• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Good job by Weaver, stand up performance. That last hit looked like it could have cost it, but Casilla didn't get quite enough on that hit.

Either way, with the exception of the Marlins at Giants, all games are over tonight. Cards and Rays won, so yay! Also time for everyone's favorite stat:

As of today the current number of players with more Home Runs than Albert Pujols this season is 257. Newest members of the club today include Jason Giambi, Chris Johnson, and Brandon Snyder.

Additional facts, Albert Pujols currently has only 5 RBIs in his 101 at bats this season, tied for 212th place in the MLB with 33 other players. His .208 batting average is tied for 159th in the Majors.

Good job by Weaver, stand up performance. That last hit looked like it could have cost it, but Casilla didn't get quite enough on that hit.

Either way, with the exception of the Marlins at Giants, all games are over tonight. Cards and Rays won, so yay! Also time for everyone's favorite stat:

As of today the current number of players with more Home Runs than Albert Pujols this season is 257. Newest members of the club today include Jason Giambi, Chris Johnson, and Brandon Snyder.

Additional facts, Albert Pujols currently has only 5 RBIs in his 101 at bats this season, tied for 212th place in the MLB with 33 other players. His .208 batting average is tied for 159th in the Majors.

At least he is the oldest player in the league!

zulux21

so the person who posted stats got me thinking who is off to a worse start pujols this year or dunn last year.

Through Dunn's first 100 at bats last year he ran this line
10 runs, 18 hits, 5 2b, 3 HR, 14rbi, 20BB, 27SO, 180avg, 320obp, 320slug, 1SF

Through Pujol's first 101 at bats he is running a
9runs, 21hits, 8 2B, 0HR, 5RBI, 6BB, 14SO, 208avg, 255OBP, 292slg, 0SF

note both players had 0 3b, sb, or cs.

who do people feel is doing worse at this point, Dunn during his historically terrible hitting year last year or Pujols this year?

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
so the person who posted stats got me thinking who is off to a worse start pujols this year or dunn last year.

Through Dunn's first 100 at bats last year he ran this line
10 runs, 18 hits, 5 2b, 3 HR, 14rbi, 20BB, 27SO, 180avg, 320obp, 320slug, 1SF

Through Pujol's first 101 at bats he is running a
9runs, 21hits, 8 2B, 0HR, 5RBI, 6BB, 14SO, 208avg, 255OBP, 292slg, 0SF

note both players had 0 3b, sb, or cs.

who do people feel is doing worse at this point, Dunn during his historically terrible hitting year last year or Pujols this year?

One is getting paid 14M yearly on average in their current contract, the other is 24.8M+.

zulux21

One is getting paid 14M yearly on average in their current contract, the other is 24.8M+.

indeed but the surprising thing. Dunn last year got paid 12 mil and pujols is making 12 mil for this season, the really big numbers for pujols don't start for 2 more years. so money paid for the year they are sucking it up is actually completely equal.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
indeed but the surprising thing. Dunn last year got paid 12 mil and pujols is making 12 mil for this season, the really big numbers for pujols don't start for 2 more years. so money paid for the year they are sucking it up is actually completely equal.

Still, Pujols will always be under more scrutiny, moreso when his team is not performing offensively. Right now Chicago is a .500 team with a positive run differential. Last year at this time they weren't, but it wasn't due to offense. Pujols is in more of a situation where all his flaws are going to magnified simply based on the situation of which he was acquired and the way his team is currently playing.

zulux21

Still, Pujols will always be under more scrutiny, moreso when his team is not performing offensively. Right now Chicago is a .500 team with a positive run differential. Last year at this time they weren't, but it wasn't due to offense. Pujols is in more of a situation where all his flaws are going to magnified simply based on the situation of which he was acquired and the way his team is currently playing.

I suppose, but money and scrutiny aside, which do you feel had a better start to their season? For me it's really hard to pick which one is worse through those first 100 at bats.

ZeroRay

Man, if the Marlins had any fans, they'd be furiously calling the post game shows.

Wait, do they have a post game radio show?

YOU GUYS ACT LIKE I DON'T EXIST!

TO THE FUCKING TENTH!

FUCK YOU NATURAL GAS LOBBY, I DEPEND ON FOREIGN OIL AND I LIKE IT!

zulux21

This and RBIs. His average was terrible, but he produced runs. Better to hit when it counts.

I suppose... that would just be some fan bias in me I guess as watching Dunn last season was so painful @_@ I can only imagine what Angels fans are going through as Pujols is tied to them for 10 years instead of the 4 the white sox have dunn for.

so does any one here think Pujos will turn it around before the season is over, or at some point in the next 10 years... or is it expected the the angels are likely going to have some very very handicapped years ahead of them?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
so does any one here think Pujos will turn it around before the season is over, or at some point in the next 10 years...

I'll be shocked if he isn't looking better by June. At this point I expect an Uggla 2011 kind of year from Pujols. Suck balls first couple months, mash the rest of the way.

zulux21

I'll be shocked if he isn't looking better by June. At this point I expect an Uggla 2011 kind of year from Pujols. Suck balls first couple months, mash the rest of the way.

likewise, it's hard to imagine someone who has been so good for so long can just completely fall to his current level without some rebound sometime in the future.

I'll lol'd if he ends up in top 10 for avg at end of season....

Plus 20 pts higher than Bombista lol

Glad to see the Phils take 2 of 3. Last night I turned the game off when they called the 3rd strike against Rollins in the 9th. I was so angry I wanted to break something. It looks like the Phils are starting to turn things around, this is much earlier then usual for them. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Roy Halladay left the Phillies to attend to a personal matter. He is expected to rejoin the team tomorrow. The team knew Halladay was leaving before his start last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom