• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLG: Halo 4 War Games/Spartan Ops Full Match Videos

Austin7934

Neo Member
For the most part, i think Halo 4 is coming along really well. It seems there are still certain weapons and abilities that need to be beefed up and nerfed but 343i is aware of this. Another thing I'm a bug fan of is the lighting and graphics. The game doesn't look as gritty as reach did which is nice to see.

I'm about ready for H4 to come out. I've been waiting way too long.

Gui_PT

For the most part, i think Halo 4 is coming along really well. It seems there are still certain weapons and abilities that need to be beefed up and nerfed but 343i is aware of this. Another thing I'm a bug fan of is the lighting and graphics. The game doesn't look as gritty as reach did which is nice to see.

I'm about ready for H4 to come out. I've been waiting way too long.

Frankie mentioned prometheus vision is fine and doesn't need to be nerfed.

May your jimmies be rustled

I was kind of dismayed at how samey the maps shown were. At least the screenshots posted earlier show off one outdoor map. Otherwise the indoor stuff just blends together with too many greys and kind of boring architecture.

The Promethean Vision looks annoying as fuck. I don't want to be forced to use that to be competitive. Night Vision Visor (I know it's not that exactly, but still) in multiplayer? No thanks.

On the plus side - the grenade animation looks great. Gun sounds are pretty solid.

Do we know if melee/damage goes through shields? Or are we still on the Reach system where shields are impenetrable until completely down? For my playstyle, I never quite adjusted to that, being quick on the trigger for those CQB kills.

I hate Microsoft so much right now!

I was looking forward to play this at Gamescom this year, but no, they had to decide to skip Gamescom for whatever reason.

Fuck!

Spiders

Great videos, MP looks like a ton of fun.

I'm not a fan of the new sound though. It's not bad, but apart from the announcer it doesn't really sound like Halo anymore.

I'm not a fan of the new sound though. It's not bad, but apart from the announcer it doesn't really sound like Halo anymore.

Which isn't really a negative for me. Outside the music Halo allways lacked in the sound effect department. The weapons sounded like pea shooters.

There were issues with the sound recording. 343 has confirmed this. And I agree, it does sound kinda weird in a way. Everyone who saw it on the floor said that the sound was different (that is, better) though.

MMaRsu

Banned
Anybody down for some Halo 3 with me?

That still feels like "classic" Halo to me. Reach is very good but Halo 3 feels so very different. It's great!

Top Bottom