• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolith Soft's Wii U game "X" coming 2014 [E3 Trailer]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, is there a higher resolution version of this picture?

02_l.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
But when is the big deal here. Localization was already confirmed. Pokemon is getting world wide release in few months and who says they couldn't pull similiar stunt with X? I doubt Nintendo has the luxury to sit on unlocalized games like they did on DS and Wii.

Well, I posted above the comment from ShockingAlberto about localization coinciding with development. Unless they put it on hold it could have a pretty short window between regions.

This thread bumping... STAHP!

dawson_crying-1.gif

If there's news about something there will always be a new thread. Never get excited about thread bumps.

No lie, I've been singing this theme song since yesterday, and I haven't seen the trailer in over a month.

"Let's find the king we lost! All the people cry in vain!"
Are those the words? I love the song, but I couldn't make out a single word. Can't wait for the single. :D

Gbraga

No lie, I've been singing this theme song since yesterday, and I haven't seen the trailer in over a month.

"Let's find the king we lost! All the people cry in vain!"

"try to live your life" is my favorite line, along with the resources bar being shown to everyone for them to see how critical the situation is now for mankind (?) it's just beautifully sad. The world is ending and there is nothing we can do, just try to live your life.

:'(

"try to live your life" is my favorite line, along with the resources bar being shown to everyone for them to see how critical the situation is now for mankind (?) it's just beautifully sad. The world is ending and there is nothing we can do, just try to live your life.

:'(
Gbrega stop, this is not Gaydom Hearts.

PirateKing

I wonder if the voice actors for this game will be the same as Xenoblade. For the love of all don't let this have American accent.

Riki

Watched through all this and it was pretty good.
I'm still not sure if I agree that it's a direct sequel to Xenoblade. There's definitely some similarities.
At the same time, though, there's a lot of differences. It seems to be based in the same universe, at least.
For my personal tastes, I'm more interested in the mechanics of the game. We already know that the world will be amazing, but how will the battle work? Even with multiplayer, it seems like in single player your party is more spread out and acts more independent of you than in Xenoblade. Also how mechs will work in a party. We've yet to see multiple mechs working together, but we have seen multiple ones in the world at the same time. Will your party all get their own unique mech? And can they all use them at the same time? I can't even imagine how insane a battle with 3 or 4 mechs would be.

Soi-Fong

First time I saw this game.. Was planning on selling my Wii U to fund the PS4 this holiday, but that might not happen now. Even still, this is the only impressive game I've seen so far on the Wii U. Looks really good.

Haines

Banned
This is a horrible question but....

should i play xenoblade before this comes out?

Ive never been able to justify what people want for it, but im might be able to find someone willing to part with it cheaper given enough time....

ugoo18

Ive never been able to justify what people want for it, but im might be able to find someone willing to part with it cheaper given enough time....

Gamestop apparently is selling newly reprinted copies so you should be able to get it for a reasonable price now.

I saw the trailer on the Vita, it looked incredible! I am guessing it would be ideal to play this on the Wii U pad (in order to eliminate jaggies etc)

Riki

Can you please upload it somewhere, i've been dying to get the Eshop version of the trailer.

Here's the original. I'll see if I can find the second.

I originally modded my Wii so I could import it (where it's far cheaper in Europe) since Nintendo was being slow on an NA announcement. Otherwise, just keep looking around.
Proof, just in case!

wsippel

Banned

Yes. I won't say it's as amazing as it's often said to be, but it's still the best JRPG I've ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom