• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G - Info & Import-Thread - The biggest Monster Hunter ever

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
OP you should verify that the people in the original MH4 OT are going to pick up 4G. All of their friend codes are listed in the first post. I will for sure be rocking 4G this weekend, along with the new 3DS :D

Peru

So water sections are gone right? They're the soul reason I stopped playing 3 Ultimate

Unfortunately, yes. Diving into oceans and rivers was part of the feeling of freedom in MH3.

If you do a dodge roll and then press A in front of a wall you can climb up it even with your weapon drawn. This is insanely powerful as you can essentially do a parkour like attack (hit A after clinging to the wall to jump off then you can attack). Try this out!

This is pretty sweet.

Garou

if no one claimed an OT you might as well ask a mod to brand this one as it.

am sure the monhunGAF would be more than happy to help with graphics and info.

HeavenSmiley is already doing the OP for MH4U when it releases next year, so I talked to him and decided that a non-OT Import-thread is the better choice, since he will make a proper OT for non-Japanese speaking people and bigger in scope, as it will cover the contents from MH4 as well. I am sure he will be happy if some people help him out.
This thread is rather cryptic if you haven't played MH4 or MH in general, so the audience will be rather small I guess.

OP you should verify that the people in the original MH4 OT are going to pick up 4G. All of their friend codes are listed in the first post. I will for sure be rocking 4G this weekend, along with the new 3DS :D

I am not sure, won't Lobby-Codes be more viable than Friend-Codes? I think we need to see how they reworked the interface, Lobby-Codes are imo better for pick-up-play, which should be better for new players in the long run since the community won't shut itself off after a while. What do you think?

The Hermit

Mhu3 was the first monhun game I've played and man its sooo deep.

160hrs in and I just found out abot the charm tables.

I hope there will be a WiiU version, I have both versions of MH3 and and I can't play the 3Ds version anymore after owning the console version.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Finally somebody made a Monster Hunter 4G topic!

The US only had to wait 3 months after Japan to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate so I'm hoping this is also true next year for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

wiibomb

How friendly is MH4 for someone who's Japanese level is low? I'm willing to use guides if necessary.

its quite friendly to be honest, I know very little japanese (well, just chinese characters since I studied chinese) and I can say that if you played other MonHun games and knowthe basics and how the items are "arranged" by color and icon then you should have not much problems

Finally somebody made a Monster Hunter 4G topic!

The US only had to wait 3 months after Japan to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate so I'm hoping this is also true next year for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Monster Hunter 3G (3DS): December 10th 2011 in Japan
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS): March 19th 2013 in America
= 15 months

mrback

So has a look on play Asia to order this & it's £47!!! Anywhere else any cheaper?

Or maybe it's best to get digital?

Zenaku

So has a look on play Asia to order this & it's £47!!! Anywhere else any cheaper?

Or maybe it's best to get digital?

About £34 or so for digital, and Nintendo have been putting up games 2 hours early lately, so you could potentially download from 2PM Friday. Not sure if 4G would go up early or not though, since the vanilla version had that countdown event...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
About £34 or so for digital, and Nintendo have been putting up games 2 hours early lately, so you could potentially download from 2PM Friday. Not sure if 4G would go up early or not though, since the vanilla version had that countdown event...
Nintendo does that only for 1st party games iirc. 3rd party titles are digitally released around 9-10 am on the release day.

Zenaku

Nintendo does that only for 1st party games iirc. 3rd party titles are digitally released around 9-10 am on the release day.

Nope. While I've only seen (recent) 1st party games go up on the eShop 2 hours early (10PM Japan time, 2PM GMT) I can confirm that 3rd party games can go up at midnight Japan time (4PM GMT). The eShop news only updates between 9-10am, but the games can still be available for purchase from their eShop pages regardless.

I've checked my eShop transaction history, and Senran Kagura 2 and SoniPro were both available at midnight.

MH4 appears to have been 8AM Japan time (about midnight GMT) because of the launch event, so I remembered wrong there.

Pila

It's gonna be the end of my life. Can't wait for the direct tomorrow, not gonna import the game, fuck you region lock. ><

I hope to see the game soon in Europe and I do hope to see a Wii U port. Here I am, waiting for a chance to buy your stupid game twice. Got the message, Capcom?

Unbearable hype.

Shurayuki

Oh god, of course I totally forgot about the stream. Started it and first thing is Gottsuan, I'm a miserable pile of fanboyism now...
Can't think or speak now...
Nintendo needs to stop MoMusume girls I just can't anymore, just can not.

Seriously it's coming in like 2 days and we don't have a proper thread, nobody reserved an OT? So do we commandeer this?

I want to import to play with all of you again... but I also want to get the PAL release. ;_;

29260446iobls.jpg

1284187586130tsyaj.gif

I preordered a new 3DS but I don't think it'll arrive before this game is out. Also enjoying Smash, so I don't need another game right now, but boy is this tempting. :(

Zornica

Banned
no problem, I ordered a retail copy from amazon, I even used up my free trial for amazon prime to make sure it gets here in time (on saturday).

with Monday being a holiday and with having no classes on Tuesday, I should be good to go for 3 days straight.

Shurayuki

no problem, I ordered a retail copy from amazon, I even used up my free trial for amazon prime to make sure it gets here in time (on saturday).

with Monday being a holiday and with having no classes on Tuesday, I should be good to go for 3 days straight.

No sleep, 72 hours straight hunting, gogogo.

Since we can transfer saves from MH4, will people start over or kinda jump into G rank straight away? (assuming that's how it works).

Vuze

Seems like there are plenty of early copies out already. Some news:

- Narga mail got nerfed. +1 handicraft instead of +2 now :(
- New monster state &#26997;&#38480;&#29366;&#24907; (extreme state)
- Hermitaur X has a new skill: &#31680;&#39135; (Diet)

Fistwell

Why do I keep forgetting to preorder this fucking game whyyyyyyyyyyy? (then again, got a pretty big deadline next week and tons of work but still why me no peorder!!???)

Tenbatsu

Seems like there are plenty of early copies out already. Some news:

- New monster state &#26997;&#38480;&#29366;&#24907; (extreme state)
- Hermitaur X has a new skill: &#31680;&#39135; (Diet)

There goes my end game mixed armor set... :(

Zornica

Banned
[...]

[...]
S4uUm.gif

what am I supposed to do now?
If narga is gone there would be no evasion sets left :7
on the other hand my char would stop looking like a tramp as I'm forced to use something else...

Ohhhh Man

Now that its out early the media is starting to flood in once again.

Trying to decide if i should black out so I can have a few surprises left

So PlayAsia said that they expect to ship out my order, which contains the MH4G New Nintendo 3DS bundle and a charging cradle, by the 11th at the latest as they said the Bundle sets should be arriving to them on the 10th (tonight) and the charging stands for the new 3DS systems should be in by tomorrow (the 11th). Here's hoping the cradles come in sooner than expected so that the order may ship tonight (I can dream, can't I?) since my deliveries are always with 24-36 hours of being dispatched. But even looking at that time frame, the delivery is looking to be Monday since FedEx doesn't deliver on weekends (rather PA never chooses that option for them to do a Saturday delivery)

Vuze

So PlayAsia said that they expect to ship out my order, which contains the MH4G New Nintendo 3DS bundle and a charging cradle, by the 11th at the latest as they said the Bundle sets should be arriving to them on the 10th (tonight) and the charging stands for the new 3DS systems should be in by tomorrow (the 11th). Here's hoping the cradles come in sooner than expected so that the order may ship tonight (I can dream, can't I?) since my deliveries are always with 24-36 hours of being dispatched. But even looking at that time frame, the delivery is looking to be Monday since FedEx doesn't deliver on weekends (rather PA never chooses that option for them to do a Saturday delivery)

Yeah same for me. NNG told me they'll ship the first batch one day prior to release (I ordered within 15mins after they put the preorders up so I should be fine), expecting it monday/tuesday as well.

also

Banned
You guys gotta post pics and impressions so i can drool some more

Speaking of pics, does the game support Miiverse screenshots?
Never understood why 3 Ultimate didn't. It's the perfect game for showing off your accomplishments (and sense of fashion).

Kysen

How do you guys deal with swapping to a new weapon? Do you farm the alt gear set using your main weapon or start from scratch working up?

For example going from swordmaster to gunner.
I went with lance at mh4 launch, got pretty far and wanted to try out a bow. I followed a guide and got an insane bow set but playing it is painful as I have no idea what I am doing. Getting 1 shot when hit and doing low damage.

On an unrelated note, I abandoned 3G on wiiu that whole gathering mats for the village mechanic sucked. Combat obviously was a huge step down from mh4.

How do you guys deal with swapping to a new weapon? Do you farm the alt gear set using your main weapon or start from scratch working up?

For example going from swordmaster to gunner.
I went with lance at mh4 launch, got pretty far and wanted to try out a bow. I followed a guide and got an insane bow set but playing it is painful as I have no idea what I am doing. Getting 1 shot when hit and doing low damage.

On an unrelated note, I abandoned 3G on wiiu that whole gathering mats for the village mechanic sucked. Combat obviously was a huge step down from mh4.

Oh man great question!

Taking me back a bit! Each weapon is almost like playing a new game entirely.

I would say do the Training Missions (arenas with prebuilt equipment). Its great, quick worry free practice and it one of the tools I have ever used to learn how to be effective with weapons

From there its should give you a nice jumping point and good ideas on what equipment to focus on.

After that you might even wanna hit up youtube weapon tutorials and showcases. There is a lot of stuff you could learn on your own from experimentation of course but if you want to fast track it it helps to be reminded of all the little details and intricacies that the weapons have.

guys the info is already coming out since the game is leaked...

wanna see an infected rajang? https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OfO3diuGyo4

its called "extreme state" and it seems like a new virus that affects new monsters (rajang couldn't be affected before)

Scary!

This might be the Biggest and most challenging game in the series!

What I really want to know is the nitty gritty small details. Such as game mechanics rebalancing and tweaking.

Mostly with regards to the abuseable mounting system

wiibomb

Scary!

This might be the Biggest and most challenging game in the series!

What I really want to know is the nitty gritty small details. Such as game mechanics rebalancing and tweaking.

Mostly with regards to the abuseable mounting system

until now what I know is that the narga set was nerfed, that set coul be too OP if mixed with other sets..

that's what most people are saying, but I do not know what it did had

Shurayuki

Ok ok bought an online code from amazon, now to wait for nintendo to put up the game...

i'll start fresh. from zero to hero!

Well did you have 4? I dunno, it takes so long to get through the questline. Would love to go through it with a new weapon but I always end up using the fastest in the end.
And let's be honest, that will be the staff again, staff rules <3

Should learn the lance and gunning one day, lance is just crazy imba with strong attacks, blocking, counter AND jumping attacks. And gunning is still completely broken in multiplayer (and will forever be, not a lot they can do about it really).

Hedge

So any news on how - or if - the insect glaive was re-balanced?

Also is the Kelbi bow still existing in this iteration?

Can't wait for this gameeeeee!

Top Bottom