• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 (2023) - Beta Weekends

Had a quick go tonight, people under maps on ground war, best sort this crap out before release.

Oh and another one for multiple hit markers before dying, had the high ground behind a wall and the player below out in open, I shoot first, get hit markers then die.

This better have HC on release, hate playing standard, and hated having to wait on MW2.

Gerdav

It is too small with this speed

People hate on Estate but I think it plays nicely with the open areas
I have not been on since it opened up and can’t speak for Rust today but it wasn’t great on the original MW2, it was just the new Shipment used for easy xp and rank progression but what I’m finding interesting too is the hate for Estate, unless I’m seriously remembering wrong back in the day again on the original Estate while not one of the top top tier iconic maps it was popular and would always be voted for, Skidrow and Favela were not that popular back then too.

Last edited:

Kerotan

It's basically the exact same game as mw2 but with the original mw2 maps. You can tell this was meant to be an expansion not a new cod.

They probably got Treyarc to make a zombies mode to justify full price. The game is fun but I CBA playing the same 4 maps over and over.

jorgejjvr

It's basically the exact same game as mw2 but with the original mw2 maps. You can tell this was meant to be an expansion not a new cod.

They probably got Treyarc to make a zombies mode to justify full price. The game is fun but I CBA playing the same 4 maps over and over.
The movement is pretty different

splattered

Did they ever show anything on the new cod mobile? Could have sworn it was in the list of things getting revealed but don't think I saw any videos about it?

Neolombax

Managed to play about 2 hrs of open beta. The things I like so far is the reduced visual recoil and also slightly higher TTK. Favourite map is as expected, Rust so far. Only because its easier to spot for opponents on this map, less visual clutter and the contrasting background (but who knows what will happen once skins start to roll out). Have yet to try Skidrow out of all the available maps, but Estate is my least favourite. Its very open, feels too big for 6v6, indoor areas have a lot of clutter lying around and players seem to meld into the environment. Again, this was also my gripe with MW2. Also the visual markers for teammates and opponents (the blue and red diamonds) are sort of faded, it can be hard to tell who's who.

SBMM is making me play in a lot of sweaty lobbies, its exhausting. Managed to get to level 10, looking forward to unlock more guns. You can really tell its a Sledgehammer cod just by how the guns sound. Need to play more before deciding to jump into COD this year. I feel like whats going to make me decide is the zombies mode, I absolutely loved Outbreak in Cold War. I do hope they're going to give us a sample of the zombies mode during the beta.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
But pc will be there. Cod is crossplay all platforms together.
Playstation allows for crossplay to be shut off as does Xbox actually.

Last I looked (it may have changed) crossplay on PS can be shut off right in game menu where Xbox you have to do it at the system level

Just looked and yeah can still shut off crossplay on PS in game menu

izo5e3W.jpg

Last edited:

tmlDan

I usually like COD betas and then grow to hate the game over time, this is the first beta i actually dislike. The TTK, the maps, the spawns are HORRIBLE everything is just meh - movement is slightly improved but thats it, games just not for me anymore its too stale

Last edited:
I do hope they're going to give us a sample of the zombies mode during the beta.

Some of the folks who attended COD Next just 3 days ago got to play it behind close doors. They were not allowed to release any footage except for some curated b-roll Treyarch provided. You will not get zombies in this beta.

jorgejjvr

Slightly better slide cancel but still inferior to mw1.
I'm not talking about slide cancel, could care less. It feels much faster in general, things like Ninja and ghosts work correctly here too. It feels like I can actually move around the map

Edit: mw1 sucked by the way

Last edited:

Kerotan

I'm not talking about slide cancel, could care less. It feels much faster in general, things like Ninja and ghosts work correctly here too. It feels like I can actually move around the map

Edit: mw1 sucked by the way
Mw1 movement combined into Warzone was the goat.

Zuzu

Iw does some stuff right sound graphics gun types etc but they fuck up the fun factor and they never listen to the audience

They seem to be obsessed with transforming COD into a tactical fps rather than keeping it arcadey. Maybe Activision should just let them make a full-fledged Rainbow Six Siege style game so they can get it out of their system lol. And yes they seem more arrogant than Treyarch and Sledge Hammer and don't listen to the fans. I think they've been on a high-horse ever since the huge success of the original MW, MW2 & MW3. I bet they see themselves as the "premier" COD development studio because of those games.

havoc00

They seem to be obsessed with transforming COD into a tactical fps rather than keeping it arcadey. Maybe Activision should just let them make a full-fledged Rainbow Six Siege style game so they can get it out of their system lol. And yes they seem more arrogant than Treyarch and Sledge Hammer and don't listen to the fans. I think they've been on a high-horse ever since the huge success of the original MW, MW2 & MW3. I bet they see themselves as the "premier" COD development studio because of those games.
Iw should have developed a third person cod like Socom. And then just have been the support studio for cod.

I agree, but I can't stand Sledgehammer and how they handle the sound/game play, I think Treyarch does a waaay better job, I love how Cold War plays and feels when moving around, but I like the attention to detail on graphics and sound that IW does on their games. I almost feel like after playing this beta it is like Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Vanguard to way it feels and sounds, which to me is kind of disappointing, I think out of the three (IW, Treyarch and Sledgehammer) Sledgehammer just needs to stop making COD games, the sounds of the guns sound nothing like the real thing, they made it sound too futuristic, even with the hit markers and headshot sounds, not a big fan of them...I personally think MW2 (2022) nailed the hit marker/headshot sounds. Also with the beta I am not a fan of the 150 health, the grenades/land mines don't kill people, it just injures them, the only way to actually kill someone with a grenade is the throw a semtex and actually stick it to them which is disappointing, what is the point of using those now, but one thing I did really have a blast with is the breacher drone, that is a really fun addition! One last thing I feel they need to do (on Playstation that is) is for the Dualsense settings allow you to set the haptic trigger resistance, on the beta it feels almost non-existent (which I know a lot of people like), but for me I like to have more resistance on the trigger since I use that when doing precision shooting and now I was accidentially pulling off rounds when I wasn't meaning to.

I don't think I have ever played a COD where it's this difficult to tell your own team from enemies. I've shot more teammates and been shot by teammates more in this game than ever before.

Zuzu

I don't think I have ever played a COD where it's this difficult to tell your own team from enemies. I've shot more teammates and been shot by teammates more in this game than ever before.

Yeah I think everyone is experiencing this. I keep shooting at my teammates and they keep shooting at me. Hopefully this is something Sledgehammer will correct quickly after the beta and in time for release.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I played the open beta and I think the improvements in gameplay and UI are really obvious, and of course you're guaranteed to get good maps because they're reusing them from the old game. That said, these gameplay changes could and should be in a patch for MWII. That's how every other game does it these days. Charging $70 for them is shameless. It's ridiculous actually. It's still not as good as BOCW or MW2019 though, but maybe I will get it on sale.

sLBu8Kt.png

Top Bottom