• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World TGS 2017 Trailer

Sayad

SnivelingGleefulAlpinegoat-max-14mb.gif

YOU DIED
That attack had about as much "tell" as a Rathian back flip, love it!

Raide

Ayyy, direct stream footage of a lot of the videos we've seen thus far (character creation, game's opening, rathian fight, kulu ya ku fight) but unfortunately with two annoying guys added to provide English commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTviKYow7Oo

Thanks for posting.

One of the main things that next-gen has added, for me personally, is the amount of detail. Being able to see the fine details on weapons and Armour, the fuzziness of Palico and the environmental details...damn, super hyped for World.

whoa there's gonna be 16 people running around the town? that's awesome.

It's not gonna auto populate though. Like, you're not gonna go to town and find 15 people there organically like you would in Destiny.

People would have to choose to go to the hub you created, or you could choose to join a hub that already has a lot of people in it as long as there's still room.

It's not gonna auto populate though. Like, you're not gonna go to town and find 15 people there organically like you would in Destiny.

People would have to choose to go to the hub you created, or you could choose to join a hub that already has a lot of people in it as long as there's still room.

ah okay understood. Still a cool option.

Godan

Anyone know if you can order anything other than the normal version of the game in the UK?

Would like to get the collector's edition over here.

That would be too good, hope there's a drawback, like not getting 100% of the materials you used.

I'd be fine with just getting back the rarest material from each upgrade, but I feel like Gaijin Hunter would've been more specific in the tweet (like saying "some of the materials") if the devs had announced it that way.

Let's see if he clarifies in his video when it comes up.

Guys, this is a fucking megaton if true.

Seeing this info: "Charms in MHW are obtained the same way as other pieces of equipment, they're crafted and upgraded using materials and money. No RNG involved."

Working on seeing if the source was translated properly.

Dat custom cats.... this game cost a lot of money. In a world where even nier became a big deal, im hopeful this will be a success.
They already have my money, season passes, expansions and everything.

Seeing this info: "Charms in MHW are obtained the same way as other pieces of equipment, they're crafted and upgraded using materials and money. No RNG involved."

Source: https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201709220050/

護石

スキルを獲得することができる装備。防具としての性能はない。加工屋で素材を用いて強化することにより、付加されたスキルの効果を高めることが可能。「MONSTER HUNTER:WORLD」では、護石も他の装備と同じように、素材とお金を使って生産・強化することで入手する。(生産・強化する護石は、あらかじめ性能が決まっています。)

So yeah, this is saying charms are a type of equipment that can have skills and have no defense value (we knew this, of course), and that in MHW you make and upgrade charms just like you would any other equipment.

:0

but i love treasure hunting!

Baw thats a fine compromise though for the rest of ya

Qvoth

the rng is probably still from your farm/mine/gathering/fish/etc
you can't know for sure when you will get the material you need to craft the thing you need

crinale

the rng is probably still from your farm/mine/gathering/fish/etc
you can't know for sure when you will get the material you need to craft the thing you need

Yeah maybe but if everyone can get the same gear eventually if enough time is spent (like 2nd gen or before) then I'm happy.

So series skills are interesting. I'm taking this info from this screenshot:

This is Anjanath's set. What this is saying is that if you wear 3 pieces of it, you get a special skill called "Fierce Jaw Wyvern's Power" (Fierce Jaw is Anjanath's title).

Fierce Jaw Wyvern's Power: When your hp drops below 30%, for a certain amount of time your stamina consumption is decreased.

Raide

So series skills are interesting. I'm taking this info from this screenshot:

This is Anjanath's set. What this is saying is that if you wear 3 pieces of it, you get a special skill called "Fierce Jaw Wyvern's Power" (Fierce Jaw is Anjanath's title).

Fierce Jaw Wyvern's Power: When your hp drops below 30%, for a certain amount of time your stamina consumption is decreased.

Nice, confirms set bonuses then. Should add another layer of depth to the game.

Man... January release is hype

So happy i dont have to wait too long to play this and I have enough to keep me busy till then!

Capcom finally striking hard with this title. I hope it blows up huge for them

This is it guys!

Raide

Yep. I'm also hoping that high rank versions of a monster's set also have different, or at least buffed series skills compared to the low rank versions.

Would add to some cool variations in gear and not just the same G set to dominate everything. I am hoping they have a little fun and come up with some cool set bonus stuff.

Kinsei

Banned
Yeah we actually saw last month that there was a "Rollback" option at the blacksmith, but we weren't sure if you got anything back when you did it.

That's a cool feature.

Source: https://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201709220050/

So yeah, this is saying charms are a type of equipment that can have skills and have no defense value (we knew this, of course), and that in MHW you make and upgrade charms just like you would any other equipment.

Fuck yes.

I'm of two minds about the Charms thing. It sounds nice at first glance to enhance your sets, and will be a great change for everyone that used to mindlessly grind for charms. I did not do that however. I'd instead adapt my sets to the sweet charms I did find. This made me mix things up and experiment. Without the element of randomisation, I fear I'm just going to home in on something really quickly, and not bother deviating from it.

Top Bottom