• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Series |OT| of endless grinding fun

Teknoman

Time out, how much were these on sale for when MH3 released in NA?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001D1HCF6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I remember getting one for much MUCH cheaper than that. Anyway i'll post my username and info tomorrow.

So is there basically a Tri revival going on (GAF usually goes through Diablo and Phantasy Star Online revivals, so why not MH)? Either way, would be great to get some more Tri players going so we could have some events listed.

EDIT:

Teknoman|Teknoman (FLAYTP) |MHTri| USA

Going to have alot of remembering to do.

thefil

How do you break shit off monsters? I have been hitting the Great Jaggi in the head for like five hunts and he has yet to produce a King's Frill either in carves or (that I could notice) any shiny things on the ground.

1) Where does the broken bit end up for you to pick up?
2) Can you break more than once, or is it no use after his frill is already tattered?

thefil said:
How do you break shit off monsters? I have been hitting the Great Jaggi in the head for like five hunts and he has yet to produce a King's Frill either in carves or (that I could notice) any shiny things on the ground.

1) Where does the broken bit end up for you to pick up?
2) Can you break more than once, or is it no use after his frill is already tattered?
1. You break the frill, and the item you are looking for will have a certain % chance of showing up in mission rewards.

2. Once should be enough.

Today I got online and got rank 8 and did the first urgent quest, but I still can't do 2 star quests. What else do I have to do?

Offline I've been trying to kill Gobul. That SOB. What should I do with him? What weapon should I use? What gear and gems should I use?

Jonnyram

Nice thread.
So wait, if I'm using JP Ad-hoc Party, I can't play with EU/NA guys?

Anyways...
Jonnyram|Jonnyram|MHP3rd|Ad-hoc Party|Japan

Haunted

Freedom Unite and Tri player here.

Love the idea for a thread, even if I'm not really active in any of the games right now.

Bookmarked and looking forward to some hunting with GAF when the next ones are released over here. :D

Wazzim

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Nice thread.
So wait, if I'm using JP Ad-hoc Party, I can't play with EU/NA guys?

Anyways...
Jonnyram|Jonnyram|MHP3rd|Ad-hoc Party|Japan
Nope, you have to get the regional client for it to work.

zoukka

Bought Tri, have no idea how this game works.

Saw some monster and armor designs in the artbook, and had to try the game also.

Will report after my first session.

Wazzim

Banned
Room is up on EU ad-hoc party now.
World A1 -16.
Password: Thursday.
Just make sure to buzz when you come in.

Oni Link 666 said:
Today I got online and got rank 8 and did the first urgent quest, but I still can't do 2 star quests. What else do I have to do?

Offline I've been trying to kill Gobul. That SOB. What should I do with him? What weapon should I use? What gear and gems should I use?

You have to complete the urgent request yourself. example: You can't piggyback off of somebody else's Barroth Hunt. You have to pay the fee yourself and complete it there. If I start my urgent quest and we both complete it, only I get credit towards my Hunter Rank going up.

As for Gobul? Fire.

DeaconKnowledge said:
You have to complete the urgent request yourself. example: You can't piggyback off of somebody else's Barroth Hunt. You have to pay the fee yourself and complete it there. If I start my urgent quest and we both complete it, only I get credit towards my Hunter Rank going up.

As for Gobul? Fire.

I did pay the fee and the quest is gone now. It's not listed anymore. I read somewhere else that I actually have to be rank 9.

What kind of fire? Are there fire damage gems? Fire bombs?

Wazzim

Banned
Oni Link 666 said:
I did pay the fee and the quest is gone now. It's not listed anymore. I read somewhere else that I actually have to be rank 9.

What kind of fire? Are there fire damage gems? Fire bombs?
Weapons with fire-element.

I didn't get into Tri until months after the game's release so most of MHGAF had already moved on when I started playing.

Little Green Yoda|Felix (FMTU9L)|MHTri|USA

Oni Link 666 said:
Gobul is one of the easier monsters to hammer. Make sure to fish him out with a frog (there's a gathering spot for them in area 2, near the area 4 entrance).

Ken

Anyone playing Tri in about 15 minutes? I have about an hour of free time.

I can help you with your Gobul, Oni.

Ken said:
Anyone playing Tri in about 15 minutes? I have about an hour of free time.

I can help you with your Gobul, Oni.

I can get on in a bit. I can't do Gobul online yet though. I'm still stuck on 1 star quests online.

NM something came up. I can't play right now.

Ken

Oni Link 666 said:
I can get on in a bit. I can't do Gobul online yet though. I'm still stuck on 1 star quests online.

NM something came up. I can't play right now.
Ah that's too bad. I'm free now again so if anyone needs help in US Tri, post a message.

Just borrowed Monster Hunter Tri with the intention of checking out this crazy world, so if anyone wants to play with a newbie at some point. Going to try it on my own for a while first, so I don't completely embarrass myself with a crew.

Any tips/advice is appreciated too.

Teknoman

Zeouterlimits said:
Just borrowed Monster Hunter Tri with the intention of checking out this crazy world, so if anyone wants to play with a newbie at some point. Going to try it on my own for a while first, so I don't completely embarrass myself with a crew.

Any tips/advice is appreciated too.

What region are you?

Ken said:
Yeah good hunts. Maybe we can get together a bigger US Tri party next time.

You guys going to be on later tonight?

Ken

Perhaps in the future, when US Tri players are going online they should post what room they are in so people can join even without adding them as friends.

Teknoman

There used to be an app that a GAFer made awhile back that let show when and where you were online. I forget the person's name, but it was really helpful.

Wazzim

Banned
Teknoman said:
There used to be an app that a GAFer made awhile back that let show when and where you were online. I forget the person's name, but it was really helpful.
Never heard of that, sounds cool.

Do you Tri players want to suggest a standard room to make it easier for people to jump in? (I'll put it in the OP)

I need to do my level 18 urgent quest, going on about 10:30 EDT.

2 hours from this post

Wazzim said:
Never heard of that, sounds cool.

Do you Tri players want to suggest a standard room to make it easier for people to jump in? (I'll put it in the OP)
When Tri first came out we hung out in Wisdom Server.

Proven

I never did get to play with any Gaffers before... Maybe I should jump in with a new online only char for a challenge.

Ken

DeaconKnowledge said:
I need to do my level 18 urgent quest, going on about 10:30 EDT.

2 hours from this post

When Tri first came out we hung out in Wisdom Server.
I'm guessing you're done with the urgent by now? I'm on PST time zone.

Anyone want to play or is online?

Alrus

Wazzim said:
Fucker died in the water once, hated him ever since. I'll change the rules if he's more friendly in TriG.

Well at least we'll be able to go in the water this time :)

Xane

Hm.. way more Monhun Gaffers are from the US, eh?
Ah well, gonna have to convert my save from EU <-> NTSC then.
Curious, if I lose all my online progress tho.

Ken

Xane said:
Hm.. way more Monhun Gaffers are from the US, eh?
Ah well, gonna have to convert my save from EU <-> NTSC then.
Curious, if I lose all my online progress tho.

Seems like there's more EU portable players though.

LProtag

So I've finally been thinking about getting into Monster Hunter. What's the best route for a first title, Tri or Unite?

Ken

InsertNameHere said:
So I've finally been thinking about getting into Monster Hunter. What's the best route for a first title, Tri or Unite?

Tri was my first MonHun title and it seems to do a good job at introducing new players to Monster Hunter.

Top Bottom