• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 POSTSEASON |OT| Screw you, Satan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly has proven to be worthless in Playoff games, so I hope his asking price takes a hit.

Dude's consistently proven to be shit when it matters most.

This makes zero sense. Are you one of those guys that places value on a pitcher's win-loss record? Because that shit is pretty meaningless if all the other stats look good.

You do realize that Price had gotten 12 total runs in support of his previous 7 playoff appearances? He hasn't gotten shit for run support, while pitching very well. Dude was awesome again tonight, and the heralded Jays offense left him out to dry (other than Joey Bats).

Price will absolutely earn the maximum going rate and years and deserves it.

orochi91

This makes zero sense. Are you one of those guys that places value on a pitcher's win-loss record? Because that shit is pretty meaningless if all the other stats look good.

You do realize that Price had gotten 12 total runs in support of his previous 7 playoff appearances? He hasn't gotten shit for run support, while pitching very well. Dude was awesome again tonight, and the heralded Jays offense left him out to dry (other than Joey Bats).

2-7 in 13 games, with a 5.24 ERA in the playoffs.

Dude is worthless in my eyes, so we'll have to agree to disagree.

Not worth anything near a maximum contract.

zroid

Banned

Don't worry about orochi91, hes the guy who said he doesn't care about what the team does unless they make it to the World Series

Oh come on Price didn't have a single great start this playoff. He was easily rattled and never seemed to elevate his game.

Azzurri

I like Price but there is no way I would give him a 220 million contract at age 30, who hasn't proven himself in the playoffs.

I don't want Navarro back. His krispy kreme donut face annoys me. Estrada can learn to pitch with Martin. Estrada is the biggest free agent for the Jays. I'd be most saddened of all if they didn't get him back.

giphy.gif

A Moose homer that probably wasn't and an "earned" run that came after Sanchez gave up two hits.

Maybe I have lower expectations because LOLRoyals starting pitchers, but I'll take seven quality innings with three runs from my pitcher any day. Eight strikeouts, one walk, five hits.

Osuna and lack of timely hitting cost Toronto this game, not Price.

There are very few dominant starters available in any given free agency. Nobody is growing Greinke in a lab. You pay market value for a guy like Price or you hope to luck into a talented youngster. Considering how much money Toronto tossed at a broken down, 31 year old Tulowitzki through freaking 2020, you have to recognize how contracts for marquee players work. I wonder what shape his glove will be in when he's 36 and sucking up $20 million.

Try watching Johnny Cueto as your team's ace and get back to me...

Quick

Banned
Silver lining: maybe I can finally upgrade my Jays jersey game from Angry Bird-era to the current jerseys with the inevitable off-season deals.

Quick

Banned
Yea get a nice deal on a Price or Estrada jersey

REYES!

http://www.aliexpress.com

$20 jerseys, nobody can tell the difference. Nice quality and everything.

lol I know all about the fake jersey market. Yonge Street in Toronto has a number of stores that sell fakes. I hate most of them because they never get the typeface and size on the letters right, on top of the fabric used on them, and the method of stitching. I'm a big nerd for sports jerseys, every fake bothers me in some way.

Appreciate the link though.

Bonds also stunk in the postseason until 2002.

Curt Schilling was a living god in the playoffs. Look up his numbers in 2001, they're unreal, they make MadBum look pedestrian.

Doesn't mean he's not mearly the 6th-7th best pitcher of his era.

Andy Pettite was a great post-season pitcher, doesn't mean I'm paying him a bajillion dollars to be above average for 34 starts before that.

The post-season is SSS, you can't just say a guy isn't worth what he's actually worth because he's had some bad playoff games.

Can I interest you in career 2.38 postseason ERA Colby Lewis

I'm so fucking happy Murph is on this ridiculous tear right now because we can scam some team out of a first round pick for a good 3B (it's his natural position)/2B.

Murph is a nice player that's gonna make 5M+ AAV more than he should.

Is there a vine or anything of the balk?

FS1 showed the replay and it wasn't even close to a balk. Blue Jays dugout was apparently in a frenzy, but Davis came set for over a full second and went home. The TV guys said it wasn't a balk, for what that's worth.

I understand people looking for explanations or excuses for why their team lost. I was among the crazies last year that blamed Jirchele for not sending Gordon home, even though it would never have worked. The reality is we got MadBum'd to death.

The reality tonight is the most dominant offensive team in baseball went 0-12 with runners in scoring position. They left runners on second and third with nobody out. You can't win without clutch and/or opportune hitting. This wasn't Price's fault, or Osuna's, for that matter. It wasn't the umpire making two bad strike calls, though that certainly hurt. It was 0-12.

FS1 showed the replay and it wasn't even close to a balk. Blue Jays dugout was apparently in a frenzy, but Davis came set for over a full second and went home. The TV guys said it wasn't a balk, for what that's worth.

I understand people looking for explanations or excuses for why their team lost. I was among the crazies last year that blamed Jirchele for not sending Gordon home, even though it would never have worked. The reality is we got MadBum'd to death.

The reality tonight is the most dominant offensive team in baseball went 0-12 with runners in scoring position. They left runners on second and third with nobody out. You can't win without clutch and/or opportune hitting. This wasn't Price's fault, or Osuna's, for that matter. It wasn't the umpire making two bad strike calls, though that certainly hurt. It was 0-12.

:lol Such a whiny post for me just asking for a video of it. Someone is sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom