• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Pejo

I already miss Sunday for the skillseeds.

I just hit the threshold to be able to afford my next Gift Box which comes due in 2 days, so I'm excited about that. I'm down to only Assassin, Hunter, Mage, Dark Knight, and Samurai that I haven't been able to pick up yet. I'm sure that means Samurai will be dead last since it's the one I want (even though I hear it sucks).

I'm also down to my last panel for Black Mage to get the Archmage upgrade. 25/60k water seeds down for that rod upgrade. I'm not even going to use it though, because I have the red mage 4* rod that doesn't favor wind orbs.

After I get BLM done, I'm going to start on either WHM or finish out my Thief. I really want to make a breaker class for Multiplayer, but the only breaker class I currently have is Ranger and I just don't really like it. I might just wait until Dragoon comes out and go all in for it instead, since it stays good for a long time.

Are you guys still farming the chocobo event or are you back to Silent Ruins now?

I'm constantly feeling directionless in this game. Not that's it's BAD, but I feel like everyone else has more of a focus.

Here's what I'm dealing with now.

> Augment lesser cards or do strict seed farming?

> Forth skill panel, White Mage or Thief?

> Growstars. What do?

> Magicite. What do? I'm willing to cash out some as well at this point (where the eff are 20% off iTunes cards?!).

> I missed the refund period, so now the FFRK cards are less appealing (though still very useful).

I'm not looking for advice per se, I figure that in most cases there are not wrong choices here, but coming from say Record Keeper, it feels like there's no clear path (ie: clear events, then dailies) and it's just slightly overwhelming.

I wonder how quickly they'll reach parity between her and Echo as far as fanservice costumes are concerned
The sooner, the better!

Pejo

I'm constantly feeling directionless in this game. Not that's it's BAD, but I feel like everyone else has more of a focus.

Here's what I'm dealing with now.

> Augment lesser cards or do strict seed farming?

> Forth skill panel, White Mage or Thief?

> Growstars. What do?

> Magicite. What do? I'm willing to cash out some as well at this point (where the eff are 20% off iTunes cards?!).

> I missed the refund period, so now the FFRK cards are less appealing (though still very useful).

I'm not looking for advice per se, I figure that in most cases there are not wrong choices here, but coming from say Record Keeper, it feels like there's no clear path (ie: clear events, then dailies) and it's just slightly overwhelming.

The sooner, the better!

Jobs in general get a big boost from finishing the 4th panel and unlocking the next tier job. That's a good first goal, because more power = more score = more skillseeds so every job after is just a bit easier to farm for. Otherwise, for now Single Target damage cards are a good short term goal to both augment and ability level up.

Between WHM/THF, it's just what you like, particularly in multiplayer, since in current single player content either can do fine. So if you like the support role, go White Mage, if you prefer damage, go Thief. Though in current content, thief isn't very strong versus Ifrit, but should do fine versus other bosses. If you are going to go for WHM, it might be a good idea to 4* some buff cards like Moogle or Fat Chocobo (especially good with this event right now since you can level his ability for free).

Magicite - if you're staying WHM for a while, the FFRK cards are really good, the pack with Fang & Vanille particularly. Not sure if you want to go attack mage at any point, but any mage that can use Water orbs will have a good time with Fang & Vanille. Tyro at 4* only takes 3 life orbs to activate too, which will be great for tougher bosses. Otherwise, the first purchase you make should be the gift box if you haven't bought it yet. It pays for itself immediately plus various other bonuses and the skillseed multiplyer.

Anyways, that's just my advice, not guaranteeing it is the 100% best path, just my thoughts.

Jobs in general get a big boost from finishing the 4th panel and unlocking the next tier job. That's a good first goal, because more power = more score = more skillseeds so every job after is just a bit easier to farm for. Otherwise, for now Single Target damage cards are a good short term goal to both augment and ability level up.

Between WHM/THF, it's just what you like, particularly in multiplayer, since in current single player content either can do fine. So if you like the support role, go White Mage, if you prefer damage, go Thief. Though in current content, thief isn't very strong versus Ifrit, but should do fine versus other bosses. If you are going to go for WHM, it might be a good idea to 4* some buff cards like Moogle or Fat Chocobo (especially good with this event right now since you can level his ability for free).

Magicite - if you're staying WHM for a while, the FFRK cards are really good, the pack with Fang & Vanille particularly. Not sure if you want to go attack mage at any point, but any mage that can use Water orbs will have a good time with Fang & Vanille. Tyro at 4* only takes 3 life orbs to activate too, which will be great for tougher bosses. Otherwise, the first purchase you make should be the gift box if you haven't bought it yet. It pays for itself immediately plus various other bonuses and the skillseed multiplyer.

Anyways, that's just my advice, not guaranteeing it is the 100% best path, just my thoughts.
Thanks for the tips. I just bought my second Mobius Box, plan is definitely have one of those active at all times.

How essential is multiplayer? I'm not horribly interested in it and a lot of my time playing is unfortunately not going to be focused, so I might not be able to play it much at all.

Pejo

Thanks for the tips. I just bought my second Mobius Box, plan is definitely have one of those active at all times.

How essential is multiplayer? I'm not horribly interested in it and a lot of my time playing is unfortunately not going to be focused, so I might not be able to play it much at all.

It's got some multiplayer specific cards which can do bonus damage to multiplayer bosses, but also are pretty high damage in general (low break though). Also there's all sorts of misc goodies from events like ability tickets, seeds of various flavors, and farmable upgrade component cards that are much quicker to get in multiplayer. It's also got its own set of stamina, so if you have the real-life time, there's no reason not to do it. I'm currently farming it to upgrade the FFRK cards I bought because they're really good.

Syntsui

I'm a bit overwhelmed and lost at the moment. What is the best possible spot to grind for levels so I can be ready for 2 star-Ifrit/Tyro? I'm focusing on a the Mage job and I have 2 classes with it.

I'm grinding 1 star bosses so I can actually have Mage Ifrit and all the RK cards maxed out but it's just absurdly taxing and I literally have no time to do it until the event ends.

Unfortunately I bought the wrong set of RK cards, so I'Cie is a no go (which seems to be the best skill in the entire game fuck). I use mostly Succubus, Tyro, Tidus and Firion which probably are not a good choice together, but at least net me a good amount of seeds.

WarAdept

Ugh Tyro at 4* is a 5% increase per 3* Tyro that's at ability level 1.

Prob will Boost ticket this final ability level.

Need to work on the other RK cards, there's so little time left!

The bad thing about Thief (other than not getting to actually thief stuff) is that he can't use water and all the water based thief cards are farmable.

Razmos

Trying to get the 20 lucky feathers in the Chocobo event is really tedious, does anyone know the best way to grind them? It's especially annoying when I do kill a silver or gold Chocobo and get normal Chocobo feathers instead

WarAdept

Trying to get the 20 lucky feathers in the Chocobo event is really tedious, does anyone know the best way to grind them? It's especially annoying when I do kill a silver or gold Chocobo and get normal Chocobo feathers instead

There are stages dedicated to having Gold Chocobo's only appear, but I think the best way is to actually farm one of the coloured chocobos with an ability you can use. I farmed the Blue Chocobo to upgrade my Siegfried's Ice Sword and got 20 Lucky Feathers in no time on Auto Hard.

Razmos

There are stages dedicated to having Gold Chocobo's only appear, but I think the best way is to actually farm one of the coloured chocobos with an ability you can use. I farmed the Blue Chocobo to upgrade my Siegfried's Ice Sword and got 20 Lucky Feathers in no time on Auto Hard.
Thanks! I might do that with the green Chocobos and the Griffin card

I just failed an 80% skill level up roll, immediately followed by failing a 90% roll.

That's some Falk tier bad luck.

Looks like october is going to be HUGE for content updates. Can't wait!

New chapter, 3 new classes, new side area, new tower, new event, new legendary cards pull (sort of like the ffrk cards) and mobius day. I'm actually really excited about mobius day because the list of bonuses seems crazy.

Can read the translated notes from the live stream here.

Pejo

Archmage get! Second fully maxed job. Probably going to take it easy a bit on farming skillseeds now and start farming monster cards and leveling them up to 3* to fuse with my ability cards. I'd ideally like to get a single target mage card for every element since the "Area with focus target" shop cards aren't available yet.

Golnei

I actually do like this version of the chocobo theme, but playing it constantly throughout the entire map wasn't the best choice. They should have restricted it to bosses, silver/gold chocobo appearances, battles in the locked-off areas and cutscenes.

And if they wanted to, there'd have been enough existing versions of the Chocobo theme from other games that'd suit regular battles to give each of the map's named sub-areas their own music.

I guess most people play with the audio off, anyway.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I actually do like this version of the chocobo theme, but playing it constantly throughout the entire map wasn't the best choice. They should have restricted it to bosses, silver/gold chocobo appearances, battles in the locked-off areas and cutscenes.

And if they wanted to, there'd have been enough existing versions of the Chocobo theme from other games that'd suit regular battles to give each of the map's named sub-areas their own music.

I guess most people play with the audio off, anyway.

You're damn right I do. Fuck risking the chance of hearing Echo say something.

Razmos

Yo I am so fucking ready to auto through everything this game throws at me lol.
lpUwCyO.png
Those stats though. All that defense, 6 attacks per turn, high attack and HP. Love it

Combined with my 4* completely maxed out Fat Chocobo that doesn't cost a turn and gives enhanced Barrier, yeah, I'm not dying any time soon

So I just tried multiplayer for this first time.

How often does the shop update? I feel like I probably missed a Summon Ticket already (oops).

Edit: Found out via the wiki, I did not miss a Summon Ticket, but I did miss some stamps, no biggie I guess (was probably characters I liked, hmm).

So I just tried multiplayer for this first time.

How often does the shop update? I feel like I probably missed a Summon Ticket already (oops).

Edit: Found out via the wiki, I did not miss a Summon Ticket, but I did miss some stamps, no biggie I guess (was probably characters I liked, hmm).

I think the shop updates every time a new boss comes out. This includes old ones as well.

If you try to host a game, you'll see your options for the quests. 1 Star quests are usually always up (Except Tyro of course), but if you check 2 star quests, you'll see that there's a Time Until End of Presence and Time Until Start of Presence. They usually alternate between Tyro and Ifrit for now. And every time that has happened, the shop updates. I think the recent update (When Ifrit 2 came out again), they gave dark skillseeds compared to the fire, water and wind skillseeds that were offered last time.

I think the shop updates every time a new boss comes out. This includes old ones as well.

If you try to host a game, you'll see your options for the quests. 1 Star quests are usually always up (Except Tyro of course), but if you check 2 star quests, you'll see that there's a Time Until End of Presence and Time Until Start of Presence. They usually alternate between Tyro and Ifrit for now. And every time that has happened, the shop updates. I think the recent update (When Ifrit 2 came out again), they gave dark skillseeds compared to the fire, water and wind skillseeds that were offered last time.
Yeah, there's a list:
http://mobius.gamepedia.com/Multiplayer:_Ring_of_Braves/Item_Exchange

I didn't miss anything critical (lots of skillseeds tho).

I got smooshed on my first Ifrit fight, then accidentally entered a 2★ and won, go figure.

Is Iceforce considered rude to activate? Ideally, the other players would want to focus on water, but I've seen some dumb stuff already.

Falk

that puzzling face
must be such an emotional rollercoaster to see a 4* Royal Guard join your PUG

then you check his cards and it's 3 lv1 cards

it's me

3ff7dXtl.png

edit: FWIW I believe the shop gets stuff added to it each week which lasts two weeks, so you have some overlap and if you didn't get anything prior, you have 4 days to collect everything that was put up on the second presence (first time Tyro 2* showed up)

Welp. I will have six Summon Tickets today and am willing to drop a bit of cash, so is it still advised to buy the Legends Packs?

I feel set in job cards at the moment, I got a good ranger and a good mage (got a medicore warrior, but not fussed about that class right now).

My only concern is how much time I have to boost them up.

Why didn't I just spend the $38 when they were giving refunds?!

Falk

that puzzling face
L'cie is going to be a great hard nuke for a good long while since they relented sped up the 4* uncap, and if you're deadset on WHM/support, Sentinel Grimoire has legs (lol surprise)

Tyro 2* swings by again in 4 days so you'll have plenty of time to farm to boost. It's a lot more forgiving than Ifrit 2*, too.

L'cie is going to be a great hard nuke for a good long while since they relented sped up the 4* uncap, and if you're deadset on WHM/support, Sentinel Grimoire has legs (lol surprise)

Tyro 2* swings by again in 4 days so you'll have plenty of time to farm to boost. It's a lot more forgiving than Ifrit 2*, too.
I'm not dead set on White Mage as much as I know it'll be a permanent MVP for multiplayer, so I might as well take advantage of that.

Now Thief, that I'm dead set on, and the Luneth card is FIRE.

Razmos

I hope chapter 3 of the story brings with it more non-boss enemy types. Fighting just Grudge whatsits and Dust thingies with the occasional spirit is getting a little stale

Golnei

Since they're borrowing from them so liberally, it might have been a good idea to take a wider selection of enemies, at least earlier on - I'm not sure what the state of later chapters is. Would it have hurt to at least throw in a couple of Flans?

It might have been possible to use some of the LR costumes in a similar way as well - I wouldn't have minded if one of the more overtly palette swap-ish Ranger jobs used a modified version of the Locke or Butler costume, for example. If they're going to recycle assets, they should go as far as possible with it.

WarAdept

All the Dahaka's.

Seriously enough with the XIII monsters.

I thought Tyro was going to be gone for good so I went balls to the wall insane farming mode and maxed out all the FFRK cards before Ifrit Siccarus 2* came back. Ah well.

Anyone have an ETA when the character jobs start to come out?

Bet the first one is stupid Cloud.

Razmos

All the Dahaka's.

I thought Tyro was going to be gone for good so I went balls to the wall insane farming mode and maxed out all the FFRK cards before Ifrit Siccarus 2* came back. Ah well.

Anyone have an ETA when the character jobs start to come out?

Bet the first one is stupid Cloud.
I saw a post on reddit saying it would likely be in November.
I'm saving up my summon tickets now until the premium jobs start coming, since I already did quite a few job pulls and feel like I have a pretty good shot of pulling one when they arrive.

Though... looking at the jobs themselves, I don't think November is feasible. This is due to the fact that all of the character jobs except for Tidus and Cloud (Cloud is shown as having 6 elements which I imagine means you can switch between 2 different modes) use either the Light or Dark elements which aren't unlocked until Chapter 4 (and we are only getting chapter 3 next month)

WarAdept

How long did that take? I'll probably have to do that with the next run.

I Growstar'd both T&J and Tyro to 4*, so they took significantly longer than the rest. But basically I just farmed as much as possible, which meant a lot of no double components runs. Not sure how many, but I finished the last one (4WoL) on the last day that Tyro was available.

Falk

that puzzling face

I guess there's already an easy method for implementing the models/animations to Mobius.

Wouldn't be surprised if parts of the engine actually are identical - many spell effects look very similar, as does a lot of that mist-like effect associated with chaos in LR.

WarAdept

I guess there's already an easy method for implementing the models/animations to Mobius.

Wouldn't be surprised if parts of the engine actually are identical - many spell effects look very similar, as does a lot of that mist-like effect associated with chaos in LR.

Most likely. I believe Ifrit Siccarus is the X model, maybe touched up a bit to have more polys.

Pejo

Barely got to play lately since I've been busy, but I did re-up my Gift box yesterday and used my summon tickets to summon a job - got Samurai, like I wanted!

So if I'm to understand correctly, when playing warrior jobs, and specifically samurai, I want to aim for debuffs on the monsters and high auto-attack damage, correct? I am debating if I want to try to 4* T&J before the Tyro event ends, but I'm not sure it would be worth it since Samurai magic is so low.

Any thoughts from you guys?

Top Bottom