• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft Executive Producer (Hirohide Sugiura) On Going From Namco To Nintendo

So Mercury Steam is kind of like Next Level Games? They make decent to mediocre games, but usually put their best efforts when under Nintendo's supervision?

It remains to be seen with Mercury Steam but, yea, there have been several examples of Studios putting out quality titles under Nintendo's Supervision. I'd say Next Level Games is a decent developer but have really shined under Nintendo's leadership.

UBI Milan would be a good choice if the Vivendi takeover of Ubisoft were to happen. Get that Mario: Kingdom Battle IP on lockdown. Plus given the development of Mario + Rabbids it seems like a good culture fit.

Absolutely. I myself thought that Nintendo should bring in the entirety of the Mario + Rabbids team, or at the very least Davide Soliani and give him his own team. It's obvious that he's coo-coo for Nintendo puffs and would be over the moon if he was ever offered a job there.

I am not sure. Monolith has worked as a support studio on some of Nintendo's biggest games just in the last year alone (BOTW and Splatoon 2), so even if their games aren't the biggest sellers, clearly they pinch hit in some other important regards.

I would have to imagine that Monoliths experience in world building on Xenoblade was enormously helpful in crafting the overworld for BOTW.

I think i remember them helping on Mario Kart 3DS too?

Top Bottom