• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
cviPQ5a.png

Pirates and Indians in the postseason? What year is this!?!

Schedule
TfRFG4l.png

ESPN Postseason Predictions
Click Here

Pickems:
NL Wild Card
Cincinnati or Pittsburgh
NLDS
Cincinnati/Pittsburgh or St. Louis
Los Angeles or Atlanta
NLCS
-

AL Wild Card
Tampa Bay or Cleveland
ALDS
Tampa Bay/Cleveland or Boston
Detroit or Oakland
ALCS
-

World Series
National Beast or American Least

Final Regular Season Standings
bEMvlIU.png

b55fbebf3d97447856893af247821f8d_large

BFIB

As a Cards fan, I'm more excited to see the Pirates in the postseason than anything.

PNC is going to be rocking tonight.

hemtae

I don't want Tampa to win but I also don't want the Red Sox to be the ones that kick out Francona in the playoffs. :(

harSon

Banned
Go Reds.

Go A's

Go fuck yourself Braves

Why are you so bitter? What have the Pirates done to you? They've given you two decades of easy wins, and single handedly propelled you into the playoffs two years ago (well, not including steroids). Support the under dog, hooker!

eznark

Banned
Why are you so bitter? What have the Pirates done to you? They've given you two decades of easy wins, and single handedly propelled you into the playoffs two years ago (well, not including steroids). Support the under dog, hooker!

Nothing, I wish I could support the Pirates BUT I want to go to some playoff games so...go Reds. Nothing personal friend! If they win tonight they are my team!

Brinbe

Some new blood fills me with hope for an exciting playoffs.

Pickems:
NL Wild Card
Cincinnati or Pittsburgh
NLDS
Cincinnati/Pittsburgh or St. Louis
Los Angeles or Atlanta
NLCS
LA

AL Wild Card
Tampa Bay or Cleveland
ALDS
Tampa Bay/Cleveland or Boston
Detroit or Oakland
ALCS
Detroit

World Series
National Beast or American Least
LA winnar

harSon

Banned
Nothing, I wish I could support the Pirates BUT I want to go to some playoff games so...go Reds. Nothing personal friend! If they win tonight they are my team!

We're going to lose anyways :( Cueto always rapes us, and the Reds are due for a win... plus we haven't been that good at sustaining winning streaks this season.

Would the baseball gods be so cruel as to make the Pirates lose after 20 years of futility, an easy sweep of the Reds on the road, and the best pitcher in the league against lefties going against a lefty-heavy batting order at home?

Cincinnati teams haven't advanced in the playoffs since 1995. Longest suffering sports city in America. Tonight won't be any different.

Pirates 4-1.

cashman

Banned
Would the baseball gods be so cruel as to make the Pirates lose after 20 years of futility, an easy sweep of the Reds on the road, and the best pitcher in the league against lefties going against a lefty-heavy batting order at home?

Cincinnati teams haven't advanced in the playoffs since 1995. Longest suffering sports city in America. Tonight won't be any different.

Pirates 4-1.

Is this the famous Vastradamus or the famous Vas reverse jinx?

harSon

Banned
Naw, we're going to lose. I trust the Reds offensive capabilities to eek out a run or two more than I do the Pirates. Whoever wins, and I feel it's going to be the Reds, is going to win 2-1.

I'll throw out another prediction. Liriano will give up his runs in the first inning, and proceed to dominate the rest of the game. And we'll fail to make up the difference on offense.

Is this the famous Vastradamus or the famous Vas reverse jinx?

Well, when Vastradamas picks an obvious pick...

Cueto is a wildcard. If he's old Cueto, reds got a chance. If he's still a little rusty, who knows. Reds need to be patient and run the pitch count high, because if Liriano gets 8, Reds are finished.

HOWEVER, it could mean the end of Dusty! Oh, the silver lining!

Harson, that's a fair prediction. If they are going to get to Liriano, it's gotta be early.

The winner has my support in the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm so sure of the loss, I don't even feel like watching the game tonight.

eznark

Banned
I don't get why fuckers like Rob Neyer are beseeching the Reds to lose. The fucking Pirates have won World Series. They were in the playoffs in the 90's. People act like this is the fucking Cubs in the playoffs. Give me a God damn break. No national media was jerking off to the thought of the Brewers knocking off the Phillies in 08.

Every national writer can fuck off and die.

NL
WC: Pirates over Reds
Pirates over Cards
Dodgers over Braves

AL
WC: Indians over Rays
Red Sox over indians
Tigers over As

WS
Tigers over Dodgers

If the Braves can beat Kershaw in Game 1, they got it wrapped up. If the Dodgers win Game 1, it may go the full five games.

Kershaw in September: 3-1, 2.53. Opponents hitting .252/.299/.345

Medlen in September: 4-0, 1.00. Opponents hitting .197/.244/.252

I don't get why fuckers like Rob Neyer are beseeching the Reds to lose. The fucking Pirates have won World Series. They were in the playoffs in the 90's. People act like this is the fucking Cubs in the playoffs. Give me a God damn break. No national media was jerking off to the thought of the Brewers knocking off the Phillies in 08.

It's unbearable. And, if being a Pirates fan is anything like being a Bengals fan, it probably drives Pirates' fans up a wall when analysts/journalists do the 'pat on the head' condescending support thing.

harSon

Banned

I'm just saying, as someone who was born in 1989, for as long as I can remember, the Pirates have not only failed to reach the playoffs - but they've failed to even reach .500

Two decades of being the worst franchise in sports is a long time, and the fact that we were in the playoffs in the EARLY 90s or won a World Series in the 70s doesn't mean shit to a lot of us. Having a rich proud history doesn't do me any good considering I didn't get to experience the goddamned history.

eznark

Banned
I'm just saying, as someone who was born in 1989, for as long as I can remember, the Pirates have not only failed to reach the playoffs - but they've failed to even reach .500

Two decades of being the worst franchise in sports is a long time, and the fact that we were in the playoffs in the EARLY 90s or won a World Series in the 70s doesn't mean shit to a lot of us. Having a rich proud history doesn't do me any good considering I didn't get to experience the goddamned history.

Oh, I totally get it for Pirates fans (the Brewers were right there with you that entire sub-.500 streak mostly). What I don't get is the national writers.

harSon

Banned
Oh, I totally get it for Pirates fans (the Brewers were right there with you that entire sub-.500 streak mostly). What I don't get is the national writers.

Guess I haven't seen it. I've been avoiding sports news outside of some Pirates websites due to the Steelers :p

turnbuckle

Awww yes, the Tigers are limping into the post season but I'm feeling good about our chances.

The Tigers' rotation is going to be:
GM 1 - Max Scherzer
GM 2 - Justin Verlander
GM 3 - Anibal Sanchez
GM 4 - Mister Fister

turnbuckle

Awww yes, the Tigers are limping into the post season but I'm feeling good about our chances.

The Tigers' rotation is going to be:
GM 1 - Max Scherzer
GM 2 - Justin Verlander
GM 3 - Anibal Sanchez
GM 4 - Mister Fister

jakncoke

Banned
The team that spent all summer defying expectations now must find a way to do it again when it hosts the first playoff game in Pittsburgh in 7,660 days

If I used my current post per day count and if i was posting each day since id have 140,178 posts by now lol

Hope the Rays win against Cleveland just so Red Sox fans can take over Tropicana field. Oakland better not choke against Detroit like last year.

Top Bottom