• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft New Project? ~Thread of Baten Kaitos III Wishes~

Ydahs

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If this is false, heads will roll. I pray every year in false hope for a new Chrono game, but this news will put me at rest for a while.

vanty

Ideally they make BK3 as a Wii U launch title, and release the first two games on the Wii 6 months before then. Especially for those of us in PAL land who never saw BKO.

After BKII and Xenoblade, I'm sure that their next console game will be excellent and one of the best JRPGs of the (coming?) generation.

If they are making a sequel to Baten Kaitos, I hope it will be a spiritual sequal: same kind of battle system and art design, different world and characters. I think the potential of the first two games' setting was already pretty much fully explored in the first two games.

I'd be stunned if this is Baten Kaitos 3. It seems strange for a company like Nintendo to call for a new game in the series.

Whatever the case, the thought of such backgrounds in HD has me salivating, Baten Kaitos or not.

MoogPaul

I'd like for it to go on the record that I'd also accept HD remake of 1 and origins on one disc if a NA release at console launch is confirmed.

BK 3 would be better though

Truth101

Banned
Either they are making a new game with the same art-style as Baten Kaitos or we have ourselves Baten Kaitos III.
Too bad it will never see a NA release

robjoh

As Baten Kaitos is the only RPG I would buy day one, I sadly was a part of the problem for the first one impulse bought it used after the Wii release, Nintendo will find me buying a Wii U day one if it is a launch title.

wrowa

I just realized... who would bring this game to the west?!

NoA doesn't like to localize RPGs anymore.

NoE likes to localize RPGs, but since Origins wasn't released in Europe, there would be a gap in the storyline...

I don't like this :(

Snaku

Banned
uJrjJ.gif

I'll never get to play it anyway. =/

Ulairi

Banned
NoA under Reggie brought over Baten Kaitos Orgins so I would hope they'd bring over the 3rd title. If not, heads will roll!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I am pretty new with NoA and Localization.

Can anyone give me complete list of games that NOA decided to not bring to America?

I am aware of The Last Window, The Last Story and Xenoblade.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
The chances of this game actually getting made are about as good as NOA or NOE localizing it anyways. So if by some miracle this game does get made I feel like that would extend to localization as well.

Effect

IntelliHeath said:
I am pretty new with NoA and Localization.

Can anyone give me complete list of games that NOA decided to not bring to America.

I am aware of The Last Window, The Last Story and Xenoblade.

I admit it's hard to tell at times if it's NoA deciding themselves not to bring things over or if it's NCL saying no but for the purpose of this situation lets put the blame on NoA.

Soma Bringer (DS)
Disaster: Day of Crisis (Wii) (Bad or not people weren't given a chance. Japan, Europe, and Australia got this. This certainly suggest I think that Xenoblade isn't coming over to NA.)
Fatal Frame 4 (Wii)
Solatorobo (DS) (not a Nintendo game but Nintendo is handling it in Europe with nothing coming from NoA regarding it)
Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories (Wii)
Mother 3 (GBA)
Friend Collection (DS)
Pikmin 2 New Play Control (Wii)

Though Mother 3 and Friend Collection might be more NCL not even making them an option.

Edit: Corrected AC:R. True not all of these made it to Europe either but still looked like they would good for NA or even Europe release but they never happen.

ivysaur12

Banned
Ulairi said:
NoA under Reggie brought over Baten Kaitos Orgins so I would hope they'd bring over the 3rd title. If not, heads will roll!

Obviously Reggie is a huge Baten Kaitos fans. So we're obviously going to get the third with a huge marketing push!

Mreeeeeh!

Jezan

Hopefully its BK3!!! For Wii U would be awesome with the amazing panoramas! <3

Hyped for Chaotic Dance 3!!!

Alrus

I'm not getting my hopes up. BKO bombed horribly and there's no way Nintendo is gonna fork money for a sequel.

And even if it gets made, we wouldn't get it here. Europe didn't get Origins and it sold like 10k copies in the US.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Baten Kaitos' beautiful backgrounds would be glorious in 3D on the 3DS, but at the same time, they would be as much glorious in HD.

I vote Wii U. HD > 3D.

Van Owen

Banned
Solune said:
Why would you ditch the most visually appealing part of the games?
I just can't stand the static scenes with character drawings. If it's WiiU it should be decent looking enough.

daemonic

Banned
Alrus said:
I'm not getting my hopes up. BKO bombed horribly and there's no way Nintendo is gonna fork money for a sequel.

And even if it gets made, we wouldn't get it here. Europe didn't get Origins and it sold like 10k copies in the US.

BKO practically had no marketing push from what I remember, not to mention it was released near the end of the Gamecube's cycle... they really couldn't have been expecting it to sell much to begin with.

Hopefully if a new BK is in the works for Wii U or 3DS they decide to promote the game for a change. BK is my second favourite series and would love to see it actually do well.

wrowa

Effect said:
I admit it's hard to tell at times if it's NoA deciding themselves not to bring things over or if it's NCL saying no but for the purpose of this situation lets put the blame on NoA.

Soma Bringer (DS)
Disaster: Day of Crisis (Wii) (Bad or not people weren't given a chance. Japan, Europe, and Australia got this. This certainly suggest I think that Xenoblade isn't coming over to NA.)
Fatal Frame 4 (Wii)
Solatorobo (DS) (not a Nintendo game but Nintendo is handling it in Europe with nothing coming from NoA regarding it)
Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories (DS)
Mother 3 (GBA)
Friend Collection (DS)
Pikmin 2 New Play Control (Wii)

Though Mother 3 and Friend Collection might be more NCL not even making them an option.
Just for the record, of these games

Disaster
Solatorobo
Another Code R (it's a Wii game btw)
Pikmin 2

were released in Europe. In the recent past Europe also got Tingle RPG, Inazuma Eleven and Hotel Dusk 2, all for DS. Xenoblade Chronicles is confirmed for a European release while NoA apparently isn't going to release it in the US. It's also been implied by Sakaguchi afaik that The Last Story is going to be released in Europe. There's been no official word on it by either NoE nor NoA, though, and I'm convinced that it won't be released this year anyway.

However, Glory of Heracles, the Fossil Fighter games, Starfy DS and Excitebots were US exclusives.

Effect

Alrus said:

I honestly don't remember any lead up to BKO or any advertisements for it at all. I knew about BK before it came out but I was surprised that BKO even existed well after it came out and by the time I did I had already started focusing on my Xbox as it came down in price.

ivysaur12

Banned
It's curious that Europe didn't get BKO, because I assumed the only reason that America got the game was with a mandate from NCL.

Sadist

ivysaur12 said:
It's curious that Europe didn't get BKO, because I assumed the only reason that America got the game was with a mandate from NCL.
I'm still hurt about the lack of BK: O in Europe :'(

Yuterald

Any thread pertaining to Monolithsoft will only bring frustration and disappointment to the majority of those who live outside of Japan.

If this is a Wii U title I can't wait to NEVER play it because NOA will probably concoct some scheduling reason why they can't localize it. "We have plenty of content coming out, Wii U Play, a new obligatory Zelda & Mario game, we need breathing room for these titles. But I can assure you, there's something for everyone." 0_0

Fuck this.

lol, I'm still infuriated that we will most likely never see Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's Tower, etc.)

Solune

Van Owen said:
I just can't stand the static scenes with character drawings. If it's WiiU it should be decent looking enough.
Ah understandable. I'm sure with what they've done for Xenoblade, BK3 would look incredible especially if moved to WiiU.

Mudkips

Banned
I really need to restart BK and BK2. Loved them both but never finished either of them.
Would be shitty if it comes to WiiU and I have to maintain a Wii / GC to play the first two.

ivysaur12

Banned
This amount of Baten Kaitos love is truly wonderful.

I'll also only accept* a localization if done by 8-4.

Not really but it's highly preferred

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'll believe it when I see it... but a BK3 will get me to fork over cash for the 3DS or WiiU no questions asked.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
ivysaur12 said:
This amount of Baten Kaitos love is truly wonderful.

I'll also only accept* a localization if done by 8-4.

Not really but it's highly preferred

Baten Kaitos love = happy Akselziys :D

fredrancour said:
subtitle for this thread should be "but it doesnt matter because NOA won't localize it :****("

Fortunately I'm too optimistic by nature to post something cynical or depressing XD;

atre324

As excited as I am for another baten kaitos, I think I'd like to see some sort of console sequel to Soma Bringer at some point too :(

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
atre324 said:
As excited as I am for another baten kaitos, I think I'd like to see some sort of console sequel to Soma Bringer at some point too :(

I think Xenoblade was a spiritual sequel to that of sorts XD
I think they used the same artist for it too?

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Who exactly controls the franchise?

- The first game was published by Namco.
- The second game was announced by Namco, but then was later picked up by Nintendo.
- Nintendo didn't purchase Monolithsoft until about a year after BKO was released.

Seda

Having played and liked Origins...should I play the original? I hear its harder to get into

JJConrad said:
Who exactly controls the franchise?

- The first game was published by Namco.
- The second game was announced by Namco, but then was later picked up by Nintendo.
- Nintendo didn't purchase Monolithsoft until about a year after BKO was released.

It gets more confusing, Nintendo published the EU and AU versions of Eternal Wings, and Namco worked on development of Origins though Nintendo published it in all regions.

Instro

Seda said:
Having played and liked Origins...should I play the original? I hear its harder to get into
The battle system is slower, but just as interesting. The VA is bad, but other than that its an excellent game. If you liked Origins you should enjoy BK1 very much.

creid

kokujin said:
Really, I didn't know that, smart move on Nintendo's part.
Smart? Debatable. Good for North American MonolithSoft fans? Definitely not.
Ulairi said:
BK:O came out only 4 months after Reggie became President of NoA, and I doubt he had anything to do with the decision when he was VP of Sales and Marketing.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Busaiku said:
Europe never got Mario Super Sluggers either.

Or Chibi-Robo Park Patrol and Legendary Starfy. Both subsidiaries are pissed on by NCL. The develop all these cool games and release them only in the smallest, most indifferent market (Japan).

Top Bottom