• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most awesomely f*cked up scene in a movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttonsmasher

Neo Member
Gentleman Jack said:
I wonder how many other Takashi Miike fans are on this board, with only Audition/Ichi getting nods for 'awesomely f'd up' scenes. Visitor Q/Gozu are wall to wall...er...messed up.
Visitor Q is nuts. I turned it off the first time when
he was banging the dead girl and the rigormortis set in while he was bangin'. So gross.
:lol

The Hermit

The bottle scene in Pan's Labyrinth.
One thing is to expect a violent/gruesome scene in a horror movie, another thing is watching a supposedly grown up version of Harry Potter... with your girlfriend.

fludevil said:
Well then, you deserve a prehensile stinger in the backdoor.
Yeah, probably. Say what you will, some of us would be smart enough to put a cap on it or something. Not so cool how she
turns into a dude, though.

Karak

Second said:
The Mist. That ending... O_O
I totally thought I would be the only person to post this...I have to say, one of the greatest most "OMG" endings. Well directed and perfectly paced with the tank and the mist..god.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Awesomely fucked up? Come on people, get real.

pulp_fiction3360.jpg

Edit: Goddamn, Pulp Fiction is so full of them.

Dina

Jamesfrom818 said:
The Cell.

That scene when J Lo gets her intestines pulled out of her while she's in the serial killer's mind. I think it was her character anyway.

Yeah that was fucked up. Little me in the cinema didn't really enjoy the horse being sliced up either.

AbsoluteZero said:
Kick-Ass: Dude getting exploded in microwave and dude being crushed in car crusher while in car.

Kick-Ass has some unexpected rough stuff going on. Them being tortured by a car battery isn't pleasant either. It's even worse in the comics.

Maffis

chris121580 said:
Are you referring to the elevator scene? If so, I totally agree

Yeah, that one. It's close to the ending, but maybe not the ending per-se. It is however, very surprising.

I'm surprised at all of the mentions of The Mist. The novella's ending is way, way better. The film's ending was a cop out and it's also one of the cardinal sins of writing.

KevinCow

Banned
The Departed.

Alright, Leo's got Matt, now he's gonna figure out a way to clear everything- oh, uh, or he'll get shot in the face.

And if that wasn't bad enough, we then get two more ridiculous and abrupt deaths in the span of like 30 seconds.

BigNastyCurve said:
Mirrors - I don't even need to say which scene, you already know it if you've seen the movie.

the jaw scene

Gaaahhh

My entry is this scene in Inglorious Basterds
"If the shoe fits..."[/spoilers]

Also, Nazi scalpin' is fucked up and hilariously awesome.

No wait, the Bear Jew with a baseball bat.

The ending scene in Don't Look Now. I don't recommend watching it on its own because the entire film builds toward it. Just watch the movie without reading up on it.

Cipherr said:
http://i.minus.com/iduVCfCs8gP3x.gif[IMG]

If I kill a man, I want to do it like that. Close, personal, surprising. A pure "FUCK YOU!", amazing.[/QUOTE]

I did not see that coming at all when I watched it. I probably said "HOLY SHIT!"

Sinthetic

Most of Sion Sono's Strange Circus.
75% of Human Centipede 2.

Not actually sure they are awesomely fucked up, but mainly just fucked up.

Kinyou

Vulcano's assistant said:
Two gory moments that were out of place:

-That scene in Iron Man 2 where some poor bastard snaps his spine.
-The bear fight in The golden Compass
That was so incredible nasty. Caught me really off guard

Icicle

The entire premise of Someone's Knocking At The Door...a serial killer who rapes people to death with his massive dick.

Bad movie though, not worth watching. But if you must, it's on Netflix Streaming.

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Funky Papa said:
Edit: Goddamn, Pulp Fiction is so full of them.

How the hell has "Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face" not been mentioned yet?

Anyway, I said wow during the Julianne Moore car chase scene in Children Of Men. The opening sequence was an "oh shit" moment as well.

Persona7

Banned
KevinCow said:
The Departed.

Alright, Leo's got Matt, now he's gonna figure out a way to clear everything- oh, uh, or he'll get shot in the face.

And if that wasn't bad enough, we then get two more ridiculous and abrupt deaths in the span of like 30 seconds.
I wasn't expecting that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom