• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G - Info & Import-Thread - The biggest Monster Hunter ever

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
/\ I bet it's related to Deviljho.

i still say thats one of the worst "new" monsters in the series. Talk about lack of imagination... :/ Hate how they keep putting it in the game too, same goes for the ugly ass set / weapons you can make from it.

am super happy with how they added back in a lot of the classic monsters though. :D

by far this could be the best MH out yet. Besides the good memories from MHP3rd.

Parakeetman

lol ive been standing around in town for 30 mins now fishing

think they added some new fish dont remember some of these

Parakeetman

were these in mh4? the numerical value is how much you get from selling em.

コゼニマス 150z
ゼニマス 500z
ドスゼニマス 2500z

seems like they designed these for folks who want an easy way to build up cash.

Garou

were these in mh4? the numerical value is how much you get from selling em.

コゼニマス 150z
ゼニマス 500z
ドスゼニマス 2500z

seems like they designed these for folks who want an easy way to build up cash.

Those are new in 4G. Although cash is the one thing you are never short of...points on the other hand are way too rare.

Parakeetman

Those are new in 4G. Although cash is the one thing you are never short of...points on the other hand are way too rare.

for points i usually just went on capturing sprees in the free hunts. for me cash is a problem considering stuff i want to make costs 99999 lol

that and i dont stick to a single weapon type so always upgrading various things.

Garou

for points i usually just went on capturing sprees in the free hunts. for me cash is a problem considering stuff i want to make costs 99999 lol

that and i dont stick to a single weapon type so always upgrading various things.

A capture in a free hunt give like, 1500? 2000 points? And takes 5-10 minutes, which is bad if a single upgrade of a excavated weapon can cost 20000 points.
I used the 10th anniversary quest in MH4, which can be done in 2-3 minutes and gives 2000+ points and still then I was nowhere near enough to upgrade everything.

Cash on the other hand is super simple, just sell monster parts. I always keep around 30 pieces of the same part, anything more is sold off. Also selling weapons found or received after quests bring a lot of cash.

Zornica

Banned
A capture in a free hunt give like, 1500? 2000 points? And takes 5-10 minutes, which is bad if a single upgrade of a excavated weapon can cost 20000 points.
I used the 10th anniversary quest in MH4, which can be done in 2-3 minutes and gives 2000+ points and still then I was nowhere near enough to upgrade everything.

Cash on the other hand is super simple, just sell monster parts. I always keep around 30 pieces of the same part, anything more is sold off. Also selling weapons found or received after quests bring a lot of cash.

speaking of excavated weapons, I guess the ones from 4 became useless, as there are probably better ones now, right?

Garou

speaking of excavated weapons, I guess the ones from 4 became useless, as there are probably better ones now, right?

That depends on what you excavated, the top Rare 7-weapons are totally viable and for me (at the end of G2) still among the best I can have.

Zornica

Banned
That depends on what you excavated, the top Rare 7-weapons are totally viable and for me (at the end of G2) still among the best I can have.

nope, I never came across any of them. but I guess it would be pointless to go after them as there should be even better ones now?

Parakeetman

You know thats a good point considering I dont mess around with the excavated weapons as much, but for those who do can most def see where the point issue comes into play.

Im mostly a solo player, which is why my idea of time vs output is a little different from those who constantly party. lol

Btw wheres Festwill? wasnt he part of the old MH4 group back in the previous thread? The dude with the Tommy Lee Jones avatar.

Garou

nope, I never came across any of them. but I guess it would be pointless to go after them as there should be even better ones now?

Well, the Level-limit on Guildquests was lifted in 4G, so I would assume that you can find excavated weapons in the Rare 8-10 range during Lv. 100+ quests, which should be at the late end-game better than what you can build at the forge. But I might be wrong, since there is no GQ-counter in the G-hall I'm not completely sure what role GQs play in 4G.

Parakeetman

Well, the Level-limit on Guildquests was lifted in 4G, so I would assume that you can find excavated weapons in the Rare 8-10 range during Lv. 100+ quests, which should be at the late end-game better than what you can build at the forge. But I might be wrong, since there is no GQ-counter in the G-hall I'm not completely sure what role GQs play in 4G.

haha considering Im only HR 54? I think will be quite some time before I hit 100.

I should junk the current stuff I have since most of it is useless to me anyways currently.

Man I hope this game has a better gunlance set. Since never did like the green bug set. D: There is my old robobear outfit too, but that one dont think the def goes as high as the high rank bug set.

Garou

haha considering Im only HR 54? I think will be quite some time before I hit 100.

I should junk the current stuff I have since most of it is useless to me anyways currently.

Man I hope this game has a better gunlance set. Since never did like the green bug set. D: There is my old robobear outfit too, but that one dont think the def goes as high as the high rank bug set.

Not your HR, the level of the Guild Quest. The limit in 4 was Lv. 100, which (depending on what monster the quest was) gave you the chance for Rare-7 excavated weapons which were a lot better that what you could get at the forge.
In turn the monsters at Lv. 100 were also a lot stronger than during regular quests.

Zornica

Banned
Not your HR, the level of the Guild Quest. The limit in 4 was Lv. 100, which (depending on what monster the quest was) gave you the chance for Rare-7 excavated weapons which were a lot better that what you could get at the forge.
In turn the monsters at Lv. 100 were also a lot stronger than during regular quests.

they were? never knew that

btw: do you guys want to go for a hunt later? I'm done with taifun preparation work, so I should be available all night long

Parakeetman

man i dont even remember that guild quests had levels lol. hasnt even been that long too (;´д`)

they were? never knew that

btw: do you guys want to go for a hunt later? I'm done with taifun preparation work, so I should be available all night long

am in a situation where might have to stop playing and be away for periods of time so unfortunately no online chaos for me tonight &#931;(&#12494;&#1076;<)

Parakeetman

yes + the ones you got from freehunt

ah ok now i remember. there was a problem with hacked quests going around too. think thats why back then after a while i stopped messing with those. remember trying a high lv one and getting roflstomped tho lol

Mozz-eyes

Banned
So I picked this up today with the N3DS and, honestly, the new circle nub doesn't really do it so much for me.

The lock on is far superior 90% of the time.

Peru

So I picked this up today with the N3DS and, honestly, the new circle nub doesn't really do it so much for me.

The lock on is far superior 90% of the time.

The monster target cam was a great addition, even with the frankenstick hooked up I really didn't use it much during fights. Second stick was not that often necessary. But when you're traversing land it's good to look around, and also when there are several monsters to fight.

Zornica

Banned
ok... I'm kinda screwed.
I just realized that I don't have any usable armor sets left, because all of them were built around the narga mail.
great -_-

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
ok... I'm kinda screwed.
I just realized that I don't have any usable armor sets left, because all of them were built around the narga mail.
great -_-
Did you really lose that much? My current set was also built around Narga, but the only skill I've lost was Sharpness+1. Bombardier, Evasion+2, Evasion Distance up and fast sharpening are untouched.

Jijidasu

I jumped into this on Saturday after picking up a New 3DS. I haven't played any MH since MHp3G and I have to say this must be the best time to jump in for people unfamiliar with Monster Hunter. My long break away from MH left me with little to no knowledge of what to do but the game does a fantastic job introducing everything.

Insect Glaive took a while to get used to but now that I'm starting to adjust it feels really powerful, jump evasion is stellar.

Alright GAF, gimme some hype.

How awesome is the SnS in this game? Is it still the amazing piece of work it is in MH3U? What's new to look forward to with this weapon? Can I still sleepbomb the shit out of things?

Any changes to gems? I don't expect there is, but my only complaints with MH3U mainly lie with the armor skill system, where not only is it already complicated to explain, but none of the names match up for anything. Such as the Asylum Gem gives you points in Protection which gives you Divine Blessing. I'd MUCH prefer if the Protection Gem gave you points in Protection which gave you Protection +1. Is this improved at all?

I already know there's a LUDICROUS amount of monsters, but how ludicrous does it feel when playing? Do you find yourself doing a lot of repeat fights, or is the variety better?

Any other notable improvements/new systems in 4G?

Mr-Joker

Banned
How's the single player content in the game? I am thinking of buying the game next year when it get its English release.

DMiz

Does this game perform differently on the new 3ds? I'm wondering if I need to buy one or if my xl is good enough.

Requoting just because I'm curious, myself. If there was one game that could convince me to buy the new machine, it would be MonHun.

Jijidasu

Requoting just because I'm curious, myself. If there was one game that could convince me to buy the new machine, it would be MonHun.

I can't speak with certainty but I had a colleague over with it on his old LL and it seemed to load a bit faster on my N3DS. Another thing I've noticed is that there is a much higher quality of colour on the new 3DS. I think the old models had a bit of yellowing if I recall correctly, that seems to be gone now.

I wouldn't say it is a game changing difference in terms of load time but we'll have to wait for more tests I suppose. Could also have a lot to do with the memory cards.

Vuze

How's the single player content in the game? I am thinking of buying the game next year when it get its English release.
You can play every quest on your own if you don't want to have others with you, so if the game clicks for you, you got hundreds of hours to spend :D

HIR0

Quick question.
Is Monster Hunter 4G/ Ultimate free roam like MH3U?
Can you go to other areas when not doing a mission?

Top Bottom