• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft New Project? ~Thread of Baten Kaitos III Wishes~

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Akselziys if NoA refuses to bring over BKIII themselves (I'm not impressed with their track record since Reggie became head, honestly), I want you and the folks at Aksys to make it your priority to work with 8-4 and Monolith Soft to localize the game for North America.

Solune

GaimeGuy said:
Akselziys if NoA refuses to bring over BKIII themselves (I'm not impressed with their track record since Reggie became head, honestly), I want you and the folks at Aksys to make it your priority to work with 8-4 and Monolith Soft to localize the game for North America.
As much as he'd like the chance I would say the chance to localize it would be 0. Keep your hopes up, but keep your expectations in check.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
GaimeGuy said:

If it came to that, I would do everything in my power to make that happen ;D

Baten Kaitos fans represent! New avatar GET! :D

Busaiku

GaimeGuy said:
I highly doubt Nintendo would sell the rights.

M-PG71C

What I wouldn't do for a third BK, damn were the first two some of the best RPGs of last generation. However...NOA sucks major fucking balls and for whatever reason, they hate Monolith Software (They have denied two out of two of their games this generation) so I'm fully expecting this game, if it were to come true, to stay in Japan.

Or NOE to the rescue with a localization effort, ala both Disaster and Xenoblade. THANK GOD FOR EUROPE! Seriously. I'm importing Xenoblade day one, I need a damn good RPG to fill in my month of September and it will do just fine!

This is making me depressed though, knowing NOA would rather fuck with everybody's head on the issue.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Even if it isn't Baten Kaitos 3 (dang it, Akselziys, don't bring my hopes up like that because I know it will more than likely not be released here ;_;), I want it.

But now I remember that NoA probably won't release it here because they're meanies. *sigh*

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Dark Schala said:
Even if it isn't Baten Kaitos 3 (dang it, Akselziys, don't bring my hopes up like that because I know it will more than likely not be released here ;_;), I want it.

But now I remember that NoA probably won't release it here because they're meanies. *sigh*

Worst case scenario, NOE should come to our rescue!
Love you, NOA! <3

john tv said:
What else could it be? That has to be BK3 - there's no mistaking that art...

Truer words have never been spoken ;)

Playing devil's advocate for a sec, it is Yasuyuki Honne's drawing that could be for a different game that has floating island like cities... Wait a sec, that's Baten Kaitos!
Or Monolithsoft's attempt at self-plagiarism XD; haha just kidding

daffy

Banned
Seraphis Cain said:
zbPWU.jpg
hahaha. I actually homebrew'd my Wii a couple weeks ago, so I was referring to the EU release. :D

Hopefully The Last Story is on the way as well. [so good] mmmmm, 5 different subtitle languages and that smooth new English VA. [/so good]. Its a shame homebrewing and importing localized games is so difficult these days..

Jonnyram

GameCube please.

You just know this is gonna be a late Wii game released a few months before Wii U comes out. Xenoblade, The Last Story and Baten Kaitos 3, all sent to die on Wii :(

Van Owen said:
I hope they ditch the prerendered stuff so they can step up the cinematics.

Eh, I like the prerendered stuff so I don't cinematics taking a dip really. Character models need a lot of improvement though.

Wow, I was actually just streaming this until 5 minutes ago. Baten Kaitos Origins, that is.

LET THIS BE BKO III FOR THE LOVE OF MY SANITY.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
dragonlife29 said:
Wow, I was actually just streaming this until 5 minutes ago. Baten Kaitos Origins, that is.

LET THIS BE BKO III FOR THE LOVE OF MY SANITY.

First Ivysaur, now Dragonlife, the Baten Kaitos triad is complete mwahaha ;)

Akselziys said:
First Ivysaur, now Dragonlife, the Baten Kaitos triad is complete mwahaha ;)
Hell yes. I stopped after the
second Giacomo fight on the cloud passage. Chaotic Dance and Chaotic Dance 2 <3

I always write Nintendo e-mails about the Baten Kaitos series :]

Aeana

This image is really, really old. It has shown up several times before.
EDIT: Oh, I see. Old image embedded, new image wasn't.

Instro

Aeana said:
This image is really, really old. It has shown up several times before.
EDIT: Oh, I see. Old image embedded, new image wasn't.
Yeah that threw me off at first as well.

Akselziys said:
If it came to that, I would do everything in my power to make that happen ;D

Baten Kaitos fans represent! New avatar GET! :D

Let's not talk about the future. Let's talk about the present. Xenoblade Chronicles. You know what you have to do.

Edit: another image for BKIII. Text says recruiting new staffers. This is old btw.

recruit_201012.jpg

I just had this weird path of thoughts that basically started with "Man, I hope this is Baten Kaitos" and ended with "Man I hope the WiiU gets hacked so I can play the European version of this."

Didn't the director of BK I talk about using the DS touch screen for Baten Kaitos DS a long time ago? Wii U controller would be an even better fit for a new Baten Kaitos! Monolithsoft started hiring new staff members for this how long ago? One year? We might be able to conclude that the game has been in the works for at least X amount of time already.

Edit: IF you've played Baten Kaitos, you'd notice that in the above image, the guy won't be able to attack at all. What a horrible hand!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
If this actually comes to anything I hope its Wii U like others have said, if it were a launch title that could really do a lot for the BK series and Monolith Soft in general. Especially if they do some cool shit with the new controller and the card system.

Why they never gave BK a chance on the DS is beyond me. It was the RPG system and the card battle system was made for the dual screen and touch setup. I hope they make a BK sometime for the 3DS as well, even if they were just remakes of the first 2 would be sweet.

daffy

Banned
Mockingbird said:
Edit: IF you've played Baten Kaitos, you'd notice that in the above image, the guy won't be able to attack at all. What a horrible hand!
?? I thought the swords were attacks.. damn, has it really been that long..

Jonnyram

FTH said:
?? I thought the swords were attacks.. damn, has it really been that long..
The only swords in that pic are relay swords and can only be used as part of a combo, not the opening card. (Origins)

Mockingbird said:
Didn't the director of BK I talk about using the DS touch screen for Baten Kaitos DS a long time ago? Wii U controller would be an even better fit for a new Baten Kaitos! Monolithsoft started hiring new staff members for this how long ago? One year? We might be able to conclude that the game has been in the works for at least X amount of time already.

Baten Kaitos DS actually showed up on one of those PR "LOOK AT ALL THE GAMES WE HAVE" lists, if I recall correctly.

Jonnyram said:
The only swords in that pic are relay swords and can only be used as part of a combo, not the opening card. (Origins)

No, they can be used as an opening (which is why the 0 is there) and a relay as well. any card there can be used as an opening but none of them will attack. It's possible that if you used one card the next card could be a digit of I- VII though.

ivysaur12

Banned
DXB-KNIGHT said:

my god, what have you done?

ShockingAlberto said:
Baten Kaitos DS actually showed up on one of those PR "LOOK AT ALL THE GAMES WE HAVE" lists, if I recall correctly.

Right. There were rumors that Baten Kaitos DS actually became Baten Kaitos Origins, but that's not really true. It was one of those "Oh this would be cool if we had these games!!!!" things like Saints Row 3DS.

Unnecessary HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE ALL ABOARD!!!

Effect

Bah. See no reason at all to get excited by or interested in any of this with how Nintendo is handling Xenoblade in North America. Even if it does get made the current NoA won't bring it over.

Top Bottom