• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I haven't played a MH in years! Looking forward to diving right back in the series.

Speaking of which, when's a good time to start venturing online? I only played the earlier MH games were connectivity wasn't really a thing (and good luck finding 3 other people with PSPs and the game), so I only ever hunted solo. Can we jump in online right from the get go or is there an expectation that you've finished the offline missions before going online?

yami4ct

I really want to play this game tonight. But I'm only (possibly) getting a N3DS tomorrow.

Question: If I we're to buy the digital version tonight on my Old normal 3DS can I transfer my game+progress to the N3DS when I get it?

Yep. System transfers are a bit of a hassle, but they'll get both your save and digital copy over.

My Collector's Edition should be coming from Amazon tomorrow, which makes me so excited. My Limited Edition 3DS bundle is supposed to be delivered Monday. I have some minor amount of hope that it'll come tomorrow too, given how close the location it's coming from and how long UPS usually takes, but getting it Monday with free shipping is good enough for me.

la_briola

Capcom you give me the smug face + chewing a straw!? I've gotta use this face, I've just gotta:
B9rti--IMAAcDNL.jpg

You know what's up!

My hunter from Sep 19, 2013, gonna go female this time I think... but armor sets are always worse than male. :<

Oh man, I haven't played a MH in years! Looking forward to diving right back in the series.

Speaking of which, when's a good time to start venturing online? I only played the earlier MH games were connectivity wasn't really a thing (and good luck finding 3 other people with PSPs and the game), so I only ever hunted solo. Can we jump in online right from the get go or is there an expectation that you've finished the offline missions before going online?
Get decent armor and weapons first you don't want to be the weak link that everyone has to carry. A g. jaggi set should be good to start with if its still the same as it was 3U

Mupod

well, I know what I'm doing and I still don't go online until my farm is fully operational. I hate running out of potions and such.

If you clear all the village quests before going online you'll be way ahead of what most people are at.

Ok, downloading. This is actually the first MH I'll be playing with friends and really playing it at all (I had Tri for the Wii but never got too much out of it). I always liked the kind of game that it is but not having friends playing kinda made me stay away from it as it seems it is much more fun with people you know. Still, I'm here, goddamn newbie and ready to have people getting mad at me online.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Eshop games with a retail street date tend to go up on the eshop at midnight EST in the US.

I'd assume MH4 will follow suit.

Juraash

Got shipping confirmation on my MH edition N3DS and my CE of the game is prepping for shipping from Amazon. I am a happy guy right now.

Spent some time last night on 3U practicing the Great sword as I'm thinking about adding that to my normal LS/Bow combo. Can't wait to be done with work tomorrow.

Kensuke

Nice to see the OT up. Made it to G-rank a few days ago (reviewer). I'll post a pic of my hunter as soon as my phone is charged. I'm in the GAF MH4Clan, so hopefully I'll see some of you guys online soon.

Get decent armor and weapons first you don't want to be the weak link that everyone has to carry. A g. jaggi set should be good to start with if its still the same as it was 3U

Cool, thanks.

Just a follow up question though, how far in is a G. Jaggi? Sorry, the last MH game I played was Freedom, and I'm not very familiar with the new monsters. Would it be the equivalent of Rathalos, or something further down the chain?

Shengar

Nice OT! I'm so hyped for this!
Monsters are usually causing trouble for whatever village you just happen to be a part of or stumble upon. Though motivation is more of an afterthought and becomes:

2572.gif
Pffft, capturing monsters is the only way to go ;D

My hunter from Sep 19, 2013, gonna go female this time I think... but armor sets are always worse than male. :<

Not necessarily. G Rank armor usually cool looking, and less bulky than the male counterpart. If you like to spoil yourself, you could see all of the armor here.

aka_bueno

Cool, thanks.

Just a follow up question though, how far in is a G. Jaggi? Sorry, the last MH game I played was Freedom, and I'm not very familiar with the new monsters. Would it be the equivalent of Rathalos, or something further down the chain?

It's like the first big monster you'll face ;)

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
I'm so excited right now. Just a few more hours of work and then the hunt begins!

It's also great that the Zero Suit is in, and that cannon looks amazing. Hopefully it's decent as I lean more towards HBG for online play.

J@hranimo

Banned
Whoa! Nice OT.

So I'm finally taking the plunge into this series and it seems I've picked the perfect one to start at. I got the MH4U new 3DS as well, but it won't get in until Monday :(

Are all of those character DLCs coming to NA too?

tuffy

It's also great that the Zero Suit is in, and that cannon looks amazing. Hopefully it's decent as I lean more towards HBG for online play.
The arm cannon is a light bowgun, surely. I think it's this weapon to be precise. One can tell from the short videos that it doesn't fold up like a heavy bowgun when sheathed and it appeared to be rapid-firing shots.

Miker

From the OT:

Metroid - Power Suit armor (male), Zero Suit Samus armor (female), and oversized arm canon
This Metroid collaboration allows you to equip the Power Suit armor (male only – available as blademaster or gunner set), complete with over-sized arm canon (heavy bow gun). It also allows you to replace your hunter's likeness with that of Zero Suit Samus (female only – available in blademaster and gunner), wearing her namesake suit.

Wait, so my female hunter won't be able to wear Samus' Power Suit? Am I reading that right? If so, wtf?

Kuren

Does anyone have that at a decent price? I've been looking everywhere for it, and it's all $50+ even without shipping. I would love one of those.

I have that case. It's nice, quality case. Except, it's huge. Don't expect to be carrying it like it's a small case. It's definitely one of the largest 3DS pouches I have, and I've seen. It's a fairly loose fit to a 3DS. It has an inner pouch to put other games/AC adapter or whatever accessories you wanna carry with. Let's put it this way, I could actually fit TWO 3DSs in that pouch even though it's a big snug...but they both fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom