• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 Leaks Suggest Classic Mini-Map, Ninja Perk, War Mode, and More

Roni

Gold Member
Extremely tight SBMM will likely still plague casual games, so I’m out. Leave that shit for the sweaty players who want it to be neck and neck every single game.
Players who don't like SBMM don't like to game, they like to win.

SBMM is for people who enjoy the game regardless of the string displayed on screen at the end of the match.

I have nothing but respect for people who can put up with it...

Last edited:
Players who don't like SBMM don't like to game, they like to win.

SBMM is for people who enjoy the game regardless of the string displayed on screen at the end of the match.

I have nothing but respect for people who can put up with it...
Nope, I don’t like to sweat it out every game when playing casually. I don’t mind getting stomped every now and again or having a sweaty match once in a while. I also don’t mind doing some stomping on the odd occasion.

What I don’t like is having to play my absolute best every single game, or get absolutely crushed. That’s just not fun.

SBMM belongs in ranked playlists. Not in a casual playlist where I just want to piss about and not have to keep up with the meta load out which changes every other week.

They don’t have to change it, I just won’t buy the game anymore.

unlurkified

Nope. MW2 lost me at no bigger 10v10 maps. If the update has the mode permanently then I’ll come back. Invasion was meh at best.

unlurkified

Nope, I don’t like to sweat it out every game when playing casually. I don’t mind getting stomped every now and again or having a sweaty match once in a while. I also don’t mind doing some stomping on the odd occasion.

What I don’t like is having to play my absolute best every single game, or get absolutely crushed. That’s just not fun.

SBMM belongs in ranked playlists. Not in a casual playlist where I just want to piss about and not have to keep up with the meta load out which changes every other week.

It’s sad how XDefiant’s main draw is no SBMM in casual playlists. Had to take another dev to come along to finally appease the cacophony of complaints about it.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
But you do recognize it's part of Activisions big pay day - and Microsoft has to figure out how they move forward with rented games and microtransactions?
MS will be fine with people on GP buying the battlepass and skins. I don't think people that have GP access will care if they lose access if they don't maintain their subscription.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
MS will be fine with people on GP buying the battlepass and skins. I don't think people that have GP access will care if they lose access if they don't maintain their subscription.
If I remember correct Outriders Worldslayer expansion didn't sell on Xbox cause no one wanted to buy an expansion for a rented game.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Outriders wasn't very good.
If I remember correct Outriders Worldslayer expansion didn't sell on Xbox cause no one wanted to buy an expansion for a rented game.
we will see how the market is for cosmetics on rented games I guess.

wipeout364

Hopefully this won’t be a disaster like Vanguard and WW2 by sledgehammer.

I don’t understand how you feel strict SBMM plays any different than what you described.

Why would you worry about always playing your absolute best with SBMM versus not? I just play the game, SBMM just makes it so I generally win 50 % of the time , some games I have 3 K/D ratio some games I have 0.5 K/D ratio, who cares?

I thought they were finally taking a year off CoD? And it's like... almost August, need to get that shit revealed soon if it's coming out, right?

Pakoe

Hopefully this won’t be a disaster like Vanguard and WW2 by sledgehammer.

I don’t understand how you feel strict SBMM plays any different than what you described.

Why would you worry about always playing your absolute best with SBMM versus not? I just play the game, SBMM just makes it so I generally win 50 % of the time , some games I have 3 K/D ratio some games I have 0.5 K/D ratio, who cares?
The problem is with how strict the sbmm is. I’m an above avarage player, but not everyday. Sometimes I just like to select weird loadouts and have fun. Thanks to sbmm this is impossible since every game is a sweatfest.

Like Lucifers Beard Lucifers Beard said, I dont mind getting my ass kicked and learning something from the better player(s) but that’s not the case with the latest CoDs. Every game I enter is a massive sweatfest and I can’t have a simple good time.
By having a good time I dont mean having to wreck every player and being in the first place, it means using wacky loadouts and tactics. Sweaty games mean i get 3 kills and die 28 times, that’s no fun.
Having these types of games once in a while is fun, but every game is not. Its also predictable, after about 4/5 games the sbmm cools off and hands me a more casual game but after that it’s back to tje sweatpitt.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Honestly id still play cod if it literally went back to map layouts seen in og mw, mw2 and black ops, the current arena maps thqt have been making since mw3 are fucking shit and its literally there to please sado esport players, like no one gives a flying fuck about what those players think

KaiserBecks

Can't wait to see how Sledgehammer will fuck up their next CoD, even though they basically have a blueprint they just need to copy this time around. They will find a way.

Top Bottom