• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX coming to Switch

tuffy

I'm a little LTTP but HELL YES! Is it possible it comes out this year? Could a localization have been in the works since the release in Japan?
That's probably why they hadn't announced Generations Ultimate already; they can do another 3 Ultimate and release the 3DS and Switch versions at the same time not long after the Japanese release. So it might make it out this year.

Anteo

Personally the game just feels extremely lousy to control imo.
I bought it thrice on 3ds and each time quit feeling exhausted after a fight or two. Unless theyre reworking this or the next one for consoles specifically i cant get back into it

Oh. The gameolay got progresively faster with each entry. For mhx fights are shorter and your options are more varied. Still is all about anticipation and learning the behavior and patterns of the enemy, definitely not for everyone.

Mupod

MHX/Generations had such an immense roster I'm actually curious what the hell they could have added in this one to get me excited about it. Obviously there's the usual flagship/final boss and some variants.

massoluk

Banned
Wondering if you will be able to "share the joy" with this version. My mind felt it should, but the joycon is missing a dpad and a right analog stick.

yurinka

Let's hope it's a good port and they localize it soon. I'll get it for Switch if they don't announce it for a certain other platform before.

ggx2ac

If you wanna know why Nintendo's stock price jumped...
DAuMjV0VYAADzLF.jpg

NolbertoS

Guess the age of Sony is done now
/s
MH on thr big screen is something I've wanted in awhile. Can'y wait to see it on the Switch

mas8705

I'm a little LTTP but HELL YES! Is it possible it comes out this year? Could a localization have been in the works since the release in Japan?

No details have been given on it. All we know is that something is going to be mentioned (hopefully) on Saturday that could give us details on it. Or at least acknowledge this announcement that they made a few hours ago and possibly tease something that we could find out later next month.

Ridley327

MHX/Generations had such an immense roster I'm actually curious what the hell they could have added in this one to get me excited about it. Obviously there's the usual flagship/final boss and some variants.

They added two new styles, and I believe that they changed the flow of the game a little bit to have the Deviant variants a little better integrated.

Hmm...I'll definitely get it because of the new Generations content that I never got because I didn't get XX on the 3DS, like the new monsters and subspecies and new variants and G-Rank. But do the monsters still die as fast as they did in Generations? That would be a huge bummer.

Mupod

They added two new styles, and I believe that they changed the flow of the game a little bit to have the Deviant variants a little better integrated.

I liked deviants but yeah they were super grindy and awkward to fit into progression. Makes sense.

I've heard one of the new styles is super dumb for HBG so I guess I'm looking forward to that. Because apparently Adept HBG wasn't broken enough, lol.

I see Barioth and Nerscylla are back, that's good. I see there's a deviant Diablos, that's...not as good.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This Saturday? If so, it's about to be a dope ass weekend. Between this, and the ARMS playtest? Smooth..
Tournaments are like 5 hours tho, the Tournaments are kinda cool if you wanna see monsters get dominated, but I wonder when during that time they'll drop this.

Ridley327

I liked deviants but yeah they were super grindy and awkward to fit into progression. Makes sense.

I've heard one of the new styles is super dumb for HBG so I guess I'm looking forward to that. Because apparently Adept HBG wasn't broken enough, lol.

I see Barioth and Nerscylla are back, that's good. I see there's a deviant Diablos, that's...not as good.

The not-flagship new monster looks like an absolute riot, too. There's videos of it out there, but it's definitely a whole new ball game with that one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
4U is the best game. Good mix of difficulty and ease of getting into it with the story. Drowning in content but doesn't have the lackluster map design of MHG.

-Horizon-

My main issue isn't that I'm expecting this to be a lackluster up port. It's that Nintendo still can't get the dang system in stock long enough. I'm not feeling optimistic that they're gonna get their production up enough for whenever this comes out. And I feel that even if they do, they'll prioritize shipping more consoles just to Japan and screwing over the rest of the world.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
But it doesn't have Glavenus!

The new monsters are pretty dope in Generations. I'm mixed on the styles and arts. The old map designs from 1 and 2 and how easy it is puts me off. It also has the worst story mode of any MH game with waay too much filler.

Kyoufu

The new monsters are pretty dope in Generations. I'm mixed on the styles and arts. The old map designs from 1 and 2 and how easy it is puts me off. It also has the worst story mode of any MH game with waay too much filler.

I can't remember the last time I cared for story in any MH game.

I'll give you that. The game is the first time I've felt that a MH game feels...bloated? Content for the sake of content, and this was especially evident in the story/village quests. Also generally, it felt like they just threw assets at it. Definitely didn't feel as focused as 4U, although I don't know how I can go back to having no styles. Hammer + Adept is my GOAT mix.

KingBroly

Banned
My main issue isn't that I'm expecting this to be a lackluster up port. It's that Nintendo still can't get the dang system in stock long enough. I'm not feeling optimistic that they're gonna get their production up enough for whenever this comes out. And I feel that even if they do, they'll prioritize shipping more consoles just to Japan and screwing over the rest of the world.

I mean...this will do pretty well in Japan. It'll probably be the lead SKU in the West (if not the only one).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't remember the last time I cared for story in any MH game.

I mean it purely from a completionist point of view, though I generally like what goes on in Tri/3u/4u.

I've played MHG for about 100 hours...and have ALMOST completed story mode. My HR is 2. Most of that has been getting check marks on some duplicate ass quests in the same shitty Gen 1/2 maps to find some nonsense or hunt a small monster. In each rank. They did it so that the randos in each village could give you some more stuff to do but it gets old fast.

sinonobu

Banned
As I think about it more and more announcing game via twitter seems really fishy...

Maybe there's a bigger announcement at the event?

Sesha

I'm happy. Not because I care about Monster Hunter or Switch. But because now there's no way Capcom's mystery title this fiscal year will be another Monster Hunter.

HeeHo

Dream come true for me. I thought MH3U on Wii U was some of the best multiplayer I've ever experienced for consoles.

Really excited to play on the big screen again. Not to mention having the option to play in handheld mode.

I assume my 3DS data from X carries over too.

Top Bottom