• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

For what it's worth, Negate Bleeding is a skill that just needs 5 Staunch Jwl 1s. I'd rather gem it into a better set than make a whole set of Uragaan for it.

hmm, hadn't thought of that... i just hate losing evasion + 2 but for that Narga fight, it's probably worth it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

PKrockin

When you go from e.g. X to XX do you keep your progress (quests cleared etc) or do you just keep your gear? I'm wondering whether it is worth it to go back to X before importing XX for Switch.

I'm assuming I won't be able to transfer from Generations to XX Switch since the transfer tool will only go up in the Japan eShop..
Your quest/story progress will transfer over as well as your items and equipment. You can't transfer Generations save data to XX. That's only possible with custom firmware and a save editor I believe.

Planning on picking this up at some point this week.

Last one I played was 4U on 3DS.

Are the styles considered a fun addition?

I've looked at some guides on youtube and they seem pretty cool.
Yep they're pretty fun, especially for someone like me who likes to swap between weapons and styles often.

Grudy

I'm conflicted on using either Guild or striker for SnS. I really like the charge skill but I don't wanna give up any of the hunter arts :l

On the other hand I'm almost done with village quests though, and I might jump in and start guild quests soon. It's fine to just beeline on to HR right? Would I be missing anything?

Your quest/story progress will transfer over as well as your items and equipment. You can't transfer Generations save data to XX. That's only possible with custom firmware and a save editor I believe.

Yep they're pretty fun, especially for someone like me who likes to swap between weapons and styles often.

That's good to hear.

Just started the game and setup my two Palicoes before going on any quests.

Do you eventually get the ability to take 3 Palicoes with you or is 2 the limit?

PKrockin

I'm conflicted on using either Guild or striker for SnS. I really like the charge skill but I don't wanna give up any of the hunter arts :l

On the other hand I'm almost done with village quests though, and I might jump in and start guild quests soon. It's fine to just beeline on to HR right? Would I be missing anything?
Most people think Striker is better, but I do like using that charged backhop/jump-in attack.

You might miss out on some arts or weapons if you never do the other low rank quests. Skim through the list and see for yourself. (Many hunters arts can be unlocked in two different ways so you might not necessarily have to do these quests to get the arts. You can click the art on the wiki to see.) You should at least do Wyvern Sand Runners for Absolute Readiness. That's a great art.

Grudy

Most people think Striker is better, but I do like using that charged backhop/jump-in attack.

You might miss out on some arts or weapons if you never do the other low rank quests. Skim through the list and see for yourself. (Many hunters arts can be unlocked in two different ways so you might not necessarily have to do these quests to get the arts. You can click the art on the wiki to see.) You should at least do Wyvern Sand Runners for Absolute Readiness. That's a great art.

Thanks for the tips! That link is exactly what I needed.

What's the earliest way to get Razor Sharp? All the weapons this early in the game seem to lose sharpness very quickly.

Also trying out the Insect Glaive, though I don't really understand its pace and ideal punishes. I use mainly Charge Blade and Dual Blades.

Exuro

Working my way through rank 3 village quests and the game feels pretty easy so far with the charge blade. Was also able to also play a few guild quests with my brother which was great as we don't get to play games together that often. Almost took down gypceros with starting gear but made a few mistakes and got carted after he feigned death. >_> I had no idea what he was doing.

Sort of off topic but does anyone use a grip or anything for comfort? I have a new 3ds xl and it would be nice to play for more than a few hunts without my left thumb getting sore.

PKrockin

What's the earliest way to get Razor Sharp? All the weapons this early in the game seem to lose sharpness very quickly.

Also trying out the Insect Glaive, though I don't really understand its pace and ideal punishes. I use mainly Charge Blade and Dual Blades.
Ceanataur, unless you feel like farming bnahabra.

I haven't played glaive much but its moveset seems terribly designed, like all the moves just seem like functionally pretty much the same flaily spinny slashes. It's the only weapon that feels button mashy.

Working my way through rank 3 village quests and the game feels pretty easy so far with the charge blade. Was also able to also play a few guild quests with my brother which was great as we don't get to play games together that often. Almost took down gypceros with starting gear but made a few mistakes and got carted after he feigned death. >_> I had no idea what he was doing.

Sort of off topic but does anyone use a grip or anything for comfort? I have a new 3ds xl and it would be nice to play for more than a few hunts without my left thumb getting sore.
I also have a New 3DS XL but never experience discomfort with it even in marathon sessions. I use my pinkies to support the bottom of the system and counteract the force of my index fingers pushing the shoulder buttons down, like this.

kMHLCQ7.jpg

Anyone have any low/mid level bow suggestions (and armor too)

I'm going back into playing after a while of being switch axe, I was going to just build the best bow I can and start from where I left off, but I have no idea what im doing

Ken

Started playing this again after dropping it at HR1 when I got it at launch. Is there a MH GAF discord to find other people to play?

Top Bottom