• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Nice, Congalala in 5 minutes with the Charge Blade. That thing is really fun to use.

In terms of upgrades it's my oldest weapon but it's still giving me the best times. I really need a better lance.

HIR0

You said you able to make it limp. If you bring trap and tranquilizer, you could capped him and finish the quest.

I actually cannot make him limp... Not even close lol. I wish.
It's been giving me so much trouble I have almost chucked my Majora's Mask 3DS in frustration.

Yes it is a charge blade.

Your armor... It's a jumbled mess. But whatever floats your boat. :)

Aside for defense rating and elemental resistances - each armor part will give you skills (check the armor details). You'd want skills to activate to help you or cater to your playstyle. Each skill activates with a minimum of 10 or more. Negative values in armor skills will give effects as well.

You'd might want to complete a set or two... then mix match armors to grab and activate the skill you want along with talismans/charms or decorations.

Seems you know what you're doing. :) Farm for those parts!

If you need help, post a room here.

Ah, I have a much better grasp on it now.
Thank you very much for your help :]
And thank you to everyone else.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, thinking about doing Urgent 4 star Villager Quest. Anything in particular I need to bring to fight Gore Magala?

HR4 anyone? I need to do my urgent Pink Rathian, and then I can help then for some HR4 quests. I need money and want to wreck some monsters.

B-Dex

If I'm trying to get the King's Frill, can I just keep hitting the g. jaggi's head with my GS and eventually it will break? I've tried a bunch of times to no avail. Am I supposed to be using a different weapon to break its head? Is the GS a cutting only weapon? Or am I just getting unlucky with drops? I've tried maybe 5 times.

Jump attack to mount the jaggi and if you do a successful topple you'll most likely get a frill.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm trying to get the King's Frill, can I just keep hitting the g. jaggi's head with my GS and eventually it will break? I've tried a bunch of times to no avail. Am I supposed to be using a different weapon to break its head? Is the GS a cutting only weapon? Or am I just getting unlucky with drops? I've tried maybe 5 times.

Try the Hammer! ;)

Killed my first Ruby Basarios during a rare G-rank Exploration quest, went down a lot quicker than I expected. Deviljho came by to say hello and promptly one-shot me with his stomp, I'm still wearing High-rank Rath Soul armor.

Ended up with a level 98 Ruby Basarios guild quest, which sounds like it'd be pretty difficult for someone who just started G-1.

Is there any sort of chart to reference when it comes to guild quest levels? Say, level 80 and onward is G-rank or something?

Two weeks ago I bought a new 3ds. It's my first nintendo handheld since the gameboy advance. Never played a Monster Hunter. I think after work, I am gonna buy MH4U.

Thanks.

Leezard

Killed my first Ruby Basarios during a rare G-rank Exploration quest, went down a lot quicker than I expected. Deviljho came by to say hello and promptly one-shot me with his stomp, I'm still wearing High-rank Rath Soul armor.

Ended up with a level 98 Ruby Basarios guild quest, which sounds like it'd be pretty difficult for someone who just started G-1.

Is there any sort of chart to reference when it comes to guild quest levels? Say, level 80 and onward is G-rank or something?

85 and onward is G rank

Cerity

Goddamn dealing with seregios on the boat is some bullshit.

At least you can jump off the sides.

e: worth though

vtESOuW.jpg

jaosobno

Does anyone know where I can find Dragonite Ore? I'm trying to forge Kaiser Blade (CB), however, I've never encountered this ore. I'm now at that island area where you have to fight that huge monkey (forgot his name) in order to get Palicoes.

Also, what's the best way to "wound" Nerscylla's claw? I need to do this in order to get the claw needed for Kaiser Blade. Does "wounding" mean break the thing or something else (should I use hammer for this, does CB bounce)?

Raide

Does anyone know where I can find Dragonite Ore? I'm trying to forge Kaiser Blade (CB), however, I've never encountered this ore. I'm now at that island area where you have to fight that huge monkey (forgot his name) in order to get Palicoes.

Also, what's the best way to "wound" Nerscylla's claw? I need to do this in order to get the claw needed for Kaiser Blade. Does "wounding" mean break the thing or something else?

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/item/dragonite-ore

Leezard

Are you doing the lower level stuff? I've not been playing long (~10 hours) so could probably only be of any use on the lower level quests. No worries if not!

we're just starting with low level quests and then proceed to the high level quests

edit: even the low rank quests have late low rank monsters, though

Sickbean

Hi MH GAF - total series nub here. Just killed Great Jaggi and Seltas a few times with the hunting horn and crafted Jaggi armour.

Is it too early to do some online with people?

Kard8p3

Anyone willing to help a noob w/ his HR2 urgent? I was doing it with some people who were aorund HR4 but then I got dc'd, and since then my randoms have sucked :(

gathering hall id is 07-7052-4545-9869

pass is 2580

Spades

Hi MH GAF - total series nub here. Just killed Great Jaggi and Seltas a few times with the hunting horn and crafted Jaggi armour.

I'm in the same boat as you, so we can at least be noobs together. :D

I've just set up a room for anyone who wants to join in with some relaxed, low level hunting!

ID:
39-3548-5946-1134

Pass:

Raide

You can go online at any time but doing some of the early quests to help with gear and items can really help with your online progression. No harm in jumping online and seeing how you get on!

I've just set up a room for anyone who wants to join in with some relaxed, low level hunting!

ID:
39-3548-5946-1134

Pass:

I will be on in 10 mins if you don't mind another 1.

Sickbean

ID:
39-3548-5946-1134

Pass:

Cheers, at work at the moment but will check in later.

Spades

You can go online at any time but doing some of the early quests to help with gear and items can really help with your online progression. No harm in jumping online and seeing how you get on!

I will be on in 10 mins if you don't mind another 1.

Would be a pleasure to play with you again!

Zornica

Banned
I couldn't find anything in the OP, so I thought I may as well just ask.

Is there a localised version for the armor set search tool available yet?
I can't remember the exact name, so google proofed to be somewhat useless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom