• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most aesthetically appealing console of all time?

This fucking beauty:
2591803-3281459147-25723.jpg
Makes me wish I didn't already have a PS4...

SystemUser

All consoles should have a wood grain option:

j0afhgv.jpg

b19Q2BU.jpg

My dream console would have wood grain, fresh candy paint, and a peanutbutter top. Also an Aztec warrior scene airbrushed on top. Basically I want a console that belongs in Lowrider magazine. I would want hydraulics too, but I think the disk would probably get scratched when I tried to three wheel motion after unlocking a trophy.

This one for sure. I dont even need a PS1 and I nearly bought this version of it when I saw it at a local gamestore.
Its so tiny!
I replaced my launch PlayStation with this when it was released. I still have it packed up in the original box in the basement; I think I've only played FFVII and IX on it shortly after purchasing it... it's still brand new for all intents and purposes... I'll never get rid of it!

But my vote goes for Vita - it would have been for the original PSP six years ago, and the Atari Lynx (ver. 1) before that, but I have this thing for handhelds...

It's already been mentioned but the Gameboy Color was really quite nice looking. I never owned one, but that thing always got my jealously juices flowing every time I saw it.

PS Vita will always be my GOAT though.

Genio88

Call me crazy but i just love xbox one and also ps4 design, especially the white versions, older consoles look kind of toys to me now, but i loved their look when i was younger

Flappy

Banned
SNES by far for me. It was rock solid too. Like a brick.

I used to just randomly pick it up just to look at it. I've never done that with any other console.

Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System_(PAL).png

So nice. I always wished I had a black Wii. White looks so.... cheap
I feel just the opposite. I love white consoles so much and that one of the things I like about the Wii. I bought a basic Wii U just so I could have the white colour.

I have my Wii and even though they're so cheap, I always worry about getting scratches on it because I like it. But I have an old PlayStation 2 that's black and that one I take outside and play DDR with, without worrying about it getting hurt, because it's not a white model.

My white PlayStation 2s I keep really really good care of, though.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I think the Xbox One is probably my favorite only because it is the thing that screams "I'm a game console" that I've ever owned.

Beyond that, probably the Saturn. That matte black finish looked fantastic.

The Wii, 360 slim, Vita and Gameboy Pocket are my picks for best looking. PS2 and Wii U are also nice as they dont really stick out in an entertainment center. PS4 and Xbox One aren't bad but they don't exactly look sleek and aren't small enough to be unnoticeable. Everything else is fairly ugly or looks like a children's toy.

Top Bottom