• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 4U, but you could probably make it in this game:

iD5JFYyIqocbQ.jpg

world of warcraft tier 47 armor set.jpg

I don't think it would matter what skills that had...I couldn't bring myself to wear that.

la_briola

looking good there, guuuurl
lol, if you say so!
Is Cera still the best GS? I saw that the Ukanlos one has higher raw, but less sharpness.

Edit: and lol you look like ass.
Yeah, it's the best purple sharpness (with +1) GS I could find and yes, I look like ass.

iD5JFYyIqocbQ.jpg

That looks disgusting. :lol

Shengar

Darn shame we had that dc x.x
My internet is making fool of me. Glad that happened after Jho capped though!
I'm still pissed that a genprey wake up sleeping Jho earlier instead of my bomb awakening. I seriously have to make every single prey extinct in the wild.

ilium

edit2: Marathon Runner is gimping me hard... maybe I just drink Dash Juice or only play with MuchiMuchiPink and tell him to play the Horn. :lol

well. you could also ditch Normal Up. i mean, 10% bonus is nice, but bow has pretty low damage values to begin with, so i'm not sure if 10% is really that important. on a high damage weapon like the greatsword 10% are pretty substantial of course.

so for seregio's bow for example marathon runner is much more important that normal up. (unless you're chugging dash juice all the time obviously)

iD5JFYyIqocbQ.jpg

that's disgusting.

Shengar

Is it just me the Tiger-stripe Zamtrios doesn't flinch at all? Highly resistant to moiunts too... :/
Mostly it's resistant because it stay inflated for the rest of the fight. Even when it's revert to normal form, finding an opening for mount attack is rather hard unless you're fighting it in its starting are.

My internet is making fool of me. Glad that happened after Jho capped though!
I'm still pissed that a genprey wake up sleeping Jho earlier instead of my bomb awakening. I seriously have to make every single prey extinct in the wild.
did you get a gem at least?

la_briola

well. you could also ditch Normal Up. i mean, 10% bonus is nice, but bow has pretty low damage values to begin with, so i'm not sure if 10% is really that important. on a high damage weapon like the greatsword 10% are pretty substantial of course.

so for seregio's bow for example marathon runner is much more important that normal up. (unless you're chugging dash juice all the time obviously)
[...]

Okay, makes sense. I'm currently doing charm runs with my Charm God/Gathering +2 set, praying for Stamina +8 and 3 slots.

Every run looks like this:
zlCfzTFO_9QkMYklRZ

Busaiku

So regarding Adrenaline...
Is it only active when I'm below 40%? Or does it just activate then, but stays active if you heal?

Scher

That's quite a bundle of stuff! I was expecting just the Link gear, had no idea all other other weapons, armor, and missions were also included.

Must get that poogie horn!

I think a large part of why there's a bunch of stuff is because they're going to do monthly updates as opposed to weekly updates. I'm just hoping Isabelle shows up in the April update, because that's what I'm eagerly waiting for!

Netto-kun

We are talking about how bad looking mixed sets? (posting in-game 4G screenshots on JP Miiverse is still disabled, smh)
Charge Blade (I don't think this one looks too bad)
kl98ON6.jpg

...this one though.
9LWzD7x.jpg

Evade Lancer (I think this looks ok).
DdUWTxr.jpg

la_briola

care to share your charm armor set up? :)

Sure, but you will hate me at the end of this post...

any 3 slot weapon (3* gathering jwl 1)
any torso up head (skull visage)
any 3 slot chest (3* charmer jewel 1)
butterfly brachia x (gathering jwl 1 and charmer jewel 1)
any torso up pants
any torso up boots

charmer +7 with 2 slots charm (2*gathering jwl 1), don't hate. :-(

If you don't have this amazing charm, you can go for Charmer +10 or +15.

BUT The best way is to play G-rank arena for Felyne Hairband X it has charmer +13 (!)

ilium

Sure, but you will hate me at the end of this post...

any 3 slot weapon (3* gathering jwl 1)
any torso up head (skull visage)
any 3 slot chest (3* charmer jewel 1)
butterfly brachia x (gathering jwl 1 and charmer jewel 1)
any torso up pants
any torso up boots

charmer +7 with 2 slots charm (2*gathering jwl 1), don't hate. :-(

If you don't have this amazing charm, you can go for Charmer +10 or +15.

BUT The best way is to play G-rank arena for Felyne Hairband X it has charmer +13 (!)

thanks!
does gathering even work on mining nodes tho? i assumed it's just for stuff like mushrooms and herbs?

dat charm, holy shit.

So obviously the caravan quests are easier than the Gather Hall quests, as far as solo'ing. Does it make more sense to tackle all the caravan quests and get the best gear you can there, before really digging deep into the Gathering Hall?

A 2* Ratheon Hunt was far more difficult than the 4* star caravan Ratheon Hunts. Like maybe by twice. I'm at the town in the sky now. New gear is starting to get much better, fast. I now have like 3 weapons for each SnS, GS and IG that are equally great in different ways.

So should i just focus on finishing the caravan quests before taking on the Gathering Hsll?

So here's a question: is the Link armor any good? I see it has Fate and Awaken, which are both good skills to have, but I'm wondering what people's thoughts on it are. The bow seems to be the best Thunder bow, though.
Also the Master Sword seems to be an at least very competent fire sword, given it has a monsterous Fire attack and affinity, and good sharpness.

I think a large part of why there's a bunch of stuff is because they're going to do monthly updates as opposed to weekly updates. I'm just hoping Isabelle shows up in the April update, because that's what I'm eagerly waiting for!

Looking forward to Isabelle too. Hunting with her will make me feel less bad about neglecting the town of Sugarbow and my mayoral duty for months.

R0ckman

The ending to the story missions, was pretty good, it felt like a kind of opening to going online and doing guild quests from a technical standpoint.

tuffy

I hope folks will still be up for doing some high rank Dah'ren later on tonight.

I spent a lot of time crafting the Gravios Roar, but its reload speed is too slow to tackle just about anything that moves. So my next bright idea is to build the Arahabaki instead which should hopefully see me through the end of high rank.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Any suggestions as to a good high-rank hammer? I've had the Ceanataur Head Axe for quite a while now, and it's good, but I'd really like something else.

Fuck you Zamtrios.
Dude limped off to the next area. I go in there, and he goes into his pounce mode. Since I have speedsetup, I have enough time that I can drop a trap before he does it, so I do. He then just says fuck it and walks off right back where he came from.

EDIT: BABABAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA. I have a support kitty, so moments after I zone in to back after Zamtrios, I see on my map that Deviljho just WALKED INTO THE TRAP LIKE IT AINT NO THING. Capture saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom