• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fernoca, I like your line of thinking on the thread title, except the main problem I have with it is that I keep getting that Huey Lewis song stuck in my head! Plus there's that Back to the Future game that was recently released that could be confused with this.

But it doesn't really matter that much - the awesomeness of the OP eclipses all.

SolidSnakex said:
Sonya is really fast.
I just realized there are no fat characters in this game. Wouldn't it be kinda funny to have one of the female alts be obese? Someone Tweet Boon!

Fat 18-breasted Tali cartoon from the doomed Mass Effect 3 thread is what made me think of this lol

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I never thought an OT thread could sell me on a game I had almost zero interest in besides nostalgia points. But this thread might of just done that.

Bravo, what an amazing job.

fernoca

The Lamonster said:
fernoca, I like your line of thinking on the thread title, except the main problem I have with it is that I keep getting that Huey Lewis song stuck in my head! Plus there's that Back to the Future game that was recently released that could be confused with this.

But it doesn't really matter that much - the awesomeness of the OP eclipses all.
Hahaha.. I actually was planning on either linking to that song, or use a line pf dialog from Back to the Future. XD

DRE Fei

Ok so from what the designers are saying on the stream, the change stance mechanic doesn't actually serve a purpose in the game at all. They originally planned to expand on it, but they just didn't have enough time to do so and left it in unfinished?

Barrage

This stream is creating more questions than answers. What was with that "Blocking Disabled" thing Noob did on Mileena?

Fuck. GIVE ME THIS GAME.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Why would you leave a useless button in? I'm just glad it doesn't have any use. Stance switching was ass in GG Burst, or whatever that was on PS2.

At any rate, this shit looks fast. Saibot and Ermac look bawse as fuck.

fernoca

Barrage said:
This stream is creating more questions than answers. What was with that "Blocking Disabled" thing Noob did on Mileena?

Fuck. GIVE ME THIS GAME.
Haven't checked the stream yet, but in the original games a few characters have similar defensive/offensive attacks.
Noob could throw some dust that that caused the character to not block any attack, even if th character is actually blocking; for a few secs.

Jade has an ability, that for a few seconds, any projectiles you throw at her just go through her body.

I've seen both in other videos, but don't know if that's what you meant.

Barrage said:

Fuck. GIVE ME THIS GAME.
5.gif

Barrage said:

Fuck. GIVE ME THIS GAME.

Noob had that move in Mortal Kombat Trilogy I think. If you're hit by it, you can't block for a few seconds.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Barrage said:

Fuck. GIVE ME THIS GAME.

Noob had that move in MK Trilogy as well. It basically makes the opponent unable to block for a short time.

EDIT: Fuck, beaten.

fernoca said:
Haven't checked the stream yet, but in the original games a few characters have similar defensive/offensive attacks.
Noob could throw some dust that that caused the character to not block any attack, even if th character is actually blocking; for a few secs.

Jade has an ability, that for a few seconds, any projectiles you throw at her just go through her body.

I've seen both in other videos, but don't know if that's what you meant.
I saw Jade using that ability in an MK9 video, so that one is returning for sure.

fernoca said:
The original plan was to not add any subtitle; but all suggestions were considered, and in the end ended with one that fit the thread and made sense, rather than shoe-horn a subtitle, for the sake of trying to be funny or being witty. :p

Tried also to not use "expected subtitle".
References to the movie like "It has begun", "$500 sunglasses", or game references like "get over here", were expected and over-done, not to mention that it didn't made sense for the thread.

A subtitle that referenced the use of 'K' instead of 'C' was already used on the DC Universe thread so that one was also out of the question. Funny/taking shots-kind of subtitles like one of the planned ones I had "The kool kids in front, back of the bus Street Fighter", or other ones like "it's kool to like MK again"; were going to probably cause a few "lols", but also piss off a few people.

In the end, I prefered to play it safe and use one that made sense as it's not only the concept of the game, the concept of the thread itself and the name of one of the achievements in the game.

;)

lol fair enough

GrayFoxPL

ScOULaris said:
This next week is gonna be a brutal wait for me. The first thing I'm gonna unlock in the Krypt is this:

1656462-classic_reptile_super.jpg

Yeah, you're going to unlock it but with real money on psn/xboxlive.

derFeef said:
Source for this? Nothing is confirmed I thought.

Ed Boon is all about the benjamins $$$

While it is possible the costumes are in the krypt it's also unlikely because WB and Neatherrealms knows that those are going to be sought after and its an easy cash grab that fans will be willing to buy. Plus if there in the krypt it would upset the fans that paid more for the CE and preordered.

Flipyap

Oh, that was a great way to summarize the uneven quality of art in this MK,
"We have a very talented kind-of-like-an-art-team" - Hector Sanchez
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom