• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahed

Wait multiplayer? Damn

I hope that it's as optional as possible because that's a severe downer on what looks amazing

crinale

Players are like exchanging greetings on chat screen, so it's obviously multiplayer game.
I'm wondering whether it'll be MO or MMO, though.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Well... I won't mind the multiplayer, but I hope it's an actual RPG with an actual storyline a la Xenoblade, rather than a Monster Hunter/Dragon's Dogma series of missions and shiznits.

Of course my first reaction was just like everyone else's, and sploooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooge.

Looks incredibly cool. Not sure how I feel about the multiplayer components yet. I hope the main draw is still a single-player experience, as that's more my kind of thing.

anddo0

That X reminds me of Xenogears logo. Hoping that multi is optional, and this isn't an MMO.

Color me excited.

Should we start the localization campaign now?

Like Monster Hunter, MP will probably be optional.

I wonder if it will have any type of story, or just be a straight up Monster type game.

spidye

aturjs.gif

it's fuckingbeautiful.
just look at the scenery or the sky

2San

I knew it was too good to be true. It does look like this will be multiplayer a la Monster Hunter.
Still looks like it has a focus on singleplayer, with optional co-op. The battlesystem looks like an exact copy of Xenoblade including the party attack logo in the middle(which doesn't make much sense for MP). Wish they made a different combat system. :x Looks really nice either way tough.

Effect

Not a MMO I don,t think ...more like 4 player co-op like PSO or Borderlands etc etc...

This. Assuming this to be the case as well. Makes no sense for them to jump into the MMO space. However Monster Hunter, PSO, or Borderlands type of experience make sense.

The scale of the game is just amazing. Take that those that said the Wii U isn't next-gen or is just another PS3/360.

Ricker

Xenoblade with player controllable party members as optional co-op would be sweet.

This would make sense,just like you can play Bordrlands or Dead Island in single player or drop in drop out co-op if you like...the ideal way if it's not a full fledge online only MMO...

iavi

...the games scope look fantastic, but im gonna need more than a monhun clone with gundams. Anyway, Sawano! I expect an entirely awesome OST, at the least

Wichu

The X looks like the X in the Xenoblade logo, but with the second diagonal as a brushstroke and red.

6ZvbA4v.png

xenobladelogo_2.png

That + combat system + world design + Shulk (?) makes it very likely this is a Xenoblade sequel.

So basically game of the forever confirmed?

ape2man

WHYYYYYYY i dont have the money for this shit. Why nintendo WHY do you make me BUY YOUR U TABLE.

First Wind Waker HD now this. AAAAAAAAAaaAAAGGGGHHH

DaBoss

A MP focus is all I need to know the game will not be for me. Especially if it's really trying to be MH. That game is boring as all hell in SP only.

wut??

This game looks like it plays like Xenoblade. It seems more like co-op single-player.

Monster Hunter is a multiplayer focused game. You can't even say just because multiplayer is in the game it is going to be bad.

raven777

The first time I watched the trailer, the music seemed very similar to Gundam Unicorn.

I searched and they were same composer. He seems to do most of his works on anime, and this is his first video game work?

Ok. I've had a chance to calm down. The game looks pure awesome. I hope it's not an MMO though. Only other negative is that I wish the frame rate was better.

Hindle

Banned
Every single game from now on will have multiplayer. It's easily ignored.

I hope the world and setting are as unique as Xenoblade, and hopefully the story won't go mad at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom