• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G - Info & Import-Thread - The biggest Monster Hunter ever

Zenaku

How do you guys deal with swapping to a new weapon? Do you farm the alt gear set using your main weapon or start from scratch working up?

For example going from swordmaster to gunner.
I went with lance at mh4 launch, got pretty far and wanted to try out a bow. I followed a guide and got an insane bow set but playing it is painful as I have no idea what I am doing. Getting 1 shot when hit and doing low damage.

On an unrelated note, I abandoned 3G on wiiu that whole gathering mats for the village mechanic sucked. Combat obviously was a huge step down from mh4.

I've had this problem. Going back to early quests to start from scratch is a pain, but then using materials you've already gotten to create a powerful weapon from the get go just doesn't feel right, especially if you have no real experience with the weapon.

A few weeks back I created a new file and fought Dosjaggi and Alseltas with each of the starting weapons, and it really opened my eyes, especially with weapons I'd never bothered to use before, like the hunting horn.

While I doubt I'll do each quest with every weapon, I've decided that I'll do each quest at least twice, once with a bow and once with a random weapon. If I need to fight a monster more than twice for weapon or armour materials, I'll use another weapon I haven't used against it. Other than bows (my main) all other weapons should get equal use, and hopefully I'll end up decent at all weapons. Hopefully...

I need to remember how to play, it's been some time since I last played. :p

Despite around 100 hours of my 200 hour playtime being with the charge axe, and despite having used it a couple of weeks ago when trying out different weapons, I tried it today and completely forgot how to charge it, switch from sns to axe, etc.

I felt so stupid. =[

The main site's updated with info on how G Rank quests are unlocked (i.e. which monster you have to hunt to access G rank quests).

roknin

Hnnnnnnnng how much longer must I waiiiiit

One of those times I really, really wish I had a JPN 3ds. :-/

Freedom Unite:
# Small Monsters: 23
# Large Monsters: 58
# Total Monsters: 81

4G/U, as we know it
# Small Monsters: 23
# Large Monsters: 69
# Total Monsters: 92

Jesus jimmity cricket o_O

Vuze

So, the final online boss
ゴグマジオス (Gogmazios) apparently doesn't even have a dedicated area. Sort of a letdown imo

pic (spoilers obviously)

E: Wee, my copy just has been shipped~

chadi

Just bought my code from Amazon. Does anyone know what time it will be up for download? It wasn't specified in the FAQs section. :)

Chuckpebble

Zornica

Banned
only 2 hours till Christmas!

Very important info regarding the data transfer (from the official website, noticed by Gaijin Hunter):
Move 3DS data to new 3DS BEFORE you download MH4G, otherwise no save data transfer for you.

now I'm kinda confused... I'm going from digital 4 to retail 4g, but I'm not getting a new 3ds (yet). I guess, I'm not affected, right?

guys the info is already coming out since the game is leaked...

wanna see an infected rajang? https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OfO3diuGyo4

its called "extreme state" and it seems like a new virus that affects new monsters (rajang couldn't be affected before)

SpwsI.gif

Anura

I only have a two GB card. Is it possible to delete the old MH but keep the save to transfer? I sure hope so...

Garou

only 2 hours till Christmas!
now I'm kinda confused... I'm going from digital 4 to retail 4g, but I'm not getting a new 3ds (yet). I guess, I'm not affected, right?

Except nothing will happen in 2 hours :( Wait another 9 hours or so.

If you are retail 4G, then this doesn't concern you.

Vuze

I only have a two GB card. Is it possible to delete the old MH but keep the save to transfer? I sure hope so...
Yeah, that's possible but I don't know if 4G requires you to have the game installed on the SD. Anyway, 4G is >2GB in size so I assume you will get the retail version?

Shurayuki

Yeah we need more details on what versions you are dealing with here Anura :D

On the official page that was linked, if you click on 組み合わせと必要なもの there is a table with the (micro)SD card requirements.

You need to have the MH4 d/l version installed if you want to convert the save from it.

chadi

Just freed up 23,938 blocks with MH4 still installed by deleting tons of demos. That should be enough I guess. ^^;

Zornica

Banned
is there any way to preserve my vanilla 4 save file? like If I would want to go back to my narga armor for some reason...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
is there any way to preserve my vanilla 4 save file? like If I would want to go back to my narga armor for some reason...
Your 4 save doesn't get deleted after the transfer. You can also transfer as many times you want, but each transfer will overwrite all 3 save files in 4G. (source)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I'm still salty the game doesn't have my favorite large monster to fight from 3U, Agnaktor. Does the game have any fights that feel similar?

Shurayuki

Countdown event has started.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/cptv/

52 minutes before MH4G goes on sale at Tsutaya. Hopefully the download version will be available then.

Thank god even YT streams can be unblocked, flipping German YT is the worst.

ワクワクワクワクx7

My download code is already punched in, it just needs to unlock. See you on the other side gu~ys

(They say Gocchin will be there again, need more Maki <3)

wiibomb

there are charm tables on this as well, but unlike MH3U they are not set forever, before every quest you get in a table and each time you go to a quest you get on one.

wiibomb

So, there are online-only monsters in this like with Tri then?

no, this is exactly like how MH3U was, ypu can do everything alone, but also have the option to do it online with other people.

there are of course download quests that come over the next months, but once you download them, they are yours forever

Vuze

So, there are online-only monsters in this like with Tri then?
Nay. You can access everything in offline mode but yes, certain monsters are exclusive to the multiplayer area. You will not lose access to any content when the severs get shut down if that's what you're concerned about.

Also, enjoy your eShop version folks!

Korigama

no, this is exactly like how MH3U was, ypu can do everything alone, but also have the option to do it online with other people.

there are of course download quests that come over the next months, but once you download them, they are yours forever

Nay. You can access everything in offline mode but yes, certain monsters are exclusive to the multiplayer area. You will not lose access to any content when the severs get shut down if that's what you're concerned about.

Also, enjoy your eShop version folks!
Ah, okay (and indeed, potentially getting locked out of things was one concern I had). Thanks, sounds good.

Vuze

Nice nice. Do we know if it supports sharing screenshots to twitter like Animal Crossing etc? I don't really use MiiVerse at all lol

Hedge

I only have a 4g card, and to make room for this I'd have to delete two games. Can you transfer games from one SD card to a bigger one so I could keep them all in one place?

Either way, am looking forward to seeing the tweaks and rebalances.

Top Bottom