• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G - Info & Import-Thread - The biggest Monster Hunter ever

Garou

Dh8hTsk.jpg

Official site

Q: When, Where, How Much?
A: Monster Hunter 4G will release in Japan on Nintendo 3DS on October 11 (Saturday) 2014. Official pricing is 6,264 Yen for retail and 5,990 Yen for the Download-edition (both incl. tax). The download-edition will need 2,667MB (21,330 blocks) space on the SD-card and will go live sometime before noon on Saturday (no midnight-release).

Q: Any Special Editions?
A: There will be a Special Edition of the New Nintendo 3DS LL bundled with a retail copy of MH4G for 27,648 Yen. Also there are some Limited Editions on the e-CAPCOM-store that will bundle the game with some figures and/or figure-straps. Amazon.co.jp has their own bundles with either their own set of figures or 3DS LL decorations-sets.
2GtfNXv.jpg

Q: Any deals?
A: If you live in Japan, Amazon.co.jp seems to be the cheapest online-shop as of now, with the retail-game at 5,118 Yen and they also sell codes for the download-edition for 5,391 Yen.
Outside of Japan shops like Nippon-Yasan, Play-Asia and YesAsia are usually your best bet, or using a forwarding-service like Tenso. Of course MH4G will also be available on the eShop.

Q: What’s the difference between 4 and 4G?
A: 4G expands on the original 4 with more story, more monsters, more gear, more stages, some new item-mechanics and of course a huge amount of G-rank quests in addition to the Low- and High-Rank ones from 4. In addition to the 51 monsters of MH4 we have the new cover-monster Seruregios, 7 brand-new subspecies and 7 returning monsters from previous games officially confirmed as of now, making this the biggest Monster Hunter ever, and there is even more to be found in the final game.

Q: What are some of the new mechanics and features?
A: New moves for Heavy Bowgun, Dual Blades and Charge Axe. Two new trends for Felynes. New multiplayer-options like unique codes for lobbys to share online so people can directly join, being able to kick other players as lobby-host, auto-chat that you can set to display if you do certain actions like setting a trap/barrel, etc. There is a new permanent item that you can use to buff yourself against monsters that are virus-infected. Other new items like one-time earplug drinks, hot-steam bombs that can cure negative status and others. New Episode-Quests, that will bring back characters like ChaCha & Kayamba and others from previous games.

Q: If I have MH4, can I import my save?
A: Yes, you can! The details have been revealed here. Basically everything (Gear, Items, Story-progression, charms, etc.) from 4 will be transferred, except the following: Guild Quests, Event Quests, Challenge Quests, the contents of your mailbox, the content of page 3 of your guild card and some settings like the order of your item-crafting list and multiplayer-quickchat. You even get a one-time chance to change the gender and appearance of your hunter in the import-process. Also, true armor-sphere upgrades will be reset and refunded.
Caution
According to the site you need to take special care if 1) You are planning to import your MH4-save + 2) You are planning to do a system-transfer to a different/new 3DS + 3) You are going to get the download-edition of MH4G. It is strongly advised to buy from the eShop/redeem you download-code for MH4G AFTER you have done your system-transfer, otherwise there might be problems importing your MH4-save. It is not known at this time if this is just cautionary or if there is some sort of bug involved.

Q: So I need to craft those Event-Quest items now before moving to MH4G?
A: The FAQ says that they plan to re-offer the MH4-DLC again for MH4G, although it is not clear if that will include every single one of them.

Q: Can I mix retail/download saves from MH4 with retail/download-editions of MH4G?
A: Yes, all combinations are possible. Your MH4-save will stay usable and you can import your save as many times as you like into MH4G (although the import-process will always completely overwrite your whole MH4G-save for all characters, so be careful).

Q: The New 3DS releases on the same day as MH4G and I'm buying both, is there something I need to know regarding the system-transfer process?
A: Nintendo has an extensive FAQ, have a look at it. System-transfer is an option in the system-settings. Both systems need to be present and connected to WiFi. The tricky part will most likely be to get your data from the SD-card in your 3DS, to the microSD-card in your New 3DS. Nintendo offers several options:
a) Transfer all data wireless between systems (4GB take around 2 hours)
b) Transfer only licenses and savedata wireless between systems, then re-download games from the eShop (recommended if your microSD is smaller than your original SD)
c) Use a PC to copy the contents from your SD-card to the microSD-card.
d) If you already use a microSD-card with an SD-adapter inside your 3DS, you can use the microSD as is.

Q: Will this release outside Japan?
A: Yes, the international edition Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will release sometime in the first quarter of 2015.

Q: There is no Wii U-version this time?
A: As of now there is no Wii U-version announced. Keep in mind that in the case of MH3G there was a whole year between the release of the 3DS and Wii U-versions in Japan, so it is too early to completely rule out a Wii U-version.

Q: What are the collaborations with other games this time?
A:

Q: Show me some videos!
A: That’s not a question! Anyway here is the latest promotion-video and the opening-cinematic. You can also watch this 53 minute-video from TGS showing lots of the new stuff and monsters.
See the Monster Hunter 4G Nintendo Direct here

Happy Hunting!

3Ugqyp7.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Can't wait!
Thanks for the heads up regarding the amazon download code - it wasn't there when I last checked a week or two ago.
I guess I'll cancel the special MH4G n3DS LL that I have preorder at my local store and get the download game + a normal nLL.

Garou

so, is this the new OT?

if so, should we start a new list for friend codes?

I was hesitant to call this an OT, since it is nowhere near the effort/quality of others, I just noticed a lack of threads for the recently revealed news and wanted to create a space to talk about the game. :)
If this ends up being used as an OT and you want to create a friendlist, I can of course include the link in the OP.

Nemecyst

A: As of now there is no Wii U-version announced. Keep in mind that in the case of MH3G there was a whole year between the release of the 3DS and Wii U-versions in Japan, so it is too early to completely rule out a Wii U-version.

Does that mean there's still hope?

Garou

Does that mean there's still hope?

I say keep your hope up until the end of 2015, if by then nothing is released, it won't happen. But even if it happens, don't expect an announcement until after the international versions are out.

Vuze

Can't wait!
I will simply pretend to play 4G while I wait for my retail version to arrive ;-;
Was hoping to get it on the 12th but just recently realized that it's a sunday. Oh well

I'm hype. That collector's edition looks sexy. Too bad it's sold out on Amazon. :(

Edit: Wrong game, still hype for this though.

Zornica

Banned
Can't wait!
I will simply pretend to play 4G while I wait for my retail version to arrive ;-;
Was hoping to get it on the 12th but just recently realized that it's a sunday. Oh well

is there actually an import/export-store that ships pre-orders in time? Or am I missing something here?

I also finally pre-ordered the game... 6 days left :7

Yup, preordered it quite a while ago, excited to go back.
In hindsight, I haven't played MH4 that much, despite loving it :( It's a bit of a shame really, but MH4G is the perfect reason to go back to monster slaying.

Garou

Biggest? How many monsters was in MHFU?

According to Wiki, MHFU had 58 monsters, MH4G will be 66+.

Wait, new HBG and DS moves? Where can I read about them?

HBG: http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/4G/action/action_04.html?last=0&id=12&cat=4
Basically the Dragon-bullet gets it's own extra-slot and can be used while having other bullets loaded.

DS: http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/4G/action/action_03.html?last=0&id=13&cat=4
A new combo while in Demon-mode.

mrback

So, I've never really played monster hunter but would like to start. What's the best way to plunge in? I'm getting a Japanese 3ds & this will probably be my first purchase.

Peru

Is it true that playing this game on New 3DS gives graphical improvements?

Probably not. Some claim faster loading times.

So, I've never really played monster hunter but would like to start. What's the best way to plunge in? I'm getting a Japanese 3ds & this will probably be my first purchase.

This game is the best way to plunge in. Hopefully you speak Japanese, though. If you want some prep check out weapon tutorials on youtube. A lot of people like this beginner's tutorial, for 3U but mostly holds up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6iYOHaGGKk

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is it true that playing this game on New 3DS gives graphical improvements?
I've played it during TGS and it looked the same. Didn't notice much difference in loading times, but maybe I was just too excited to be able to play 4G on a new 3DS.

Kurod

Banned
Will it support the CPP or will we be be forced to either buy a *new* 3DS or deal with the virtual d-pad?

Vuze

is there actually an import/export-store that ships pre-orders in time? Or am I missing something here?

I also finally pre-ordered the game... 6 days left :7

Nin Nin Game always shipped my pre-orders one day before release so far. knock on wood

Going to be the best game in the series

Easily a 500+ hour game for me instantly

The wait is already proving to be brutal

Man God

Non-Canon Member
New multiplayer-options like unique codes for lobbys to share online so people can directly join, being able to kick other players as lobby-host, auto-chat that you can set to display if you do certain actions like setting a trap/barrel, etc.

Sounds so amazing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm actually secretly hoping that Cha-Cha and Kayamba are in the game...

To be completely honest, I love them both more than I do any felynes.

Me too but unfortunately it's cats again. Cha-Cha and Kayamba are in some sort of event missions or something but it's just not the same.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I was hesitant to call this an OT, since it is nowhere near the effort/quality of others, I just noticed a lack of threads for the recently revealed news and wanted to create a space to talk about the game. :)
If this ends up being used as an OT and you want to create a friendlist, I can of course include the link in the OP.

if no one claimed an OT you might as well ask a mod to brand this one as it.

am sure the monhunGAF would be more than happy to help with graphics and info.

Top Bottom