• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morrigan and Captain America join Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Argall

Neo Member
The most interesting thing about this reveal is that Captain America is not using a MCU costume

OcJ2C3N.jpg

So ... MCU ties rumor stuff was an exageration ?

Looks like it takes some inspiration for his uniform in Avengers Assemble.

smurfx

get some go again
"We want to make a new Marvel vs. Capcom game, but we don't have any money. How can we do that?"

"How about we remove a bunch of features, keep most of the assets, and call it all a design decision?"
i hope it's really them wanting to have a huge cast of characters and not wanting to make new version of characters that were already in umvc3. that way we might both get our breath of fire characters. ah! gem stones could give ryu different dragon forms from the various bof games.

Ugh. Morrigan. Sorry for the contrarian opinion but I'm kind of tired of Morrigan. At least UMvC3 also had LeiLei and Felicia.

Bulleta... She'd be awesome. In my dream world, Capcom would stop spamming Morrigan in all of the crossover games, and put Bulleta in there.

Kinsei

Banned
Ugh. Morrigan. Sorry for the contrarian opinion but I'm kind of tired of Morrigan. At least UMvC3 also had LeiLei and Felicia.

Bulleta... She'd be awesome. In my dream world, Capcom would stop spamming Morrigan in all of the crossover games, and put Bulleta in there.

Morrigan is the face fo the Darkstalkers franchise. It would be like having a Mega Man character in but not Mega Man or X... Actually on second thought that's not a very good argument.

Morrigan is the face fo the Darkstalkers franchise. It would be like having a Mega Man character in but not Mega Man or X... Actually on second thought that's not a very good argument.

LOL exactly. They traded Mega Man in MvC 1 and 2 for the much more superior character Zero in the third game, and it was an awesome move on Capcom's part.

I'm not sure if capcom developing this internally is a good/bad or neutral thing considering that the studios they farmed their fighting games out to consisted of so many former capcom guys who developed their old
Fighters anyway

Evilisk

While I don't agree with getting rid of Morrigan, I too would love to see them push Bulleta a lot more in their crossovers

The most interesting thing about this reveal is that Captain America is not using a MCU costume

So ... MCU ties rumor stuff was an exageration ?

Probably? MCU just happens to have characters people want :p
edit:
LOL exactly. They traded Mega Man in MvC 1 and 2 for the much more superior character Zero in the third game, and it was an awesome move on Capcom's part.
But they could've had both
:p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well I really do think the roster will be big and the game will be more feature rich than MVC3 and SFV because they're not starting from scratch.

I certainly hope so. I would love it if we are going to have a huge roster because they really need more time to works on those newcomers, like Black Panther, etc.

I-hate-u

Darkstalkers has so many rad looking characters with interesting gameplay yet they pick like the most boring choice ever.

i hope it's really them wanting to have a huge cast of characters and not wanting to make new version of characters that were already in umvc3. that way we might both get our breath of fire characters. ah! gem stones could give ryu different dragon forms from the various bof games.

Indeed.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Blood Ryu from BOF3 would be excellent choice for this game, but it could be same for Nina from BOF2 or Fou Lou from BOF4. There are several good choices for them to go ahead with Breath of Fire franchise.

Ryu BOF3 missed his chance because they ultimately decided to give the spot to Soki. Fou Lou was considered for MVC3 but they decided to not include him at the end.

Third Time's the Charm, hopefully.

You guys who seem to complain about Morrigan's bust size: Freaking what?!
She looked a bit ridiculous in (U)MvC3 imo. She looks basically a lot more like she did in TatsuCap. Which is a good thing.

Aside from that though I like her and Cap being added to the roster. It's a safe bet that they were in. Seeing them confirmed relaxes me though.

Zonar

In an interview at PSX this morning the Capcom and Marvel reps there basically said the same thing... that some of the staff date back to Children of the Atom.

They didn't outright say Eighting or another studio wasn't involved though.... looking at the character models so far I can say it sure looks like they're outsourcing the models like they did with Street Fighter V. They look very inconsistent.
Can I have a link to the interview please?

Darkstalkers has so many rad looking characters with interesting gameplay yet they pick like the most boring choice ever.

AGREED. So many incredible choices. At this point I'd even take Demitri over Morrigan, even if in the grand scheme of things he might be an equally predictable choice.

Not sure how Morrigan became the face of the franchise? The Japanese name for the series is "Vampire", and Demitri is the vampire character in the series. When you press start, the cursor defaults to Demitri, and for the most part Capcom games place the P1 cursor on the protagonist.

Disclaimer (before my post is misconstrued as "salt"): I'm actually glad they're including characters from Vampire. Just wondering how Morrigan became so popular.

schaft0620

In an interview at PSX this morning the Capcom and Marvel reps there basically said the same thing... that some of the staff date back to Children of the Atom.

They didn't outright say Eighting or another studio wasn't involved though.... looking at the character models so far I can say it sure looks like they're outsourcing the models like they did with Street Fighter V. They look very inconsistent.

I feel warm inside.

Blood Ryu from BOF3 would be excellent choice for this game, but it could be same for Nina from BOF2 or Fou Lou from BOF4. There are several good choices for them to go ahead with Breath of Fire franchise.

Ryu BOF3 missed his chance because they ultimately decided to give the spot to Soki. Fou Lou was considered for MVC3 but they decided to not include him at the end.

Third Time's the Charm, hopefully.

IIRC, Fou Lou was almost in TvC, not MvC3.

Ryce

AGREED. So many incredible choices. At this point I'd even take Demitri over Morrigan, even if in the grand scheme of things he might be an equally predictable choice.

Not sure how Morrigan became the face of the franchise? The Japanese name for the series is "Vampire", and Demitri is the vampire character in the series. When you press start, the cursor defaults to Demitri, and for the most part Capcom games place the P1 cursor on the protagonist.

Disclaimer (before my post is misconstrued as "salt"): I'm actually glad they're including characters from Vampire. Just wondering how Morrigan became so popular.
In terms of prominence, Demitri is the Ryu of Darkstalkers (male protagonist), and Morrigan is the Chun-Li (most popular female). The only reason Demitri hasn't shown up in the Versus series is because Midnight Bliss isn't feasible, and Capcom doesn't think he's worth including without it.

Top Bottom