• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
Apparently Plesioth's hitboxes are completely fixed.

This truly is the greatest game ever.

Sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I won't believe it until I see it. I still have nightmares and it's been nearly a decade :(

I'm so excited. Can't wait to kick it in Pokke Village again.

Also, this will be the first game that I try a different weapon than the Greatsword for once.

did someone mention 'hunting for your dream'????
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsWvX0lXLNo

tm24

I can't wait to get called out for getting early access to the DLC and being a villian to some and a hero to others. Star Knight!

Kinsei

Banned
I can't wait to get called out for getting early access to the DLC and being a villian to some and a hero to others. Star Knight!

It's really shitty that Capcom does this. I understand the need for review copies (although they should only be given to reviewers) but giving them access to the DLC is just overkill.

georly

How do you get it early?

And can you confirm the Link outfits/weapons are in and how soon we'll get them?

Had to use Amazon rather than ShopTo as they'd sold out, could have had it by now!

Hopefully it's nice and early tomorrow, working from home has it's advantages!

Rawk Hawk

Can't wait to get back into playing some Monster Hunter, not sure how many I still have on my friends list. 3U I was mainly a dual blades, then switch axe in 4U, but toward the end I picked up hunting horn for the first time.. think I'm going to play through generations with mainly the horn.

thrake

Neo Member
Got it 3 days early at my local retail store. I'm rockin' the bow this time around, tried it out in the demo and combined with Adept Style it's way too much fun!

Beats

Probably going to go with Bowguns again this time around. I used the Lance in Tri then Hunting Horn/Lance in 3 Ultimate, but gave the bowguns a shot in 4 Ultimate and fell in love with them.

TreIII

Probably going to go with Bowguns again this time around. I used the Lance in Tri then Hunting Horn/Lance in 3 Ultimate, but gave the bowguns a shot in 4 Ultimate and fell in love with them.

You'll love Adept Heavy Bowgun. Dodging in and out of Siege Mode more than makes up for the loss of the limiter removal.

Dak'kon

This topic reminded me to check the post and my copy had arrived! Just going through the harvest quests now :)

The DLC hasn't been switched on yet, I assume? I just get an error when I tried to visit the DLC store.

Just put in a late pre-order at Amazon. Have a lot on the plate as is, but new Monster Hunter is hard to ignore. Just sampled the first monster in the demo with my usual HBG (GS being my other tied top favorite).

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Taking tomorrow off work and have nintenbux loaded in my account and ready to go. From what I've gathered EU store updates at midnight while NA store updates at 5 AM? Trying to figure out if I should stay up past midnight or just wake up early tomorrow.

hear4beer

waiting patiently for the e-shop to update to join everyone on the fun! Quick question for those with copies already, how long does it take until you're allowed to go full palico ?

|OT| Meowstone Celebration

There are a fuckton more weapon options for endgame.

I just want to feel like I *have* to change weapons. That drive is fun, and I like the direct relationship between the power of your equipment and how it looks.

Whatever, I'm sure I'll love the game either way. Or I could be misunderstanding the system.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wonder what time Best Buy will put their games out...I have $5 off and GCU, so that puts me at just less than an Amazon pre-order.

waiting patiently for the e-shop to update to join everyone on the fun! Quick question for those with copies already, how long does it take until you're allowed to go full palico ?
It was the first thing I did in X. Pretty sure you just talk to the girl in Palico Square and you get a free one.

ilium

Subscribed. Good OP Beats!

Was set on maining Bow like in 4U but after toying around with SA a bit I decided to main SA first and add Bow when I get access to Teo stuff.

Does anyone know when the game will be released on the eShop? Midnight? Friday morning?

Rawk Hawk

Great OP Beats, spent a little time using the links in it to learn more about this (Unfortunately I've been busy and the games launch actually snuck right up on me), I like the end game idea for this one. 4U was awesome, but the guild missions never really did it for me.

I really only completed all the standard quests, and then had a tough time finding what to do next. For a while I tried hunting down good guild missions for relic weapons or armor, but the process burned me out before I was able to really get something out of it.

Beats

Are there many new monsters here compared to MH4?

And in quantities, more or less the same?

Just curious.

These monsters weren't in 4U: Agnaktor, Arzuros, Blagonga, Bulldrome, Duramboros, Lagiacrus, Lavasioth, Nargacuga, Nibelsnarf, Plesioth, Royal Ludroth, Shogun Ceanataur, Uragaan, Volvidon, and Amatsumagatsuchi.

They were in previous games though. Then there's the 7 new monsters plus 12 deviant monsters which are variations of existing monsters.

Doombear

Thanks for the OT, Beats. Nice job!

Also, this will be the first game that I try a different weapon than the Greatsword for once.

I was thinking this might be the first time I USED the Greatsword. I have pretty much used everything else over the course of the years... hmm. Loved SnS and Bow in X though, so it is going to be very hard not to jump right back into mainly using those.

georly

These monsters weren't in 4U: Agnaktor, Arzuros, Blagonga, Bulldrome, Duramboros, Lagiacrus, Lavasioth, Nargacuga, Nibelsnarf, Plesioth, Royal Ludroth, Shogun Ceanataur, Uragaan, Volvidon, and Amatsumagatsuchi.

They were in previous games though. Then there's the 7 new monsters plus 12 deviant monsters which are variations of existing monsters.

Any monsters from 4U that are now absent?

Deband

Thanks for doing the ot beats. I am on 3 star village after getting the game on Tuesday. So far there's why to many gathering quests and I love me some gathering.

I was thinking this might be the first time I USED the Greatsword. I have pretty much used everything else over the course of the years... hmm. Loved SnS and Bow in X though, so it is going to be very hard not to jump right back into mainly using those.

Funny, because I've been digging the Bow in the Generations demo.

GS is a blast, though, you should definitely give it a shot. It's kind of weird to use at first, but the damage is 👌.

Top Bottom