• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World weapon demonstration videos

I might make a conscious decision to use all the weapon types in Worlds, everything is awesome- its most likely time.

I'm really hoping there's something new we have not seen yet with the Lance..

maybe a less ridiculous DMC style stinger or million stabs? Hammer got a repeating combo so a guy can dream :<

membran

Yay, blood splatter confirmed, then? Seems like they forgot to turn it off in the video for the bow.

giphy.gif

Tonyx

Oh yes!

Hype level is increasing.

Portable MH is good and fun.. but we need HD Monster Hunter!

This game can't release soon enough!

Fuck yeah this is the real Monster Hunter experience, a step forward for the franchise.

Also, I have NO IDEA &#22826;&#20992;(Tachi) in Monster Hunter is called ''Long sword'' in the west. That's so strange!

Yay, blood splatter confirmed, then? Seems like they forgot to turn it off in the video for the bow.

giphy.gif

Looks so much better than the old 2D blood effect.

Mephala

giphy.gif

Amazing. Is he igniting the tip of the arrow like a match when he drags it across the ground? I'm sort of expecting a little explosions. Perhaps some kind of arrow coating?

Can someone translate the captions?

Doopliss

That spin is from the Aerial Style in Monster Hunter Generations. Has anyone noticed any other MHGen moves that they're keeping?

I hope the sound effects are still a work in progress because the hits in these videos don't really have the impact I'm used to from previous titles.

Raide

Damn, Bow guns actually look fun to play! Never really touched cheddar them in previous MH games because they felt so clunky. Might try them instead of just playing Bow.... Oh who I am kidding, I will only play bow haha.

Kyoufu

That spin is from the Aerial Style in Monster Hunter Generations. Has anyone noticed any other MHGen moves that they're keeping?

I hope the sound effects are still a work in progress because the hits in these videos don't really have the impact I'm used to from previous titles.

Yeah, various Style moves from MHXX are being baked into the weapons, including Brave Style attacks.

They're basically taking the best parts of MHX/MHXX and molding them into MHW.

Amazing. Is he igniting the tip of the arrow like a match when he drags it across the ground? I'm sort of expecting a little explosions. Perhaps some kind of arrow coating?

Can someone translate the captions?

That particular caption just says you can load different coatings to aim for different statuses/effects.

But yeah, that groundscrape shot is so damn cool.

granted the very few times i used lance i only used the infinite stamina running stab back in psp, but i thought the new jumping stab into mount is pretty cool

Jumping stab into a mount has been in since mounting was a thing I think. I definitely remember lances in MH4 being a weapon that could mount without ledges.

I'm a little disappointed they didn't show any major changes with gun lance though. Was hoping for a mobility update, something like the lance charge or a rocket jump or something. At least it seems they have new shelling options, with the sticky bomb they planted on the Jagras face. Hoping that making it more like bowgun ammo in that we can switch between multiple shell types, even if they limit each lance to a few different shells.

Soar

My crew bought wii for Tri and then 3DS for 4U, and now we all bought the ps4 for this. Most of us are thousands of miles apart so this game really gave us a common platform to fool around with. Already discussing the weapons and giving each other shit, can't wait!

Defuser

God I hope Gunlance return to it's former glory.

Looks l'll be jamming with Gunlance and SwitchAxe again. Charge Blade looks like the SwitchAxe stepbrother so I'll prob use that too.

mrmickfran

Definitely using the bow. I love archery.

That insect glaive looks pretty good with the air maneuverability tho. And the long sword looks awesome.

Not a fan of the twin blades tho. They need some impact when landing a blow.

Aren't you guys used to that? Sammy Weeaboosu is the #1 lance and gunlance fan, he'd know.
Well let me ground you a biT.

If you look for solo speedy hunts you will see that Lance is often the weapon of choice. The two stabs followed by a side step makes for a great DPS strategy.

8)

Haunted

Lance is a bread n butter type weapon. Nothing fancy, just solid dps. Stab, Stab, Sidestep. Stab, Stab, Sidestep.

Solid. Not every weapon needs Press A to Awesome spinny/flippy type shit to make people feel cool.

Xater

I am usually a great sword guy, but I might finally give some of the ranged weapons a try. Also insect glaive looks dope.

dwix

Just about every weapon looks amazing. I really got into Bow and Charge Blade in 4U/Generations and both look fantastic. Might be time for me to dip my toe into the Switch Axe though...

Quadratic

I've been a Long Sword main since 3U. The new animations and aerial movement options for Glaive has me thinking about switching.

I will admit I abused the hell out of Aerial SA in MHG for all of the single player. It was just so broken.

Finally watched all the videos. I guess they just couldn't figure out how to make the 2 Lance weapons more interesting comparative to every other weapon. Those videos would immediately turn off newcomers to those 2 weapons. Probably just a balancing issue and what roles each weapon plays so the flashiness isn't there like the rest.

They did confirm no Hunter Arts correct? If that was the case, I feel like it was the right one for the sake of balance. Plus just adding new things for all the weapons in general is good.

Top Bottom