• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do.

Check the quest,

Source B - http://www61.atwiki.jp/3dsmh4g/pages/134.html

キリン亜種 集会所★7「高難度:千古不易を謳う王」クリア
After clearing the quest 高難度:千古不易を謳う王
=>
Seven Star quests (second from the bottom)

HR100で発生
You get the the quest at HR100, hence you couldn't get Kirinsub earlier

This wiki states that it was the requirement in 4.

Edit: At least I'm not crazy, found the conversation in the MH4OT about kirin sub, that's why I remembered this.
On a slightly humorous note somebody ingame wrote unwittingly "Oshiri Kirin" earlier, which means butt kirin, and now I can't unthink that...

I see. Since I picked up a Kushala Daora GQ, I checked reddit's guide and the list you linked, and they match up. I guess someone made a mistake when they listed the alternate Butt Kirin requirement. I'll keep trying it, if only because I have a bone to pick with Garuga. Thanks for the help though.

Kinsei, I don't really have the energy to play at the moment (I'll finally be back in action tomorrow
approximately 200 HRs behind Shengar
), but do you have some time to give me that Kut-ku?

Kinsei

Banned
Kinsei, I don't really have the energy to play at the moment (I'll finally be back in action tomorrow
approximately 200 HRs behind Shengar
), but do you have some time to give me that Kut-ku?

Sure. Do you want me to set up the room, or do you want to?

After years of playing mh3(u) I have to say the monsters in mh4u are so much fun to fight. Just got up to Khezu offline. Really like the different kinds of monsters you fight now. That giant shark thing was crazzzzy.

is monster hunter a game for someone who wants a pick up and play title that scratches that rpg/loot fix?
I only have an hour or so each night to play something, so i figured if this was similiar to PSO, then i could squeeze in a mission each night or something

After years of playing mh3(u) I have to say the monsters in mh4u are so much fun to fight. Just got up to Khezu offline. Really like the different kinds of monsters you fight now. That giant shark thing was crazzzzy.

I like how balloon mode feels like a phase in Zamtrios but it's (the following are subspecies mechanic spoilers. Just being safe.)
way more dynamic in Tiger Zamtrios. He pops in and out of that shit. Really cool.

is monster hunter a game for someone who wants a pick up and play title that scratches that rpg/loot fix?
I only have an hour or so each night to play something, so i figured if this was similiar to PSO, then i could squeeze in a mission each night or something

It'll take you a while, but you can do it haha.

Kinsei

Banned

The quests are all less than an hour and this game is very loot driven. The main difference is instead of getting random weapon drops you get random item drops to make the weapons yourself (At least until the endgame in multiplayer).

jorgejjvr

Why are G3 quests so painful? Even with 716 defense it's still pretty easy to die quickly. Makes grinding those quests with randoms impossible. It's why I haven't been able to advance.

-Alternis

Kinsei

Banned
Why are G3 quests so painful? Even with 716 defense it's still pretty easy to die quickly. Makes grinding those quests with randoms impossible. It's why I haven't been able to advance.

-Alternis

The endgame in every MH game is a huge step up. People should get used to it in a week or two if MH3U is any indication.

Beats

Thanks jorge and Shengar for helping with that quest.

Doing G2 (or G1) stuff now or anything else if anyone wants to join:
28-9052-0392-4197
Pass is 1234

Two spots

Cerity

Not sure if some people manage to get carried that hard or are straight up trolling :/

I'm helping a mate progress through HR5, two guys join, still in LR gear and I'm thinking they're good enough to haven't had the need to farm for HR gear yet. We go and fight tigrex and it's immediately obvious these guys haven't fought it before. They're being plain dumb, trying to attack all the time and getting caught in attacks that you can see from a mile away ie. Tigrex's 3x charge deal.

They cart 3 times and we fail the quest in under 10 minutes :/

Victrix

*beard*
Not sure if some people manage to get carried that hard or are straight up trolling :/

The former, I've had some really bad experiences in LR because I'm still doing solo quests.

People join my lobby and immediately select their urgent quest, even if I'm standing at the door with a quest already selected and one or two others there ready as well o_O

It'll shake out in a month or two as people settle in - while it's frustrating, it's a very good thing that there are a lot of newbies playing MH.

The former, I've had some really bad experiences in LR because I'm still doing solo quests.

People join my lobby and immediately select their urgent quest, even if I'm standing at the door with a quest already selected and one or two others there ready as well o_O

It'll shake out in a month or two as people settle in - while it's frustrating, it's a very good thing that there are a lot of newbies playing MH.

I've hated that practice since 2004. I have never, and will never play with someone who does that.

People joining my lobby and immediately posting their urgent without saying anything is pretty frequent for me.

They can at least say "Hello" or ask for help first.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Man, I think I've hit a wall...the Gypceros. That fucker killed me like in 10 seconds flat before I knew what hit me. Everything's been going pretty smoothly now with the Tetsucabra and such, but this dude's Poison Attacks are killing me.

CB isn't so friendly but GS is a easy weapon to use but hard to master. Stick to it, it's strong and fun to use :)

Switch axe is easy for newbies. GS is good for when you want to take advantage of knowing monsters. CB has more moving parts in terms of getting good momentum for high damage (phials, charging, guard points, etc).

Great Sword is pretty straight forward, slow and powerful weapon that does LOTS of damage, mostly focused on Raw damaged as opposed to elemental. Requires knowing the monster well so one can start charging up the attacks before the monster stays still.

Charge Blade is more complex, very rewarding, the weapon encourages switching between both sword and axe mode to load and unload the damage respectively. There are 5 phial icons on the top left corner. In Sword mode one hits the monster until the phials start to grow orange, then continue further so they glow red.

So for example, when they are glowing press R+A to "load" the phials (Orange will load 3, red will load all 5) After that you can switch to axe mode to either unleash elementa or impact damage, you can alternatively though, keep in sword mode and make the fully loaded phials glow to red, switch to axe do X+A attack, and in the middle of the animation, hit shield (R) to completely load the fully loaded phials, which then can be unleashed for a HUGE damaging attack. This doesn't even cover the guard points.

Both weapons are fun.

I use gunlance though 10/10 would full burst again

Thanks you guys. Think I'm going to go with Great Sword as a main and Charge Blade on the side.

Tom_Cody

That's how I've been playing it. 2-3 quests a night.

I would definitely reccomend it if you are/were a PSO fan. It's kind of a spiritual successor.

Also, the demo is pretty great. I would watch some introductory videos for the series on YouTube and then try the demo.

Prototype

Poison against Kushala helps sounds good it's not even funny. Takes the fight from frustrating to manageable.

Have the the full G Kushala set now, not the greatest skills, but ok, and it looks sogood.gif

Thanks you guys. Think I'm going to go with Great Sword as a main and Charge Blade on the side.

I can vouch for Charge Blade requiring you to keep track of things to maximize damage potential. At the start of any fight, I attack for a bit to get all 5 phials and red meter again, and then I get to do my world famous X+A->X+A->X+A->R~(Hold)+A dance.

I don't mind. I think it looks cool and it takes all of 5 seconds, which isn't unreasonable considering red shield is +20% damage in axe mode.

Owensboro

That's a bummer, that was my first DC. I though Jho just has some attack that made you think everyone had left. I guess someone threw a smoke bomb (which I've never used before), so I just assumed Deviljo just released smoke and made you think you were alone for a bit. Tuns out it just dropped everyone from my game :(

_Isaac

I played some online for the first time! It was a lot of fun, and a bit chaotic too. I'll have to look at some Monster Hunter etiquette guides to make sure I don't piss anybody off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom