• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More like Fumble bundle... amaright?

StueyDuck

I'm sure many of you use to and still know of the humble bundle website which a while back announced they would offer an monthly subscription service and offer a variety of games ranging from AAA-Indie darlings. Many of which being DRM free.

Then the fun parent company for IGN took over charge and it really has just been a slow fall down a long smelly and shitty hole.

these games on offer now are just absolute reject trash. Does anyone seriously subscribe to this service anymore? I pause literally every month and have done so for the past 3 years at the very least.

subscription aside their deals and bundles have just dropped dramatically in quality. I once bought ubisofts entire catalog for $20.

anyway to make a long story short, im really disappointed at how badly the quality of this service became

Humble Choice

kKTTi5Q.png

Last edited:

Crayon

Same here. I used to get bundles back when they were offered without subscription and they were great. I always paid over because the deals dealt like robbery. Now I check less and less frequently. Months go by. I might have missed some good things but every time I check it's disappointing.

Sentenza

I'm sure many of you use to and still know of the humble bundle website which a while back announced they would offer an monthly subscription service and offer a variety of games ranging from AAA-Indie darlings. Many of which being DRM free.

Then the fun parent company for IGN took over charge and it really has just been a slow fall down a long smelly and shitty hole.

these games on offer now are just absolute reject trash. Does anyone seriously subscribe to this service anymore? I pause literally every month and have done so for the past 3 years at the very least.

subscription aside their deals and bundles have just dropped dramatically in quality. I once bought ubisofts entire catalog for $20.

anyway to make a long story short, im really disappointed at how badly the quality of this service became

Humble Choice
He said, in one of the best months in a while.

Fucking Wrath of the Righteous is worth the bundle price alone.

Schmick

Humble Choice
I recently signed up for the membership because I was able to get Hell Let Loose for £8 (plus all the other games) and then cancelled it there after. I think it was the November 2022 offering. My friends did the same thing. And we've been playing HLL a lot since. Great game.

So I do check out Humble Bundle each month just in case there is something. But my go to place for deals is gg.deals.

GHG

This month's headline games for anyone wondering:

of4P4FH.jpg

7yWafpY.jpg

A few decent games in there mixed in with some absolute trash but the problem is that they can all be had for very cheap if you shop around and buy at the right time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Last year, I got a 1-year subscription from my wife as a gift. For the first 7-8 months, it was fine and their monthly choice bundle at least had stuff that I was interested in and didn't already own. My store discount had stacked up to the point that it made sense buying a bunch of games there (especially on sale) because of the Choic discount.

Last month's headliner being Doom Eternal, I skipped because I already had that game and wasn't super interested in the other stuff. I guess I didn't realize that that would break my "streak" and cancel out my store discount completely. Then they had a big Square Enix sale with a bunch of games I would have normally jumped one (stacking discounts!) but instead they were just... regular Steam sale priced. Still pretty pissed about that.

This month - I already own 4 of the games on offer, so I'm skipping again. Needless to say, I already turned off my auto-renewal and don't plan on re-upping when the time comes.

Their bundles themselves, outside of Choice, have been more interesting to me, but their pricing now is always super hit-and-miss. Now that they've essentially dropped the tiered pricing structure, hard to say if you're getting a good deal or not most of the time.

Sentenza

One of the best CRPGs ever made that used to be full price until not too long ago
Fallout 76 (uh...)
Four games with an user score above 90% positive

People on this forum "Robbery, trash bundle not worth 12 fucking bucks".
You people are fucking mental.

Frankly the only months where I'm not at least reasonably satisfied with the offering are the ones when I already own most of the titles available.

Last edited:

Kacho

As with all subscription services ymmv any given month.

With HB there's usually 1 or 2 games I'm interested in. Oftentimes it's stuff I already own like Pathfinder Wrath of Righteous, which I'd say is the only good game in the list this month. Definitely not worth the constant sub. I'll jump on to get something like Crusader Kings 3 dirt cheap but that's it.

winjer

Gold Member
I had a Humble Bundle year subscription a three years ago. I thought it would be a good deal, but there were so many lackluster bundles, that it took me almost 2 years to use it, because I was pausing it so many times.
Ever since, I think I only bought one of their monthly bundles. There was one great bundle with several old school FPS, but I already had most of those games, so I passed.
But this bundle has to be the least appealing I remember seeing on Humble Bundle.

ViolentP

Pathfinder and the original Fallout for a few bucks and you choose now to call it a bad deal? Go play Fortnite. Seems like the price is right.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Not every month is going to appeal to you, but to deny the value you’re given is nuts. Pause and move on. Best of all if you pause again they’ll offer you a discount! If you wait until the end of the month before buying you might get an email offering it or two months at a crazy low price.

Pathfinder alone has a historical low higher than the price of this entire bundle.

Complaining about Humble has to be the dumbest thing. You do realize you can sell/trade the keys you don’t need right? I’ve made money on Humble Bundles just by selling what I didn’t want.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I wish they figured out a deal with apple or Amazon to allow their audio books and e books to be added to you account.

Then bring all the warhammer stuff back…

StueyDuck

everyone definitely has their own tastes and i won't deny anyone there's

even last month had doom eternal.

but these games are all ancient and have far surpassed their prime.

in it's hay day it was almost a gamepass competitor, now it's just like... ok...

so for those who were subbed many years ago, i think they'll understand the pain i'm talking about

Sentenza

but these games are all ancient and have far surpassed their prime.
Wrath of the Righteous is less than two years old.
That's basically brand new shit by bundle standards.

And it's a fucking must have. I'm telling you as someone who already bought the game full price at launch. And I'm not even mad about getting a double.

StueyDuck

for clarity im not saying they never have good games, i am saying that comparing the service now to what it once was (originally just called the humble monthly).

it really has become a lackluster service, for those who know, can tell you it' definitely been fumbled, i will say the option to pause it nice.

but back in the day you use to just buy a month, it wasn't so much a sub service

EDIT: Also to be clear , the service started off terrible as well, i still remember dropsy being like one of the headlines, but it did eventually reach a point of good value for money

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I hear Fobia is very good and I have it on my wishlist on PS5 and Steam. I was waiting for a sale. Send me the key if you don't want it :messenger_beaming:

StueyDuck

Humble bundle were good until IGN or whoever bought them.

Humble monthly were awesome, humble choice is the Fisher price version.
thank you, it's hard to explain it to those who maybe weren't there when it was in it's prime as a service.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
thank you, it's hard to explain it to those who maybe weren't there when it was in it's prime as a service.
The last humble monthly 2019 had crash Spyro and cod ww2 for 12 usd. It was insane value.

Every deal since then turned to shit. Previous members could get the bundles for the same low price if they kept subbing.

I paused my sub for 6 months because they were shit, and accidentally forgot it one month.

I got so annoyed so I unsubbed and have never regret it.

Graciaus

I don't own any of them so I bought it since I wanted 2. I use to buy all of them but the past year I have paused a few times.

VN1X

Banned

Humble Choice

kKTTi5Q.png
Othercide is fantastic though...

Can't speak to the others as I haven't played those.

Last edited:

manfestival

If anyone wants to give me their code for Wrath of the Righteous that is not happy or doesn't want it then it would be appreciated if given to me. It will have a nice home with me.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
This is a decent month. August 2022 was a really good month: The Ascent, Hotwheels Unleashed, Plague Tale, and Gas Station Simulator. When you've been cancelled and return they'll sometimes give you a deal, so I got it for $8.99.

StueyDuck

The main real crime here is the weekly bundles they use to put out.

if you want to talk about value for money, instead of doing these weird bundles they do now, it would be one mega bundle each week and it would be awesome like

2K bundle, then a Ubi bundle which also gave division beta acess, and all of these would be like $12-15.

those weekly bundles had immense value

EDIT: here's an example so July 2016 i got the 2K bundle, $15:

The Darkness II

Spec Ops: The Line

Duke Nukem Forever

Sid Meier's Civilization V

NBA 2K16

Mafia II Director's Cut

Battleborn

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Freedom Force

Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Railroad Tycoon 3

Plus DLC stuff like :

Battleborn Starter Skin Pack

230 Battleborn Platinum Currency

Is it the best list of games ever, of course not , but they would have a bundle like this weekly, it was so good back in the day

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I have no clue on what it was before, but the current Humble stuff sucks ass, I check every month and have never subbed or bought one of their bundles. Often times find better stuff just browins gg deals or even fanatical (whose bundles also kinda suck)

Dr.Morris79

sorry i thought the URL was gonna link them, will add the photo to the OP now
After seeing those games I can only say not to bother, that was pretty bad :messenger_neutral:

Saying that I havent personally been to the site since I saw that it got taken over, before that I did have quite a few things off there.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

Humble Choice

kKTTi5Q.png
Pathfinder WOTR and Thronebreaker are both great.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
One of the best CRPGs ever made that used to be full price until not too long ago
Fallout 76 (uh...)
Four games with an user score above 90% positive

People on this forum "Robbery, trash bundle not worth 12 fucking bucks".
You people are fucking mental.

Frankly the only months where I'm not at least reasonably satisfied with the offering are the ones when I already own most of the titles available.

Lol, what? Pathfinder WotR is one of the worst written CRPGs of all time. It is the pinnacle of slacktivist writing and modern day zoomer character archetypes.

Sentenza

Hey guys, take a load of this pretentious moron who plays games for their "writing".

Give me a break , Umberto Eco.
And spare your "anti-woke" outcries for someone who actually cares.

Last edited:

BlakeofT

I used to be really excited to see what the monthly games were. I haven't checked this site in probably a year. Either the games stopped being good, or I have pretty much all the crap I'd want to play. Still holding out for a super deal on Cuphead though...

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I canceled my sub over a year ago and never looked back. Well, I guess I did look back a few times because I kept checking every few months and it seem like crap games every time.

Topher

Gold Member

Agree with you both really. Wrath of the Righteous is a good add for this month. Of course, that isn't a game everyone is into. Humble Bundle has sucked, for the most part, ever since IGN bought them, imo.

Last edited:

Pejo

I haven't really been excited about a game from Humble in like a year or more, but at 12 bucks, I'll at least redeem the non-trash games they throw my way. There's usually at least 1 good one. Whether I already own it or not is another thing.

A.Romero

I'm a sub but I pause most of the time. In general I'd say it's a decent deal but I get that a lot of people wouldn't agree.

I have also purchased books bundles in the past.

The bundles' quality has gone down for sure but the monthly choice is OK because I have the option to pause if nothing is to my liking.

What? Pathfinder is an absolute win. Amazing game and reminds me that I need to get back to it at some point soon! If anyone doesn't want Fallout 76, I'll gladly take it off your hands :)

StueyDuck

who would have thought pathfinder fans were so weird. who hurt you guys! point on the anatomically correct doll where they did!

gotta be honest, i just watched a quick vid of it and all i saw was a whole bunch of boring ass generic fantasy text on pages and pages of menus and a really ugly UI/HUD, happy if you guys enjoy it, but hey... simmer down a bit, it's definitely niche.

Last edited:

FrozenFlame

Get the bundles with games you want (and sell/trade the games you don't) or skip the months were there's nothing that you want. Better than other subscriptions models tbh.

Top Bottom