None of the Mets pitchers will put up numbers even close to Bumgarner last year, don't kid yourself. That's among the most dominant performances of all time.

Now between the staff, they can certainly take over a series. We'll see how they do against our lineup, which is extremely balanced. We alternate left-right every other hitter, and all are solid contact guys (except for Salvy). We've got several 20+ homerun guys, so the power is there, and the team has great success against the fastball.

I'm expecting a fist fight all series.

Seriously. I am thinking some people have forgotten just what Bumgarner did last year.

Game 1 - 7 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO
Game 5 - 9 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 SO
Game 7 - 5 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 SO

If ANY of the Mets pitchers match that, then my hat is off to him because he will have almost single-handedly won the series for them - just like Bumgarner did.

clemenx

Banned
Mets' rotation doesn't need one guy to singlehandedly win a series like the Giants most certainly did. Their regular performance is aweosme enough. That's what makes them dmore dangerous.

Hopfrog

Mets' rotation doesn't need one guy to singlehandedly win a series like the Giants most certainly did. Their regular performance is aweosme enough. That's what makes them dmore dangerous.

Don't get me wrong - as a Royals fan I am dreading facing down that rotation, but none of them has proven that they can do what Bumgarner did as of yet. What he did was otherworldy. The Royals can beat good pitching, but they struggle against Kryptonians.

Don't get me wrong - as a Royals fan I am dreading facing down that rotation, but none of them has proven that they can do what Bumgarner did as of yet. What he did was otherworldy. The Royals can beat good pitching, but they struggle against Kryptonians.

deGrom and Harvey have IMO. deGrom is having command issues and Harvey had them first game. But Harvey was masterful in his second start and deGrom was unhittable in his first.

Nobody on the Mets staff makes me remotely nervous. They're great pitchers. They're also hittable. Offense from the Royals doesn't worry me.

I'm more concerned about the Royals pitching staff keeping them in the game. I think we're better offensively, defensively, and in the bullpen. I think we're vastly inferior in starting pitchers.

Starters will decide this baby. I don't think the Royals SPs can get the job done. But that hasn't stopped the Royals, comeback experts. Mets bullpen sucks.

jbug617

Banned
Tell me if we heard this before.

Speaking of the Yankees, don’t expect much in free agency. Their payroll will be tapped out, with no one coming off the books. GM Brian Cashman also seems committed to his young players. The Yankees were one of the top offensive teams for the first half, but production fell in the second half, which ultimately cost hitting coach Jeff Pentland his job. The Yankees expect a big comeback from Jacoby Ellsbury.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...wcdPawxg563i00KTGSIP/story.html?event=event25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom