• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

awajv0.gif

I just realized, we can move the UI stuff to the gamepad and make the screen uncluttered with UI stuff...............

wasn't paying much attention to nintendo but this, THIS has finally got me looking at its direction.

I may just bite on a Wii U for this and to catch up on Xenoblade. Do wii games have the option to play on the gamepad?

demidar

I pity the poor souls who remain unmoved by this revelation, for they are dead inside. Truly a fate worse than death.

Sheroking

I mean... they went and hired network people, but they didn't grow a staff big enough to support an MMO. This is Monster Hunter-ish multiplayer, and I'm betting it's optional.

duckroll

What's even more exciting about this is Monolithsoft has probably been working on this game for 3 years or more since Xenoblade came out in June 2010 in Japan. That seems weird to me since I didn't play it until last year but for the sake of this next game it's great news.

I don't think they've been working on this since the moment Xenoblade came out. :p

A number of their graphic artists, designers, planners, and cutscene staff worked on Skyward Sword as well.

UberTag

I just realized, we can move the UI stuff to the gamepad and make the screen uncluttered with UI stuff...............
Clearly the best use of the GamePad yet. UI-free gameplay.
I could do without those numerical damage indicators, too.
Just give me all of that yummy eye candy. Yum yum yum.

I just realized, with the game looking as good as it does with its clear Xenoblade-scope, isn't that an achievement? Had any PS360 game done this as good looking?

I don't think they've been working on this since the moment Xenoblade came out. :p

A number of their graphic artists, designers, planners, and cutscene staff worked on Skyward Sword as well.
Ah, I see. It was probably at least in the planning stages at that point though, wouldn't you say?

Raide

Now all they have to do to ruin this hype is to never let it leave Japan.

Game looks damn awesome and I love the inclusion of Mechs. Will keep an eye on it.

mclem

UKVDYOJ.jpg

Multiplayer confirmed, basically?

At this stage of development, "Player1-3" could simply be placeholder labels for your party members, but I'm very curious about what the bottom-left window says - and, for that matter, the "System Log" on the bottom-right of one of the other pictures.

That said, this is a massive thread already, so it might already have been covered!

Massive environments, massive enemies, gorgeous music? No. The trailer did exactly what it needed to in order to appeal to me, a Xenoblade fan.
It had all those things, it was just badly cut together. The way the music stopped abruptly for the X was quite jarring. It wasn't a slick trailer in any way.

DaBoss

So what do people think of the graphcs tech-wise? Looks great, but is it beyond PS360 territory? I'm not sure.

Plus this looks way too much like Xenoblade 2 and I thougght it was supposed to be a new IP?

Does it matter if it is beyond PS360 territory? Nobody can really determine that, but regardless it looks amazing.

Aeana

At this stage of development, "Player1-3" could simply be placeholder labels for your party members, but I'm very curious about what the bottom-left window says - and, for that matter, the "System Log" on the bottom-right of one of the other pictures.

That said, this is a massive thread already, so it might already have been covered!

The bottom left window is a chat window.
The system log shown in other screens shows items being picked up.

TrutaS

Looks great but needs color, it's looking to Unreal Engine3 to me. I bet it will have different scenery, so I still hope.

UberTag

according to square open world HD jrpgs are not possible on the ps360
A lot of things are no longer possible for Square in the HD era.
Like games without Lightning. NEED MORE LIGHTNING. You will want to protect her. Tomb Raider-Final Fantasy crossover incoming.

Wow this looks fabulous. Don't like the characters face that much but we're still talking a 10-fold improvement over Xenoblade. Loving the big environment.

Lyonaz

OH MY EFFIN GAWD!!!!

I love you Nintendo and Monolith Soft.

I'm gonna hug my Wii U, it's finally getting more games.

I am okay with this Xenoblade sequel, especially if it has multiplayer a la MH or Phantasy Star Online.

Now I need a Wii U, Monolith is becoming the new Square confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom