• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World weapon demonstration videos

membran

yeah that seems much faster paced small attacks.

The meaty attacks feel heavier.

EssentialOffbeatFeline.gif

Yeah, it does ,especially with that kind amount of hit-stop (that I noticed in a few other clips as well). Makes you wonder if they just turned the dial to eleven for presentation purposes or whether that hammer attack always has this amount of hit-stop. In previous games, this was reserved for hitting an extreme weak spot with a high-end weapon (and it doesn't look as if the weapon in that .gif is one of the final tiers).

Edit: The dust cloud is awesome.

Peru

With the various new features of the game I feel I have to go safe and with the ol hammer for my first run.

I made it!

I was trapped in the old topic when all of HUnter GAF was in here!

Guys..... this is HYPE. I think I might give every weapon a go this time around. But Ill likely just play around with my staples first

Bow, Switchaxe, Great sword etc

Every weapon looks fantastic! I'm digging the new flashier LS moves. Here's to another 100+ hrs of figuring out which one I like best.

This is pretty much my GOTY 2018 candidate

Not sure Im even going to play anything else unless the content drip runs dry early

They did say this was the largest game they have even made and have already had 4 years on a familiar engine to work

Im thinking we are in for something truly special here.

Love the weapon animations and updates!

wwm0nkey

Okay since it is coming out "Early" 2018 I am expecting a February/March release for PS4/XBO and then May/June for PC. I also expect there to be a demo a month or two before actual release and it mostly just being what they have already shown us

As a Bow user I am very excited to jump back in and play with the new mechanics

The Evades, Slides, Strafing and charge attacks looks so ridiculously satisfying

In Fact thats going to be my theme describing this game

SATISFYING

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, various Style moves from MHXX are being baked into the weapons, including Brave Style attacks.

They're basically taking the best parts of MHX/MHXX and molding them into MHW.

Yep. Brought a big smile to my face, as it didn't seem like much influence from Generations was presented with previous showcases.

DrArchon

IG looks stupid fun. I was worried I'd have to give up on it because I only really liked it in Gen because of the Aerial Style crazy mobility, but if they're giving it Air Dashes like it's fucking Guilty Gear then I'm all in.

This is the direction I wanted the MH weapons to take. Not the butchered and segmented hunting styles in Generations.

That being said, I wish all the other Melee weapons did more of the cool shit the Charge Blade and Insect Glaive can do.

Rajang

Yesss, this looks so good.

Will be sticking with GS as my main weapon, been using it since first gen.

Landing a lv3 charge to the face is one of the most satisfying things in MH.

Mupod

I usually try to pick up a new weapon with each game. Charge blade is pretty much the only thing I don't know how to use so it might be up this time. IG airdash looks bonkers though. And of course I'll need to try out the new hammer and HBG. Game needs a demo ASAP.

I'm not married to the styles in MHX but just let me keep the ability to roll in and out of siege mode. I actually used it in that game, I used to go limiter off at all times.

Zutrax

Looks great!

Has there been any word on crossplay? The best part about Monster Hunter is the fact that all my friends had a 3DS so we were able to reliably play all the new titles together. Now that it is being distributed to multiple, I know my friends all have different platforms that World runs on and we probably won't be able to get them all on the same one.

Looks great!

Has there been any word on crossplay? The best part about Monster Hunter is the fact that all my friends had a 3DS so we were able to reliably play all the new titles together. Now that it is being distributed to multiple, I know my friends all have different platforms that World runs on and we probably won't be able to get them all on the same one.

None

Crossplay doesnt look like its on the table. Not even for Xbox/PC it looks like

Sarcasm

You'll only be able to use a laptop nub so you can have that classic new 3ds feeling.

lol!

I didn't even use the nub on the N3DS XL.

I got this habit of just resting the camera from PSP. I even do it in every game (dark souls, bloodborne etc).

This is pretty much my GOTY 2018 candidate

Not sure Im even going to play anything else unless the content drip runs dry early

They did say this was the largest game they have even made and have already had 4 years on a familiar engine to work

Im thinking we are in for something truly special here.

Love the weapon animations and updates!

This game will take up most of my gaming time in 2018.

ilium

Looks great!

Doesn't seem like it.
The fragmentation of HuntingGAF is gonna suck big time :(

Wegelius

Neo Member
All of these weapons looks so good to use, I only used Lance and Greatsword in the previous monster hunter games, time to branch out.

upandaway

Lance looks basically the same while almost all of the rest look amazing with new changes. Lance dps also got nerfed every game ever since its high in Tri (where it was admittedly broken). Hope they give it the raw damage it deserves in this game.

Anyway does anyone understand all of the dust and stones effects for every hit that connects with the monster? I'm not sure I get it, there's tons of dust everywhere but it's just blades hitting flesh, feels a bit weird to me

Toxi

Banned
Did they show the spin attack for dual swords I'm not sure
They show the spinning aerial attack into a spin, but not the grounded spins.

But it has to be in the game. Dual Blades need their spin-2-win.

I like how the spinning aerial attack can now change into spinning across the surface of the monster.

wbacon

Capcom USA
The switch axe is a technical weapon? Lol okay Capcom, whatever you say.

It’s all in the eye of the beholder ;-). Truth be told, it’s our way of consolidating and approximately categorizing them into large groups for easy viewing. Of course, you can check them out individually either directly on YT or via our game info page here. (Scroll all the way to the bottom)

I think that's one of Capcom's MH community manager (forgot his name)

That smooth, sexy voice comes from none other than Brian Ayers, our brand guy from Capcom UK office.

Nekster

I like almost all the weapons. Particularly interested in insect glaive and long sword. But i plan to check all of them once the game is out.

Kientin

I pretty much main HBG and LBG nowadays and these changes to the weapons look soooo good! I can't wait to try them out. That LBG slide...

Kinsei

Banned
Something else I'm really happy about is that we got to see more of the Great Jagress's attacks. It looks like a fine beginner monster.

Yep. It looks like it will be a fine early challenge that will be more fun than things like Ludroth.

Top Bottom