• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World TGS 2017 Trailer

Snagret

I'm of two minds about the Charms thing. It sounds nice at first glance to enhance your sets, and will be a great change for everyone that used to mindlessly grind for charms. I did not do that however. I'd instead adapt my sets to the sweet charms I did find. This made me mix things up and experiment. Without the element of randomisation, I fear I'm just going to home in on something really quickly, and not bother deviating from it.
On the flipside, nothing in these games was worse than knowing what type of charm you wanted for the skill set you were going for and being unable to get it or having to game the system to get certain charms.

Nothing is stopping you from experimenting, either. Now that you can make your own charms it's easier to access a variety of builds, rather than having one charm you sorta like and a chest full of charms with gunner skills that you'll never use.

raven777

PeacefulNiftyCreature-max-14mb.gif

No more RCharmG is the best piece of news to come out of this. Hope there's no relic weapon shit either. Everything I wear I want to make myself and it to be my choice.

Hmmm... I wonder what they are showing? Maybe a captured version?

Oooh, maybe when you capture stuff it shows it in town?

Could be a cool little visual.

Optimistic scenario: You capture stuff and get to fight them again in an arena.

Best possible, but not happening, scenario: Monster farm where you harvest scales off of domesticated, captured monsters.

Mupod

what am I looking at here? Captured monster? Something for the arena?

a wider, clearer look into life in the MH world is what's really fascinating to me about this game. I know these threads are full of people beating their chests about how they're so fuckin hardcore they don't have time to watch cutscenes, but I love the MH setting. Even if they don't really deliver in terms of a compelling plot, I just want to see all these little scenes of hunters prepping their gear in town, cats being their industrious selves, etc.

Raide

PokéKong;249648576 said:
In the trailer you see this dude taking notes next to a Rathalos. I'm gonna bet that capturing monsters helps fill out info in those wiki pages.

That makes sense. Helps fill out the parts needed during a hunt. Sounds like a very gameplay focused way to fill out your wiki.

Kinsei

Banned
In the top right, it says "主な生息地" or "Main Habitat" and has 6 spaces for locations.

6 maps, hopefully?

I bet these will be the areas. Jungle (I forget the name of it), Wildspire Wastes, Volcano, Ice/Snow area, Canyon (where you fight that giant monster), and an area for the final boss of high rank.

I bet these will be the areas. Jungle (I forget the name of it), Wildspire Wastes, Volcano, Ice/Snow area, Canyon (where you fight that giant monster), and an area for the final boss of high rank.

You're missing Coral Highlands, but yeah, I'm expecting a volcano and an ice area as well.

We've already seen ice elemental weapons in the demos they've shown, but no monster we've seen thus far is ice.

So, confirmed:
1. Ancient Forest
2. Wildspire Wastes
3. Coral Highlands
----
Speculated:
4. Volcano
5. Ice/snow
6. ??????? <possibly canyon arena>

Kinsei

Banned
You're missing Coral Highlands, but yeah, I'm expecting a volcano and an ice area as well.

We've already seen ice elemental weapons in the demos they've shown, but no monster we've seen thus far is ice.

So, confirmed:
1. Ancient Forest
2. Wildspire Wastes
3. Coral Highlands
----
Speculated:
4. Volcano
5. Ice/snow
6. ??????? <possibly canyon arena>

Oh, I thought the Coral Highlands was part of Wildspire Wastes.

So 6 maps and roughly 30 large monsters

Looking good for the start of 5th gen

I really hope it does well and we get some serious real dlc and expansions

The goal being a 5 gen game the size and quality of MH4U baby

So 6 maps and roughly 30 large monsters

Let's slow down a bit, eh?

We're at 15 confirmed large monsters at the moment:

1. flashdrome
2. Kulu Ya Ku
3. Pukei Pukei
4. Nergigante
5. Zora Magudaraos
6. Great Jagrass
7. Anjanath
8. Rathalos
9. Rathian
10. snake narga ---> Gaijin Hunter says this thing's name is Tobikagachi, and its title has the kanji for lightning in it, so probably lightning element.
11. fluff bat
12. moth wing wyvern
13. Barroth
14. Diablos
15. Jyuratodus

Let's slow down a bit, eh?

We're at 15 confirmed large monsters at the moment:

1. Flashdrome
2. Kulu Ya Ku
3. Pukei Pukei
4. Nergigante
5. Zora Magudaraos
6. Great Jagrass
7. Anjanath
8. Rathalos
9. Rathian
10. snake narga ---> Gaijin Hunter says this thing's name is Tobikagachi, and its title has the kanji for lightning in it, so probably lightning element.
11. fluff bat
12. moth wing wyvern
13. Barroth
14. Diablos
15. Jyuratodus

There was a guy with an inside source that said to expect closer to 30 than the 50 that MH4 put out

So 30 should be relatively close to the final number. And based on the fact we have 15 right now after showing 3 areas I would say that the 30 number is close

There was a guy with an inside source that said to expect closer to 30 than the 50 that MH4 put out

So 30 should be relatively close to the final number. And based on the fact we have 15 right now after showing 3 areas I would say that the 30 number is close

That was Blizzkrut and all he said was that it was "more reasonable to expect 30 than 50" but didn't say that 30 was a for sure thing.

All he really said was that the smaller number is more reasonable.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Why not?

MT Framework is a pretty easy and scalable engine is it not?

People were saying that because of the engine it must have started life as a Switch game.
All I meant to add based on today's trailer is that those assets don't look like they were made for Switch.
Should have been more clear.

Hybris

People were saying that because of the engine it must have started life as a Switch game.
All I meant to add based on today's trailer is that those assets don't look like they were made for Switch.

Idk why people believed that, it started development 4 years ago right? I don't think switch dev kits were even available then. Seems more likely it was ps4/xbox/pc targeted from the start.

Idk why people believed that, it started development 4 years ago right? I don't think switch dev kits were even available then. Seems more likely it was ps4/xbox/pc targeted from the start.

Yeah agreed

They were pretty clear about that

Doesnt mean Switch cant run a 5th gen game on MT Framework though. Im almost 100% sure that it can and will in the near future

Raide

Yeah agreed

They were pretty clear about that

Doesnt mean Switch cant run a 5th gen game on MT Framework though. Im almost 100% sure that it can and will in the near future

I am sure it could but Capcom don't even seem interested in porting XX for EU/US territories. I think it's more likely they play it safe on Switch and something fresh with Nextgen.

Mupod

You'd have to be crazy to expect an MH4-sized roster, but I really do think Capcom learned its lesson after the backlash towards Tri's lack of weapons/monsters. They focused really hard on delivering a large quantity of content on every game since P3rd. Even to their detriment sometimes by dredging up 2nd gen monsters that should maybe not have come back.

Ridley327

Tri looked about 20 times better than MHP3rd, but the PSP still got MHP3rd and didn't run into that many technical issues otherwise. Unless Capcom really hates money, and for the sake of having a buffer, I'm not entirely convinced that they don't, the Switch will get a fifth gen game and despite whatever graphical downgrade, it will be a faithful rendition of World.

Replicant

Production value is insane. I hope you can create your own character too and not just choose from preset.

OMG, there's actually one and a very good one too. Sold, sold, sold!

Let's not turn this into another Switch speculation thread. Let's get more GIFs, new information, and discussion about the game itself.

Top Bottom