• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most awesomely f*cked up scene in a movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surpriesed noone brought up A Clockwork Orange yet.

The scene after Alex has been treated and meets his two droogs (Dim and Georgie I think) who are now police officers and torture him by almost drowning him while Alex is unable to do anything made me feel kind of sick.

(Clockwork Orange is still the only Kubrick film that I like)

ckohler

Obligatory:

the-shining-bear-shot.jpg

Window

Though I haven't seen them, from what I've heard scenes from Peter Jackson's Meet the Feelbles and Bad Taste must be included.

JGS

Banned
The one that comes to mind is the scientist ripping his race off in Poltergeist. Pretty shocking for me as a kid in a PG movie but loved it.

I would include Splice's "love" scenes but they are not awesome.

Edit: wrong title

GhaleonEB

Having just seen it a few days ago, I'd toss the sex scene in Splice into the mix.

Spoiler warning: if it has a tail, don't mount it.

Edit: haha, just beaten.

Kinyou

That scene 127 hours was pretty awesome and fucked up.

Especially the part with the
nerve
. It just got so more real at that point. Got to applaud Danny Boyle for that.

Edit: Oh and that certain "bottle" scene from Pan's Labyrinth

chris121580

The scene in The Wrestler where he's having flashbacks of wrestling the huge guy with the beard and they're smashing glass panes on each other and stapling each other. And while he's having the flashback, they're pulling staples and glass out of his body. *CRINGE*

Manager

magicstop said:
Also, the entirety of Ken Park.

Fucking this. My female friends brought us to the cinema when we were kids "so that we could learn about sex". They made me pay $10 to watch a dude jerk off to the sounds of a tennis match.

edit
While strangling himself and committing suicide

TheNatural

My Member!
Lord-Audie said:
Which one?

There are too many to just say "scene".

I have to say the killing of murphy. That was some fucked up shit.

Yeah I thought it was implied that was the one I was talking about. :p

Kusagari said:
Ichi the Killer - the tongue part

I wonder how many other Takashi Miike fans are on this board, with only Audition/Ichi getting nods for 'awesomely f'd up' scenes. Visitor Q/Gozu are wall to wall...er...messed up.

devenger

GhaleonEB said:
Having just seen it a few days ago, I'd toss the sex scene in Splice into the mix.

Spoiler warning: if it has a tail, don't mount it.

Edit: haha, just beaten.

This bugged me so much. Because why? Who would EVER do that? All they had to say was "pheremones". He couldn't control himself biologically.

Instead, Brody shrugs and says "Things got confusing..." Never been that confused.

I'd have to say Funny Games, either version, shotgun scene.

My jaw literally dropped open.

fludevil said:
This bugged me so much. Because why? Who would EVER do that? All they had to say was "pheremones". He couldn't control himself biologically.

Instead, Brody shrugs and says "Things got confusing..." Never been that confused.

I'd have to say Funny Games, either version, shotgun scene.

My jaw literally dropped open.
Raises hand.

buttonsmasher

Neo Member
I Saw The Devil - That whole movie, but specifically the couple of scenes where
Kyung-Chul goes to his cannibal friend's house and Kim follows and chaos ensues. The guy eating the flesh, and dragging that poor girl to doom when he discovers his fridge doesn't have anymore guts in it. Knocking the girl out with the two rights and almost hitting her with the left. So much emotion in that movie. The fight in the hallway between Kyung and Kim was so epic, and the ending of the scene with him pounding his skull repeatedly while screaming "WHY?" over and over was great.
The gore effects in that movie are nuts. :O

I love Min-sik Choi. Dude is such a great actor, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom