• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilium

Throw Loading on there too for that juicy third charge

And Yeah Marathon runner (or stamina recovery) should be standard on any power shot bow set

I'm thinking evasion/evade ext/load up/focus, but what else?

;)

anyone up for G2 Keys? i'd like to push through G2 today so i can start farming for the Kushala X set...

There needs to be some vanity mechanic like in MMOs...

seriously. looking like a clown is the worst. :<

Are Wyvern gems supposed to be rare or something? I got 4 fighting Black Gravios twice and a few from Tigrex.

I have no use for them btw
Elc03Wn.png

upandaway

Holy crap Najarala is so cool. They really put effort into variety of monsters this time. That was a lot of fun, half the time I just had no clue how he'll move next.

ilium

Thanks! Is Dead eye useful?

For bowguns, yes! For Bows, not quite sure tbh. Maybe for Pierce Bows because they shoot quite far.

I dunno. I imagine so since it increases Critical Range window. Sounds universally useful as more shots should have max damage over time even if you are slightly too close or far

The problem is, that Rapid arrows don't really fly all that far. And it'll be difficult to hit with all spread arrows if the target is too far away. So i assume it's only useful for Pierce.

For bowguns, yes! For Bows, not quite sure tbh. Maybe for Pierce Bows because they shoot quite far.

The problem is, that Rapid arrows don't really fly all that far. And it'll be difficult to hit with all spread arrows if the target is too far away. So i assume it's only useful for Pierce.

Well does it extend critical distance in both directions? Near and Far?

Mupod

Man, Dahren Mohran is ridiculously easy. You can let him hit the boat every time, play like shit, and still have no trouble killing him.

I guess I should farm him a bit - I need more Elder Dragon Blood to upgrade my Daora gun. And his set looks great for it, recoil down and pierce up. I'm making the push to G soon and I really don't need anything stronger than this Najarala gun and Rath Soul, but it can't hurt.

Still want to fight a few monsters I missed in Caravan before moving on as well.

la_briola

I could make this (for the Seregios bow): Evasion +1 / Evade Extender / Load Up / Focus / Normal/Rapid Up.
Thoughts/suggestions, anything you would change? It's a while since I last played Bow...

Selregios Cap X
Kushala Vise X
Black Belt Guards (or anything with Torso Inc)
Kushala Wind Wrap X
Carnage Socks Shin
-----------------
+4 Loading, +5 Fast Charge ---
-----------------
1x Forceshot Jewel 3
2x Jumping Jewel 2
1x Jumping Jewel 1
1x Charger Jewel 1
2x Forceshot Jewel 1

that's a good question. i remember that gaijinhunter had a post on his tumblr about dead eye and said it was a bit OP for bowguns. can't remember if he talked about bows as well.

I have to imagine it does

In that case it would benefit all bows since I know a lot of times the monster gets too close to my rapid and scatter shots.

Pop Close range coating on there and you basically have a shotgun. Assuming the effects stack

EDIT: Awww saw the Gaijin Hunter post...

So it extends it OUTWARD. So yeah. Meant for Pierce bows... Which is still awesome

ilium

I could make this (for the Seregios bow): Evasion +1 / Evade Extender / Load Up / Focus / Normal/Rapid Up.
Thoughts/suggestions?

Selregios Cap X
Kushala Vise X
Black Belt Guards (or anything with Torso Inc)
Kushala Wind Wrap X
Carnage Socks Shin
-----------------
+4 Loading, +5 Fast Charge ---

i think evasion + evade extender is a bit overkill tbh. nice charm btw.

my set will be

Ukanlos Fangs X
Kushala Vise X
Kushala Embrace X
Kushala Wind Wrap X
Kushala Shank X
-----------------
+ OOO
-----------------

Evasion 1, Load Up, Marathon Runner, Focus.

You really want something that helps your stamina management, otherwise you'll run out of stamina constantly and lose the DPS you'd gain with Powershot.

Man, Dahren Mohran is ridiculously easy. You can let him hit the boat every time, play like shit, and still have no trouble killing him.

