• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G - Info & Import-Thread - The biggest Monster Hunter ever

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm going to miss underwater combat... except Lagi in the damned jungle. That just sucks too hard.

Besides that? I'm excited to get into a game at the beginning.

Shurayuki

70% or so :(
At least the download didn't corrupt itself yet, so yay. 1AM but feels like morning with all the exciting things going on.

I begrudge that that looks pretty cool

It's a fun fight but imho he's not even nearly as dangerous as Agnaktor, so the fight feels less epic.
Think it was the first fight of the snow zone and like Lagombi quickly becomes a punching bag.

I only have a 4g card, and to make room for this I'd have to delete two games. Can you transfer games from one SD card to a bigger one so I could keep them all in one place?

Either way, am looking forward to seeing the tweaks and rebalances.

3DS data on the card behaves just like normal data. You can back it up to your PC without doing anything special and then copy it over to other cards.

I'm going to miss underwater combat... except Lagi in the damned jungle. That just sucks too hard.

Besides that? I'm excited to get into a game at the beginning.

The one area (5?) on the right with the invisible wall in the water was fucking hell, so hard to tell how far you could evade and Lagi with it's charging attacks...urg
Also cramped as fuck and I always got pushed out of the zone by near-miss currents.

Hedge

3DS data on the card behaves just like normal data. You can back it up to your PC without doing anything special and then copy it over to other cards.
Wait you can do that? How does that prevent people from copying games, then?
Anyway thanks, that'll help. :)

Shurayuki

Ah Nintendo eShop page says you get 2x points for the download version, neato.

The files themselves are encrypted so they only work on the 3DS they were created on, but they still behave like any other file on a pc.

Zenaku

Yeah, all 3DS games get double the points. Not as useful now ranks are gone, but oh well.

Download is done. =]

wiibomb

because its encrypted so only ypur 3DS can read that data, no other 3DS can read it.

saves on the other hand can be cloned and do time machine tricks on your 3DS (all games EXCEPT pokemon an animal crossing, those only recognise the las save made)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sigh, got 60(?)% in about 40 minutes. Guess everyone are downloading now.
Oh well, I'll probably have to wait in line for the new 3ds anyway, so.

Shurayuki

Sigh, got 60(?)% in about 40 minutes. Guess everyone are downloading now.
Oh well, I'll probably have to wait in line for the new 3ds anyway, so.

They really need to implement preloading.
The faster download speed of the n3DS is a great step forwards but still, especially for future handhelds (&consoles) and ever increasing filesizes, having to download at the same time as every single person in Japan is not optimal.

IM SO HAPPY T___T https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFgv8bKfxEs

zlCfzSh5e4w3CF_y4B

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAADaVChzLT8hVg

zlCfzSh4eLUeq17SG1

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAADhVCcMUM-1wQ

chadi

How I wish I have a New 3DS now so I could take screenshots like crazy. Anyway, enjoy the game everyone! Just finished with the data conversion. :D

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
got mine up and running now to finish those other armor sets i wanted to. thats if this damned cold doesnt kill me first &#931;(&#12494;&#1076;<)

need to order a good case too old LL case seems too small so it pushes down on the top buttons. along with the new slidepad? have not checked if they made one for the new 3ds tho.

Hedge

Ah Nintendo eShop page says you get 2x points for the download version, neato.

The files themselves are encrypted so they only work on the 3DS they were created on, but they still behave like any other file on a pc.

because its encrypted so only ypur 3DS can read that data, no other 3DS can read it.

saves on the other hand can be cloned and do time machine tricks on your 3DS (all games EXCEPT pokemon an animal crossing, those only recognise the las save made)

Ooh right thank you very much! :)

Shurayuki

I went to sleep so didn't have any time to really do anything, not even the G rank urgency quest :(

Guess I'll jump in after practicing guitar for a bit and see what I can get done, guess in ~2h I might have G rank and stuff, hope it doesn't eat my face.

(Also I forgot how to play the game for the 4th time, and getting a circle pad didn't help matters. so uhm, maybe we should play a few low rank hunt hahaha :( )

Garou

OK, so I did a full battery-charge with MH4G.

Impressions:
- Anything that was there in MH4 is exactly the same.
- The game plays also exactly the same, the same smoothness, the same loading-times, the same menu-options, except those few changes in multiplayer
- Multiplayer lobby-search still is kinda bad, if you try to enter a lobby that happens to be full all your search-options STILL reset. Damnit Capcom!
- Now I know why true armor-spheres were reset and refunded, if you previously could use 10+ spheres on a single part, now you can only use 2, and then the next level requires all new spheres only found in G-rank. So you will need a lot of new armor-spheres to even get to the same armor-level as you were in MH4. So don't hesitate to use your true spheres again after you imported your save.
- The quest to reach G-rank was nice, I hadn't fought that monster before since I started with 3G
- G rank is refreshingly hard, but not too brutal for now
- The new city is beautiful

I will post a lobby-code later if someone is up for going into the first G-rank quests.

Parakeetman

man i like the new 3ds but not this tacky foil looking LE new 3ds LL the design is just bad compared to my awesome &#12450;&#12452;&#12523;&#12507;&#12527;&#12452;&#12488; edition (&#12494;-_-)&#12494;~&#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

they should have gone with a standard shell since this shit is gonna get scratched up good no doubt...

Garou

OK, let's try the new lobby-code function. I am waiting in this lobby: 65-0343-9524-6274 - PW is 1212.

Edit: Waited 20 mins, nobody came, too bad. Maybe next time!

Garou

And just like that the whole party dropped, including a network-error message. Seems the servers are still struggling.
Great hunts, especially the Seruregios-fight was great and it helped that I did lots of Rathalos yesterday.
Also, the Aruserutasu-fight that ended after 1:30 was brutal!

Parakeetman

zazami info nothing major.

dear god the zazami is all bullshit fast now lol cool that they changed its moves up a bit. the part i laughed at is how now it moves backwards quickly after spitting water.

Top Bottom