• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Mortal Kombat HD remake (canceled) material surfaces

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Kombat spelled with a K? Does that stand for Kahn or is it just because?

I remember writing a report about what I got for Christmas when I was ten or so and talked about Mortal Kombat 3. Teacher corrected it to Combat. Took the cartridge to school the next day to have her undo the correction. Said she didn't deduct any points for it, but I demanded her to undo the correction regardless.

I remember writing a report about what I got for Christmas when I was ten or so and talked about Mortal Kombat 3. Teacher corrected it to Combat. Took the cartridge to school the next day to have her undo the correction. Said she didn't deduct any points for it, but I demanded her to undo the correction regardless.

Ha! That's awesome. Good work.

Nakazato

Lol

fernoca

Why is Kombat spelled with a K? Does that stand for Kahn or is it just because?
"Just because".
During a session while deciding names for the game, they had a bunch of combinations on the board. Steve Ritchie, who later ended voicing Shao Kahn chose those two words and then slapped a "K" to it.

Shaneus

"Just because".
During a session while deciding names for the game, they had a bunch of combinations on the board. Steve Ritchie, who later ended voicing Shao Kahn chose those two words and then slapped a "K" to it.
Also, greatest pinball designer ever. He's also done voiceovers for other games, mostly his on pins but I think he did the voice for a football game as well.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I am also shocked... SHOCKED... that MKTV will belong to Mario Kart and not Mortal Kombat.

evil_shoe.jpg

How did I fucking slip over to the mirror universe?

darkpower

Banned
You know, I would love to see them consider to restart this project, because it seems like they put so much work into it, and it would be a waste to just not put that into use in some way. It looked as though they weren't just phoning it in, but actually recreating the games from the ground up with new motion captures.

Might be just the nature of the beast (and it could've been financial issues that led to cancellation; it's just a speculation I thought of), but it looks way too good and could've been a step in the right direction in HD remakes. Hopefully someone at WB sees the error in cancelling this.

Daffy Duck

This would have been wonderful.

My main issue with the arkade collection we got is it's a straight up arcade port, which means the difficulty is arcade as well. So difficult on MK2 after about three fights.

I read the 55 PAGES OF PATCH NOTES and it just made me wish I knew more about high level MKII play so I could appreciate it a lot more.

If you want to see how things have improved since WB8 then HERE'S A LINK!

And they want to rebalance UMK3 as well. A game that truly needs it. Then maybe they can move on to PC Trilogy after that.

In other news, WTF WB?!?! WTF?!?!

Not only did you not move forward on the HD Remake but shut down a fan project for no reason. Shame. I would've bought that HD Remake easy and the better answer was to bring those fans on and let them put that work in for you.

N0N1337H41

Neo Member
Man, this makes my inner child so disappointed. I spent so many hours playing the original in the local arcade. And it looks like they were trying to stay so true to the original. It stings.

Top Bottom