• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat has the greatest theme song of anything ever!!!

Kaizer

Banned
I remember when I was a kid going to middle school football games that the mortal kombat theme song was always played during halftime.............good times.

The Hermit

omg.kittens said:
But Mortal Kombat 4 has the best ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsvfP5BQxaw

The quote "its over Derek SHinnok is dead" will be forever burned in my memories.

BTW, I will somehow literally shit bricks if I hear the MK movie theme in the MK9.

SixStringPsycho said:
This is the second best.
Behold Reptiles theme song. I would plays this track when I played UMK3 as a child. Shit got me pumped up! I also kicked my bro in the face while cos-playing like we were Ninjas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MMcOtdl5mU

The Liu Kang vs Reptile is one of the best videogame scene in a movie... it even has the announcer say "Reptile".

Bizzyb

Banned
Yeah...if you LOVE techno.

I have to give it to MGS series before they butchered it in MGS4. MG Saga is still good, but it's not better than the "original" theme.

Fun fact, it was in the original release of MGS3 in the end credits, but was taken out of later releases and replaced with the MG Saga title (that has now been officially placed as the series new theme)

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Cyrax looked cool.
Yeah man, so did Raiden!

mkombatii6.jpg

Oh wait...

fernoca

Technically is not the "theme song" from the games, since the song is part of a separate soundtrack "inspired by the game"; but a darn great one anyway. :p

It was later used in movies, multi platinum, etc. But it has never been part of the games.
The team knows about how many people love the song though.

It has been teased that a possible new movie will include a new version of that song, but that aside nothing else. The upcoming soundtrack will only features songs "inspired by the characters".

Top Bottom