• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

I think this is the only MH where I've run into a shortage of stone and raw meat.

Waited ages for the wycoon to get stones in and bought 1k+, not even sure on the exact number since it just shows 999 in my item box.

Raw meat on the other hand :/

Just made a mixed armor set with Sharpness+1, evasion+2, HG earplugs, speed sharpener, and heat resistance.

After I farm G Lagombi a few times I'll switch speed sharpener and heat res for evade dist up. Should be a decent set for IG, and it's not completely hideous.

But now I'm broke.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I built the Demolition Charge Blade out of the blue and put together a funny little set with it.

Razor Sharp
HG earplugs
Expert+3
Guard Up
Artillery

Though I considered ditching Expert plus 3, Guard Up and Artillery for Attack Up M instead.

Charge blade is fun, it's deceptively complicated, it's actually really easy once you understand how the moves flow from each mode. It's an insanely aggressive weapon, some times I just go nuts and do the charge attack into shield stab into elemental discharge over and over and over without really bothering to set the shield charge up.

But you can turtle hilariously well. Like almost too well. Just charging my shield and letting them ram into it until they go dizzy is ridiculous. I murdered a poor brute tigrex with it, it didn't even feel fair, between me being immune to his roars with HG earplugs and spamming the impact phial on his face he just couldn't do anything.

The only big issue I have with the charge blade is that it doesn't deal well with odd angles, there are a lot of moves in the moveset but very few of them feel versatile.

Still, really fun weapon, I'll see if I can spend more time with it.

Shengar

Wish money was easier to come by. I can get so many things but have no dough.
Helping others with their key quest and urgent paid back really nice, quite literally. I'm sitting at a pile of 1 million zenny from selling Akantor, Ukanlos, and Dalamadur mats.

HIR0

I can't solo Azure Rathalos in Guild 6 :(
I've tried flash bombs, the insect glaive, decorations to nullify poison and resist fire.
I can't seem to do enough damage.
My latest attempt I used up all of my 50 mins and could get it to limp.
When I get it down after mounting it my charge blade axe bounces off when I hit its tail.

I wanna get better at this game.
Help.

If I'm trying to get the King's Frill, can I just keep hitting the g. jaggi's head with my GS and eventually it will break? I've tried a bunch of times to no avail. Am I supposed to be using a different weapon to break its head? Is the GS a cutting only weapon? Or am I just getting unlucky with drops? I've tried maybe 5 times.

Garou

I've tried flash bombs, the insect glaive, decorations to nullify poison and resist fire.
When I get it down after mounting it my charge blade axe bounces off when I hit its tail.

Help.

If you time out at that stage of the game I would assume you're underspecced. What weapon are you using?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Help.

Upgrade your weapon, it's not sharp enough. Also your armor.

Cerity

If I'm trying to get the King's Frill, can I just keep hitting the g. jaggi's head with my GS and eventually it will break? I've tried a bunch of times to no avail. Am I supposed to be using a different weapon to break its head? Is the GS a cutting only weapon? Or am I just getting unlucky with drops? I've tried maybe 5 times.

Damage is broken up into cutting, impact and shot damage, to break stuff like frills and horns you will want to be doing impact. The GS deals in cutting damage so it won't break the frill, there is a GS attack that will do impact damage (the slap) but it's really easier to rock a hammer or another weapon that mainly does impact damage.

nice. There really needs to be a download all button for these monthly packs though.

Garou

Weapon: Eldenskraft

Armour:
Ioprey Head
Gravios Mail S
Gravios Vambraces U
Gypceros Tassets U
Rath Soul Greaves

That's the Rare3 base-form of the weapon, you never upgraded??? And made it to Guildhall6? Wow!

Have you ever used the third option at the forge? You can upgrade weapons AND armor there.

deim0s

Weapon: Eldenskraft

Armour:
Ioprey Head
Gravios Mail S
Gravios Vambraces U
Gypceros Tassets U
Rath Soul Greaves

Suggest making the Arachnoscale - should be easy to farm. Has bit thick white and blue sharpness. It should last for a while.

Damage is broken up into cutting, impact and shot damage, to break stuff like frills and horns you will want to be doing impact. The GS deals in cutting damage so it won't break the frill, there is a GS attack that will do impact damage (the slap) but it's really easier to rock a hammer or another weapon that mainly does impact damage.

Frills (parts in general) get broken with any damage with it, cutting, blunt or bullets. He should try to really aim for the head.

Unicorn

Just put an armor set together that gives handicraft, artillery, sharpness, and attack up.

Shit got real with my charge blade. KOing Velocidrome after like 5 hits lol.

HIR0

That's the Rare3 base-form of the weapon, you never upgraded??? And made it to Guildhall6? Wow!

Have you ever used the third option at the forge? You can upgrade weapons AND armor there.
I have but not for weapons. I need to farm S. Magala if I'm to upgrade that charge blade.

Suggest making the Arachnoscale - should be easy to farm. Has bit thick white and blue sharpness. It should last for a while.
Is this a charge blade?

Also is my armour underspecced?

Shengar

I have but not for weapons. I need to farm S. Magala if I'm to upgrade that charge blade.

Is this a charge blade?

I don't know for sure, but I assume your armor doesn't gives any full skill since it jumbled together from many set. You better make a complete set to gain whole benefit from it. Though I must said getting this far with that weapon and armor is impressive ;)

PKrockin

I break frills with the lance all the time. You don't need impact or shot damage to break any part.

There should be a "Skip" button on the touchscreen once you kill a monster.
Σ (  Д )ﻌﻌﻌﻌ⊙ ⊙

ohlawd

I'm out

no way you guys didn't know about skipping deaths and stuff

what's next. not skipping them in the older games too? >_>

BooJoh

Cutting damage can break parts, I break stuff all the time with switch axe. The only limitations afaik between damage types is cutting damage won't cause KO status and impact damage can't cut tails.

HIR0

It's a chargeblade made from high rank Nerscylla parts. Pretty easy to make and very effective.

Sorry if this a dumb question but would this be the Arachnophilia quest in HR4?

I don't know for sure, but I assume your armor doesn't gives any full skill since it jumbled together from many set. You better make a complete set to gain whole benefit from it. Though I must said getting this far with that weapon and armor is impressive ;)

I could never get the rathalos and rathian plates required to complete the sets I was after. I have 2 sets that are missing one piece of armour just because I couldn't get those materials xD
I just attached some decorations so I only have 2 skills which are negate poison and fire res +15

Shengar

Sorry if this a dumb question but would this be the Arachnophilia quest in HR4?

I could never get rathalos and rathian plates to complete the sets I was after xD
I just attached some decorations so I only have 2 skills which are negate poison and fire res +15
You said you able to make it limp. If you bring trap and tranquilizer, you could capped him and finish the quest.

deim0s

Is this a charge blade?

Yes it is a charge blade.

Your armor... It's a jumbled mess. But whatever floats your boat. :)

Aside for defense rating and elemental resistances - each armor part will give you skills (check the armor details). You'd want skills to activate to help you or cater to your playstyle. Each skill activates with a minimum of 10 or more. Negative values in armor skills will give effects as well.

You'd might want to complete a set or two... then mix match armors to grab and activate the skill you want along with talismans/charms or decorations.

Seems you know what you're doing. :) Farm for those parts!

If you need help, post a room here.

So sootstones... I did the quest that also has jho. Killed him and had less than 1 min to deliever the last rock. But right in front of the damn box I pressed the wrong button and dropped the rock. >.>;; thank god for sub quests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom