• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT2| I'm Felyne Eggs-tatic!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
About 30 hunts in with charge blade and I've improved drastically. Getting the muscle memory down and having all of the moves, charges and transitions becoming second nature made all the difference.

It's rare that it happens so perfectly, but the few times when I've loosed a fully charged shield combo directly on a monsters dumb fucking face have been euphoric. I just got done screaming "GET FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED" at my 3DS while I watched one connect in slow motion on a downed Gore and it was one of the most satisfying MonHun moments I've ever had. What a fun ass weapon.

Some day I'm going to unequip the auto guard noob charm you get in the story mode and stop using that as a crutch, but today is not that day...

Using a big hit special is always the best, plus you always remember those hype as fuck moments. I had one where a A.Rath was trying to fly away and I hit him with my S.Axe's up-swing and killed it, so fucking hype.

The game's all about practice and learning the weapons and monsters. If you put the time in you'll get really good.

SAC

Neo Member
i have tonight off and... kinda want to hunt some monsters. i'm hr 370 and would like to hit 400 before Gen comes out so I really just want to free hunt/ take turns in a room and play whatever (although, i will say that i'm rusty and don't have a ton of experience doing GQ's).

i have a room open and will keep it open for at least 2 to 3 hours (if no one joins, that is). Gathering Hall ID is 57-4668-0316-0807, passcode is 9999

[EDIT: disregard this... had it open a couple of hours. i will try to give more notice when i can play]

Numb

MHX

jA9lcoH.gif

Sarcasm

i have tonight off and... kinda want to hunt some monsters. i'm hr 370 and would like to hit 400 before Gen comes out so I really just want to free hunt/ take turns in a room and play whatever (although, i will say that i'm rusty and don't have a ton of experience doing GQ's).

i have a room open and will keep it open for at least 2 to 3 hours (if no one joins, that is). Gathering Hall ID is 57-4668-0316-0807, passcode is 9999

[EDIT: disregard this... had it open a couple of hours. i will try to give more notice when i can play]

What time zone are you in? I got 4U this year.

Deband

Guys I have a question. I am thinking about getting the new monster hunter 3ds which comes with a digital version of mhx. What I'm wondering is if you do a system transfer what happens to the preinstalled game?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Guys I have a question. I am thinking about getting the new monster hunter 3ds which comes with a digital version of mhx. What I'm wondering is if you do a system transfer what happens to the preinstalled game?
You go redownload it in your eshop options.

tuffy

A system transfer over a preinstalled game removes it from the system once the transfer is complete, but adds it to your account so that you can re-download it for free from the e-shop.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Question: I'm watching a video of someone playing this who has the minimap turned OFF in the options and doesn't have it on the lower screen but he is pressing a button or something that is making the map show up on his top screen temporarily. How is he doing this? It's angering me that all these hundreds of hours later there is are buttons/hotkeys that I still don't know. I literally realized 3 days ago that you could pull up the menu and press X to signal so I've been wasting lower screen real estate on it for the last year because I thought there was no other way...

edit: nm I just figured it out, it automatically showed up when you pull up your items. Amazing

ohlawd

Weird question: on what conditions will a monster start eating? Which is the monster most likely to do this?

monsters have a stamina bar like the player. they eat or try to when it reaches zero. pin attacks also regenerate stamina. some attacks they do takes away bits of this bar. weapons like Hammer and Hunting Horn that cause impact damage also cause exhaust damage. There're other attacks too like SnS and Lance shield bash. staggering them hits their stamina bar too

you know how enemies have a tolerance to sleep and other status effects where future applications get harder to stick? exhaust is the same way. let's say you're fighting a monster with 500 stamina, exhaust tolerance of 300, and an increase of 75. after ten minutes, it uses a lot of stamina draining attacks. it's now down to 400. you hit it a bunch of times with your HH, and you dealt enough exhaust damage to reach the 300 tolerance. 400-300 = 100, and it will stagger. it does more attacks after and the bar reaches zero. it's now tired - drooling, some attacks fail, sits there doing nothing, and its tolerance raises up to 375. rage mode ignores fatigue and monsters are back to their original stamina values while keeping its current tolerance after a few minutes of being tired.

drawing a blank on what monsters tire easily.

monsters have a stamina bar like the player. they eat or try to when it reaches zero. pin attacks also regenerate stamina. some attacks they do takes away bits of this bar. weapons like Hammer and Hunting Horn that cause impact damage also cause exhaust damage. There're other attacks too like SnS and Lance shield bash. staggering them hits their stamina bar too

you know how enemies have a tolerance to sleep and other status effects where future applications get harder to stick? exhaust is the same way. let's say you're fighting a monster with 500 stamina, exhaust tolerance of 300, and an increase of 75. after ten minutes, it uses a lot of stamina draining attacks. it's now down to 400. you hit it a bunch of times with your HH, and you dealt enough exhaust damage to reach the 300 tolerance. 400-300 = 100, and it will stagger. it does more attacks after and the bar reaches zero. it's now tired - drooling, some attacks fail, sits there doing nothing, and its tolerance raises up to 375. rage mode ignores fatigue and monsters are back to their original stamina values while keeping its current tolerance after a few minutes of being tired.

drawing a blank on what monsters tire easily.

Thank you so much for this information! I'll do my best to make it happen.

Meat should work too, yes?

tuffy

Thank you so much for this information! I'll do my best to make it happen.

Meat should work too, yes?
Dropping tainted meat is best for the Deviljhos, who will quickly gobble them up for an easy status effect. Other monsters prefer different foods. Rathalos will pounce on small monsters and eat them (or a hunter, if necessary). Diablos is a vegetarian. And so on.

Dropping tainted meat is best for the Deviljhos, who will quickly gobble them up for an easy status effect. Other monsters prefer different foods. Rathalos will pounce on small monsters and eat them (or a hunter, if necessary). Diablos is a vegetarian. And so on.

Much obliged!

Shengar

Deviljho will eating anything edible on the ground once it hungry. Other monster like Rathalos requires you not to be seen prior placing the bait. So most of the time, baits are only useful against Jho. It's much more useful to know where they will go to eat especially against herbivore monsters like Diablos.

Beats

anyone want to mess around in G-rank?

19-3446-7422-0885
Pass is 1234

I've pretty much done everything so we can do whatever.

edit: done now.

ohlawd

anyone want to mess around in G-rank?

19-3446-7422-0885
Pass is 1234

I've pretty much done everything so we can do whatever.

is arena okay? still got a bunch of quests to S rank :(

edit: nvm lol didn't even read the first sentence in the post. let's do other crap then

Sarcasm

I am trying to farm hr5 gore for armour and weapon upgrade, anybody want in?

29-3648-3331-6982

* Only was able to get one hunt down before something came up. If anybody wants to set times to play I am down as I don't own MHG (don't even know how to get a copy where I am at anyways)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So when I stopped 4U I was only a handful of quests away from Gogmazios. I think I have 3 keys left (Ukanlos, Teostra, and Daora), then Gog. Anyone feel like helping me with that? I'd love to finally be able to say I've "finished" a MH.

Eusis

Kept getting wrecked by Gore Magala in Hr2 despite beating the core game (in that major low rank missions are done and I'm on high rank.) Might need some help with that one!

Sarcasm

Kept getting wrecked by Gore Magala in Hr2 despite beating the core game (in that major low rank missions are done and I'm on high rank.) Might need some help with that one!

I am only HR5..I need a steady hunting partner. I live in Taiwan though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Though my Gog skills aren't the best, I can probably be of some help with the rest.

As it turns out I was mistaken, I only had to do Ukanlos to unlock Gog. So I've got that lobby up now. If anyone wants to help:

57-3121-8583-2408

EDIT: Yeesh, 5 failed attempts with a full group. Gog is no joke. Anyway I'll try again tomorrow.

Eusis

Gathering Hall ID 31-4092-3810-6471. Want to take on Gore Magala to move to HR 3 and perhaps farm for a Rathalos Plate for upgrading my Charge Blade. Thanks!

EDIT: Gathering hall closed now.

It's good to see people still playing this in spite of MHG! I was thinking about coming back to it because of my disappointment with that game.

tuffy

EDIT: Yeesh, 5 failed attempts with a full group. Gog is no joke. Anyway I'll try again tomorrow.
Sorry I wasn't able stay around longer to help out but work in the morning cut things short. Gog's an irritating target to gun, so I'll have to think up a better strategy in order to help bring him down.

Eusis

Opened up a room again to play. ID is 63-7503-4188-5781.

EDIT: Closed. Helped some lower rank guys out but... one just was clueless as to the fact h e was way too low and wrecked a quest when a HR 3 guy came in, and wouldn't actually leave. I even kicked him out after the other guy left and he just rejoined. Next time I guess there needs to be some planning and know when people are good to go.

Top Bottom