• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Addictive RPGs

darkbanjo

1293513-300px_mggbc_large.jpg

Legend of Dragoon hits May 1st on PSN. That game defines addictiveness, the battle system is very enjoyable so random battles never slog.

Link1110

Do you already have the whole Kiseki series, Link?

Yep, got the boxed set over the summer. I was enjoying the first, but I think I got busy with school and stopped, might be worth it to pick it up again. Someone mentioned Etrian Oddsey 3, reminding me that I haven't finished it, so maybe I'll start over.

I also got Pokemon Pearl because I got a good deal on it. Other recommendations in this thread I'm going to take a look at are:

Crisis Core - Still haven't played it, so might be worth a shot
Rune Factory - The first one seems pretty cheap. Is that one good to start with, or are either of the sequels leaps and bounds better?

Flunkie

Banned
Game Dev Story and New Star Soccer.

THIS

Chrono Trigger on DS was great until I stopped playing and got stuck in the overworld and couldn't remember what to do.

Seems I have to pick up MHFU and P3P next and break out the DSi over the summer for some TWEWY. Played a whole 20 minutes of it last year and then moved on to other things.

Utako

Banned
Xenoblade.

But not in a good way. It's a 150-hour RPG with 30 hours of content. If you could progress through the game without doing sidequests, it would be a more fair experience. This is why I don't understand the "BEST RPG EVAR" statements. Do some people really enjoy doing the same quest in 200 variations?

Tex117

Banned
Portable obviously limits your choices.

That said, if you haven't picked up Vagrant Story on the psn, that might be worth checking out.

The World Ends With You is great if you don't have it already. A really addictive DS game (although tit isn't an RPG) is Advanced Wars: Dual Strike. That one will last you hundreds of hours.

DR2K

Banned
Pokemon. Wish I haven't outgrown them, they really just need a faster pace to just about everything.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Xenoblade.

But not in a good way. It's a 150-hour RPG with 30 hours of content. If you could progress through the game without doing sidequests, it would be a more fair experience. This is why I don't understand the "BEST RPG EVAR" statements. Do some people really enjoy doing the same quest in 200 variations?

It's basically an offline MMO with a real story, and since i've been playing WoW for years, it didnt bother me that much.

Plus, its the rewards that counts the most!

MH is not an RPG. There's no character leveling, you just take on harder quests and craft better weapons and armor. But the trick to the game is learning where everything is and how to fight the giant monsters. An expert can basically take on anything in the game naked.

The game is one of the most addictive things I've ever played. Make sure you get Unite. =D

Top Bottom