I guess I should farm him a bit - I need more Elder Dragon Blood to upgrade my Daora gun. And his set looks great for it, recoil down and pierce up. I'm making the push to G soon and I really don't need anything stronger than this Najarala gun and Rath Soul, but it can't hurt.

Still want to fight a few monsters I missed in Caravan before moving on as well.

It's overall a more forgiving fight compared to Jhen Mohran from Tri/P3rd/3U.

The Dah'ren fight its nowhere near as exciting as Jhen because you don't have to work for it. Getting a perfectly timed gong, binder, or 'nator was amazing, but now it doesn't matter. There's no urgency on the final showdown either because heel never reach the ship. In fact, I usually have to sit around like a jackass so I don't kill him outside of the arena. I have never gotten to use the Dragonator on him, which makes me sad. I miss the music and group congratulations from doing it well.
I died during a HR5 rathian capture quest. I got 2 rubies.
That's rewarding incompetence.
The quest rewards in this game sometimes slay me. Last night I ran a Teostra G with a group of randoms. One faints after 2 mins, one shotted because he was wearing Rath Soul armor with 450 def in G rank. Whatever, it's cool. Then, a GS gets one shotted by a supernova. One again, nbd that move is bullshit but now we have to be careful. The monster just fled to its next area, but I didn't see it limp. I decide to go it alone for a bit while my last active teammate gathers ore or something. This gives me 3 minutes with the monster, and I use them. I decide to mount it right as my teammates enter the room. We kill it, mission complete. Everyone agrees I basically saved the hunt with the clutch mount + overall DPS.

I get 4 things TOTAL from the rewards. The dude in Rath Soul (who stayed away the rest of the fight because he would get one shotted) got a gem. Sigh.

TheGrue

Doing the Bonus: Stash Grab from the DLC. Says you need Secret Stashes, which I know drop from melynxes. Problem is I need 10 and I have been running around and only got 1. Any way to up the odds of getting them?

Doing the Bonus: Stash Grab from the DLC. Says you need Secret Stashes, which I know drop from melynxes. Problem is I need 10 and I have been running around and only got 1. Any way to up the odds of getting them?

Naw... At least the cats spawns should be infinite...

Actually.... isn't there a felyne skill that guarantees shiny drops?

I think it only works on Large monsters though... not sure

Sifl

Does anyone know how to craft the Rebellion X set? I have the materials, but it is only letting me craft Rebellion Z armor.

So I went to saturn, which is the biggest electronic market in Hamburg, and they said it was sold out. Gamestop the same.

So I guess that's Nintendo's strategy to ship as less as they can to keep the interest up. I ordered one from the online shop with shipping to the market. With the 5€ newsletter coupon it only cost me 34€, which is nice.

Will be my first monster hunter ever.

la_briola

How do I unlock brachydios and/or deviljho arena quests?

i think evasion + evade extender is a bit overkill tbh. nice charm btw.

[...]

You really want something that helps your stamina management, otherwise you'll run out of stamina constantly and lose the DPS you'd gain with Powershot.

The thing is, you want to be up close and personal with the regios bow, because close coatings are basically power coatings.

What do you think is better for the bow: evasion or evade extender?

Maybe I just drink dash juice all the time... but you are probably right. I need to think about that again.

ilium

The thing is, you want to be up close and personal with the regios bow, because close coatings are basically power coatings.

Maybe I just drink dash juice all the time... but you are probably right. I need to think about that again.

that's exactly why i think evade extender is not really needed. extender and evasion seems a bit overkill, because you could get another skill instead.

i prefer evasion by a fair amount. it let's me roll through so much stuff, it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

JimPanzer

so why should I go for close coatings instead of power coatings with the regios bow, anyway? I don't see it as a benefit being closer to the monster, and regios is rapid anyway, so you won't miss much because of a higher range.

I'm currently going full Kushala X
skills are:
Focus
Evasion+1
Evade Dist
Crit Element (I know, pointless for regios bow)
Heat Res
Poison-1

first time using the bow and just only tried it with solo seregios, but really liked it

la_briola

so why should I go for close coatings instead of power coatings with the regios bow, anyway? I don't see it as a benefit being closer to the monster, and regios is rapid anyway, so you won't miss much because of a higher range.

skills are:
Focus
Evasion+1
Evade Dist
Heat Res
Poison-1

first time using the bow and just only tried it with solo seregios, but really liked it
Because you don't have an infinite amount of power coatings, imho.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I love Evasion, it's so useful. But when I use a set with Evasion +1 for a long time and go back to using a set without it.. ouch.

ilium

I see. The thing is... I can't get Marathon Runner / Evasion +1 / Load Up / Focus / Normal/Rapid Up with my current charm list.

well, you could give up focus, because with a charge 3 like seregio's bow the gain is pretty low. it makes much more sense for bows that gain a 4th charge with load up.

Because you don't have an infinite amount of power coatings, imho.

yep, you effectively gain 20 (30 if you bring combo stuff) more power coatings.

I love Evasion, it's so useful. But when I use a set with Evasion +1 for a long time and go back to using a set without out.. ouch.

truthfact. it's a bad habit and i can never go back...

skills are:
Focus
Evasion+1
Evade Dist
Heat Res
Poison-1

get marathon runner instead of crit element.

Mupod

I love Evasion, it's so useful. But when I use a set with Evasion +1 for a long time and go back to using a set without out.. ouch.

I tried rolling through Gravios' sweep beam wearing Lagombi gunner gear, then I forgot it didn't have evade+1. I could almost smell the burning fur.

JimPanzer

hmm I may go for the caduceus bow after all

anyone knows which quests unlock the low rank and high rank ceadeus stuff? got only g-rank -.-

Carved a Dire Blastheart from just my second G Molten Tigrex. And I actually need one. This is new to me, and is making me slightly nervous. I feel like whatever else I might need now, I won't get it. Ever.

Mupod

Any GS users that can recommend what they went to after the Tetsu sword?

I used the Chieftain's GS for a while and upgraded it into the Zinogre one, which easily got me through the end of low rank. I just had the stuff lying around. Alternatively if I wanted to go full overkill, there's a way to get sharpness+1 in low rank by mixing Gore and Ceanataur gear. If you use that with the Gore Magala GS I believe it can hit white sharpness in low rank.

At the start of high rank there's a Hermitaur GS that's VERY easy to make and much better than any low rank weapon. The only catch was a black pearl but you can actually get those from regular small hermitaurs.

When you get to the Seregios one it's cool as hell because you practically never need to sharpen it, unless you have to block. Strong and easy to make too.

ilium

hmm I may go for the caduceus bow after all

anyone which quests unlock the low rank and high rank ceadeus stuff? got only g-rank -.-

that bow has no power coatings and gains pierce at charge 4 which is pretty situational. not sure why you'd want that?
you'd also need Pellet Up for the 30% damage bonus for it's charge 3 attack.

la_briola

If I ditch Focus, I could go for:

Marathon Runner
Load Up
Normal/Rapid Up
Evasion +1

edit: nevermind, barrage piercings are a no go for now...
edit2: Marathon Runner is gimping me hard... maybe I just drink Dash Juice or only play with MuchiMuchiPink and tell him to play the Horn. :lol

Kinsei

Banned
How do I unlock brachydios and/or deviljho arena quests?

High rank?

Deviljho: Do the HR7 Deviljho quest in the frozen sea.
Brachydios: Do the HR6 Brachydios capture quest.

ilium

If I ditch Focus, I could go for:

Marathon Runner
Load Up
Normal/Rapid Up
Evasion +1

and then I have the choice of either:

Evasion +2, Quick Sheath, Earplugs or Critical Eye +1

What would you recommend?

personally i'd go for evasion+2 because it's awesome and you can roll through roars. quick sheath is pretty pointless (i love it on my current g-rank entry set however.) but i won't miss it. not sure if critical eye +1 is worth it for a high affinity bow like seregio's. i know there are certain thresholds, but i haven't looked into that yet.

la_briola

personally i'd go for evasion+2 because it's awesome and you can roll through roars. quick sheath is pretty pointless (i love it on my current g-rank entry set however.) but i won't miss it. not sure if critical eye +1 is worth it for a high affinity bow like seregio's. i know there are certain thresholds, but i haven't looked into that yet.
Sorry, I did a quick edit... thank you anyways! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom