• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G - Info & Import-Thread - The biggest Monster Hunter ever

What is the lobby system like for online? Is it still 4 people per town? This is my biggest problem with MH.
MH1 had 8 people per town and it was glorious. There was a lot of chilling in the tavern and groups of hunters would take on the same quest to see who made it back to the tavern first. It really helped the social aspect of the game and I miss it dearly.

ooteeni

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere but just got an email from play asia with title
Localized 'Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate' versions are open for Pre-order, release in March!

Not sure how true.

rpmurphy

Heyo, has any of the MH games supported local multiplayer between versions from different regions? I'd like to get this, but if I cannot do local co-op with the NA version when it comes out next year, that's a deal-breaker for me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Heyo, has any of the MH games supported local multiplayer between versions from different regions? I'd like to get this, but if I cannot do local co-op with the NA version when it comes out next year, that's a deal-breaker for me.
Both 3 and 4 don't iirc.

Apparently, Capcom is sending review copies
(my inbox is open!)
and they are planning a February release. (according to some posts I read here on Gaf)

Anyway, I think it's safe to hype the next Nintendo Direct, hopefully there's a New 3DS bundle too!

Only between US and EU.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindo...ate-box-art-and-new-multiplayer-info-revealed

NewGame

Banned
Apparently, Capcom is sending review copies
(my inbox is open!)
and they are planning a February release. (according to some posts I read here on Gaf)

Anyway, I think it's safe to hype the next Nintendo Direct, hopefully there's a New 3DS bundle.

Where abouts are people posting? Did someone say they got a review copy? February release would be fantastic.

NewGame

Banned
I poked the EU DLC server a few days ago and if the planned date for the very first update is any indication, it's within the first week of March. Could be wrong obviously.
Considering the embargo date that I've heard from somebody, the 20th is also plausible tho.

So you're saying the first lot of DLC goes live on the first week of March? Reviewers of MH3U were given access to all the DLC straight away weren't they? This allowed some sneaky people to unlock G-rank Ala before anyone else with a packet tracer and fiddling with the addresses on the WiiU.

I know Capcom released a statement saying the expect to hit 4 million units sold world wide before the end of Q4 2015, can they really expect such a huge surge in sales in such a short time considering Q1 ends April.

Just checking, MH4 is sitting at 4 million at the moment while MH4U/G is sitting at 2.2 million.

NewGame

Banned
It's so close I can taste it.

B6tPvQ8CAAE780S.png

http://www.capcom-unity.com/reno/bl...hunter-4-ultimate-localization-the-sacred-cow

Garou

As the global release comes closer, I just wanted to check back again, I cleared the last regular quest last month and now have the golden "Clear"-badge on every single rank in Solo and Multi. Took me about 160 hours, after clearing everything (and lots of GQ) in roughly 250 hours in MH4.
Also have 3 Lv140 Guildquests and will play those for quite some time now to create the perfect set with some badass LV10 guildquest-weapons. Also there are some event-quests that I haven't touched yet.

A very enjoyable expansion to MH4, although I thought it was kind of strange that there was absolutely nothing new in Low or High-rank, which seemingly gave some people the impression that there wasn't much content for players who previously owned MH4, but I myself am quite satisfied.

Also of Note: I just recently upgraded to the New 3DS, the framerate is indeed better on the n3DS compared to the regular 3DS. No framedrop in the G-quest lobby with 4 players online, and during quests the framerate is also better (about as smooth as MH3G) compared to the old 3DS. Also loading-times are a little bit shorter (most obvious when returning from a quest back to the lobby).

Looking forward to hear impressions of the community once the localisations drop.

This game has a lot of friggin’ stuff to localize. In fact, it has more text than titles such as Dragon’s Dogma and Ace Attorney.
Then tone it down. Everyone benefits, less stuff to localize, and faster localization.

Nobody is going to read all those texts. I have spent about 2000 hours between MH3 and MH3U, and I still don't know why Ceadeus is the final boss.

In fact, now I'm worried about MH4U being too wordy.

Fistwell

4 was pretty fucking wordy. The text being in japanese certainly made it feel worse than it actually was, as I always skipped everything, but I remember having to mash buttons for a loooong fucking while to get through all the shit. What probably made it worse was my choosing "could you please repeat that" over "got it already please let go off of me" quite often, due to not remembering which was which. But maybe it's just me, I recall getting aggravated over the amount of dialogue in Tri and 3U as well so whatever (4 did feel worse in that respect though).

Korigama

Then tone it down. Everyone benefits, less stuff to localize, and faster localization.

Nobody is going to read all those texts. I have spent about 2000 hours between MH3 and MH3U, and I still don't know why Ceadeus is the final boss.

The last time 8-4 did that was with Gunvolt's localization. They and Inti Creates got plenty of complaints for it as well. I'm in no particular rush, but I realize that I'm probably in the minority.

wiibomb

As the global release comes closer, I just wanted to check back again, I cleared the last regular quest last month and now have the golden "Clear"-badge on every single rank in Solo and Multi. Took me about 160 hours, after clearing everything (and lots of GQ) in roughly 250 hours in MH4.
Also have 3 Lv140 Guildquests and will play those for quite some time now to create the perfect set with some badass LV10 guildquest-weapons. Also there are some event-quests that I haven't touched yet.

A very enjoyable expansion to MH4, although I thought it was kind of strange that there was absolutely nothing new in Low or High-rank, which seemingly gave some people the impression that there wasn't much content for players who previously owned MH4, but I myself am quite satisfied.

Also of Note: I just recently upgraded to the New 3DS, the framerate is indeed better on the n3DS compared to the regular 3DS. No framedrop in the G-quest lobby with 4 players online, and during quests the framerate is also better (about as smooth as MH3G) compared to the old 3DS. Also loading-times are a little bit shorter (most obvious when returning from a quest back to the lobby).

Looking forward to hear impressions of the community once the localisations drop.

thanks for the confirmation, it kinda bothered me that there was a framedrop while in an online quest, now to buy that New 3DS!! just when nintendo???!!! :(

This is FANTASTIC news

Thanks for looking into it man. Purchase was already justified but you are just making it easier

Mupod

I'm one of those weirdos who really likes item/equipment descriptions, I read everything. There's some very interesting stuff in there, the Artian set for example. I definitely feel like these things have actually gotten much more detailed since Tri.

I get where people are coming from though - I never understood how much text was in these games until Oichi said it had more than Ace Attorney games. But quite a few MH fans will happily play a game in a language they don't understand, or be perfectly okay with a rough translation patch that only does basic item names. So it sucks when entire games get skipped over, but if I had to choose between MH4 and MH4U I'd obviously rather have the game with G-Rank. And if it really is coming in february/early march then that wasn't too long of a wait.

Huh, before all I'd heard in terms of N3DS improvements were faster loadtimes. Hopefully those systems are out in time for MH4U - I don't think my eyes could survive this game if I have to play it on my old small 3DS.

I really do know very little about this game - it's not like 3U where I was basically an expert on everything going in. I know there's a lot of returning 2nd gen monsters but based on past 'revamps' I expect my knowledge of those monsters to be very outdated. In a good way. I'll still do my best to help out new players in the OT.

Garou

Huh, before all I'd heard in terms of N3DS improvements were faster loadtimes. Hopefully those systems are out in time for MH4U - I don't think my eyes could survive this game if I have to play it on my old small 3DS.

I spent accumulated 350+ hours in MH4 and 4G on the regular 3DS XL, the slightly smoother framerate was instantly noticeable. You can kind of compare it to going from MH3G on Wii U to the 3DS-version (although not as drastic).

Man...I was going to be holding off on upgrading to the new 3DS...my L button on my OG unit has been spotty for a year or so. The CPP corrected that, and I was hoping to do it again for this iteration.

Hearing about smoother frame rates though...MH is honestly the only reason why I have a 3DS still...(and little bit of Smash..but that's only to fill the time until MH), and I highly doubt I could live with those frame drops knowing a smoother version is available. I am very accepting of lower frame rates, and it never bothers me in almost every single game...but knowing there's a "better" version of MH I could be playing....I'm updating to the New 3DS asap.

Thanks all for your impressions on the two consoles...I'm holding out for just a little bit to hear the American Difference, but my mind is pretty much entirely made up.

just checked and its out of stock.. WTF???

The hype is real.. and I'm totally happy with that :D

It seems to be back in stock? Who knows for how long. ^_^ I went ahead and ordered it. Now I just need to decide if I should stick with my OG 3DS or upgrade to the XL or the n3DS when it inevitably releases.

If I wasn't sitting pretty with my Collector's edition order, I'd probably be all over this one.

I still need to order a CPP for my XL. I think I'm going to wait until I get a release date before I order that. I know it's likely to come out in early spring, but it's still anxious suffering waiting for that release date. I'm trying to use this time to finish off a couple backlog things because if all goes well, this will be a staple part of my gaming life soon.

daammyy

How bad is it to play with such a small screen? Do you get used to it ? Feels like this game would be so much better on a Wii U. Really want to play but the screen looks so small.
I've seen some modded 3DS that can output video to a pc monitor but the price tag is like aying for 2 consoles..

wiibomb

How bad is it to play with such a small screen? Do you get used to it ? Feels like this game would be so much better on a Wii U. Really want to play but the screen looks so small.
I've seen some modded 3DS that can output video to a pc monitor but the price tag is like aying for 2 consoles..

on a original 3DS is kinda hard, but on a 3DS XL is totally perfect

Can't wait to play this. Makes me wanna go back to MH3U, but I'm gonna be strong and contain my hype so I don't get burnt out by the time the game is out. I will most likely go digital, someone told me it is easy to transfer data between the 3DS and n3DS. It makes sense to me having this game on my console at all times.

That's the one thing that sucks about me getting the collectors edition, I feel like this is one of those games were having it digitally and always available is the smarter way to go. If I do wind up addicted to it, I may later decide to pick it up if I manage to catch it on sale, though being a digital game, that may be awhile.

That's the one thing that sucks about me getting the collectors edition, I feel like this is one of those games were having it digitally and always available is the smarter way to go. If I do wind up addicted to it, I may later decide to pick it up if I manage to catch it on sale, though being a digital game, that may be awhile.

I think MH3U is still the same price as it was when it launched, not sure if it has ever gone on sale or not... I would do the exact same, but since Canada isn't getting the LE digital it is for me aha.

NewGame

Banned
I think MH3U is still the same price as it was when it launched, not sure if it has ever gone on sale or not... I would do the exact same, but since Canada isn't getting the LE digital it is for me aha.

In Australia it's 40% off. About $34.99 from $69.99 on the eshop both WiiU and 3DS.

Also they had a "buy one get one free" promo a few months after launch.

Oh damn that $30 is actually pretty damn tempting.

And I really want to wait for another buy 1 get 40% off at Best Buy though so I can buy it along with Majora. Hngggggg the choices.

wiibomb

Oh damn that $30 is actually pretty damn tempting.

And I really want to wait for another buy 1 get 40% off at Best Buy though so I can buy it along with Majora. Hngggggg the choices.

do you even know if that will happen soon? don't miss this chance, doesn't come often, and even if that sale from BB comes, you can always cancel the preorder from amazon

Ah, well a bigger problem is that I don't know if I want a N3DS yet. Sounds to me unless you get it you're missing out on a more optimal experience.

Syril

It was half off when I got it about a year ago, and I've seen it on sale at least three more times since then.

Already mentioned but Ryozo's EU tour is giving out the Demo

OMG you guys are getting SO MUCH MH love right now

Sooooooo Jealous

I see they get the superior cover like in Japan

mhg.jpg

They get

- New 3DS early

- Community events

- MH4U Demo early

HOw much you want to be our overseas bros get the game and a sweet ass New 3DS bundle early tooo

What about the States Ryozo??? I am sad

Top Bottom