• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Most Unpleasant Time at a Restaurant

blackflag

I was djing a side room back when Napolean Dynamite was big and the dudes were playing at clubs. The guy who played Pedro was djing the main room, there was a fucking Piñata in there and a bunch of girls with "vote for Pedro" shirts on.I met this girl there and we hit it off. We go out the next day for drinks with her friend and her boyfriend. She proceeds to get hammered and just is really rude on the date. Anyway I was ready to bail but her friend said let's get her some food (the couple was actually cool) we go to a French restaurant, her friend's bf was not allowed in cos he was smoking. The rest of us were seated.

Ok, so the friend goes to use the restroom and my "date" was sitting there looking drunk as shit, I go to take a drink of water and she says

"That's my friend's drink"
I say "she's not going to care"

Her friend comes back and I tell her I accidentally took a sip from her drink and doesn't mind.

My date didn't like that and she goes and knocks every utensil, glass and plates in one swoop of her hand on the floor. Everyone is looking at us and shit just gets out of hand. Her friend pays for the damage and we leave. Her friend's bf also is fucking awol now.

I end up getting dropped of at my car by her friend (I helped her look for her bf for a bit) and that was that. She was really cool I don't know wtf happened to her bf.

Legit LOL''d at this story.

One time my mom and I went to a Chinese restaurant on Christmas since it was only her and I and we didn't feel like cooking.

Place was near empty, but service was terrible and slow, and then my mom didn't like the food after the first bite. She waited for the server to ask to switch to something else, and dude pretty much told the manager we complained, he came out and snapped on us and told us he couldn't switch the meal. My mom said she wasn't going to pay for it, since she didn't like it and didn't eat it, and that we'd just leave. He further snapped saying we had to pay since they had to make it.

We ended up just walking out, and he berated us on our way out the door and told us we're not welcome to come back ever again.

LOL. On Christmas.

Well, I really can't blame on the manager. If just by not liking a meal everyone could replace it, restaurants would not exist. Bad ones because all the meals would be replaced; good ones, because the scoundrels.

You have to have a good reason to ask for a replacement.

Happened to me just this week, worst ever. I was at the New Orleans airport flying out and I was hungry. I got in line at the Subway there and the 3 girls working this place were so bad, I wish I had recorded them so every restaurant or fast food joint could use them as an example of how to get fired.

Literally, I timed it and it took 25 minutes... twenty-five minutes for them to make 4 sandwiches. They worked at their own pace, and several times 1 or 2 of them would just roll their eyes at customers and walk to the back for several minutes and then come out and just start sweeping or checking on breed when there were over 30 people in line waiting. The lady in front of me called them out on it and the lady said she was the manager and didn't give a "shit" (ya she said this) what the lady thought.

My wife wrote their corporate office as we waited for our plane. Unfucking-real, I hope they fire all 3 of those assholes.

Maybe this is a topic for another thread (that has the potential to backfire on me horribly), but I never understood people that order something then expect to swap it out for no additional charge.

I understand some restaurants will let you do that in order to keep you happy, but you committed to a choice for a product. It's a pure loss to the restaurant that has to just throw it out after you touched it.

In this specific instance, sounds like everything else was already terrible and obviously the manager could have kept your patronage both on that day and in the future if he didn't go full HAM, but I'm always surprised when someone feels entitled to switch out their meal at full compensation if there's nothing wrong about it other than general predilection.

Yup. The world doesn't revolve around you--you ordered, you pay. "Not liking it" is a super entitled excuse to get something for free.

mackattk

More than a few times this happened. Waitress was super nice coming to our table at the start, asking if we want appetizers or whatever and taking our order. Appetizers come, we eat it and finish the drink we have. So we need a refill, the waitress comes back once our entrees comes out, refills our drink, then we don't see her again until the bill comes, while we are halfway through eating our entree and our drinks are empty. I need my drink refilled! Of course when she comes back at the end to give us the check and expects us to tip her well she is bubbly and cheerful again.. Ugh

I also hate having to sit and wait after we eat for the check to come. They give us the check and scurry off before we even have a chance to look at it. I didn't wait 40 minutes for a check for you to run off when I was ready to give you my credit card to pay. Now I got to wait until 15-20 minutes for you come back to take my card and ticket, and another 15 minutes for you to return the receipt and card. I don't have time for that.

I rarely go to a sit down restaurant now. Whenever we go out to eat I prefer to go to a quick-service place (not fast food), that has high quality food just about as good as a sit down restaurant, but I don't have to deal with wait staff and I pay when I order and I can get a refill whenever I want to.

Just reminded me.. one time I accidently spilled my drink on the table. The rest of the time the waiter "joked" about it, saying "whoa whoa don't move too quick" and asking if I needed help moving my drink. Fucking asshole. It was a mistake.

I've had bad service and poorly made food but usually it gets comped.

My restaurant highlight though was walking to the washroom and passing a couple engaged in that 3rd date glow...from their cloth napkin draped over the candlelight, now on fire infront of them. They didn't notice it until I casually pointed out it was ablaze.

Tom Nook

In college I went to a Mexican restaurant in a very yuppy-type village in upstate New York. My friends and I -- there were about 6 of us, 2 guys and 4 women -- got a table and ordered appetizers and some drinks. Before we were able to order entrees, like 10 minutes after sitting down, the manager came to our table and informed us that it was almost dinner rush and he needed us to leave so he could seat more patrons. He didn't ask any other tables to leave.

We were like, "Uh, are we not eating dinner here?" He didn't give us an explanation, just asked us to pay for our drinks and leave. My guess is that we were younger than his desired clientele. We weren't loud or poorly dressed or anything. Food was terrible anyway.

Holy Shit! I would cause a scene if somebody told me to move.

Our look and money are not good enough...FUCK YOU!

Sorry, had a similar experience like that.

Stencil

My cousins were back in town and their parents live down the street from a Perkins we used to frequent (24hr diner) and we were all waxing nostalgic and decided to go there around 4am (we were all still awake) for old times' sake.

When we got there, our server took a while to get to us despite the place being basically empty. He pulled up a chair and sat in it backwards ('hip-teacher' style) to take our order, but not before letting out a big sigh and letting us know how terrible his life was. It was awkward.

gaiages

Banned
More than a few times this happened. Waitress was super nice coming to our table at the start, asking if we want appetizers or whatever and taking our order. Appetizers come, we eat it and finish the drink we have. So we need a refill, the waitress comes back once our entrees comes out, refills our drink, then we don't see her again until the bill comes, while we are halfway through eating our entree and our drinks are empty. I need my drink refilled! Of course when she comes back at the end to give us the check and expects us to tip her well she is bubbly and cheerful again.. Ugh

I also hate having to sit and wait after we eat for the check to come. They give us the check and scurry off before we even have a chance to look at it. I didn't wait 40 minutes for a check for you to run off when I was ready to give you my credit card to pay. Now I got to wait until 15-20 minutes for you come back to take my card and ticket, and another 15 minutes for you to return the receipt and card. I don't have time for that.

I rarely go to a sit down restaurant now. Whenever we go out to eat I prefer to go to a quick-service place (not fast food), that has high quality food just about as good as a sit down restaurant, but I don't have to deal with wait staff and I pay when I order and I can get a refill whenever I want to.

Just reminded me.. one time I accidently spilled my drink on the table. The rest of the time the waiter "joked" about it, saying "whoa whoa don't move too quick" and asking if I needed help moving my drink. Fucking asshole. It was a mistake.

You just sound like a very impatient person.

Any time I have to go out to eat with my step-dad. I love the guy, but he is an incredibly picky eater, so we can't go anywhere that has remotely interesting food, because he will sit and complain about it. He also likes his steaks well done, which is a travesty itself. Like... if you don't like the food, complain about it later. Stop ranting to me, who doesn't care and is trying to enjoy his food, and being loud enough that you sure as shit know everyone nearby can hear you.

Same with a friend of mine who gets a couple margaritas in him at a Mexican joint and starts ranting about politics and conspiracy theories. You know the kind.

At one of my favorite regular joints I was there for brunch and this one guy... who is somehow still a regular despite being kicked out a bunch of time, comes in at like 1030am, flops down in a chair at the bar and orders a beer. I have never seen this guy sober in the six or seven times I've seen him, that day was no exception. So he's drinking his bar and harassing the bartender who is tired of his shit as soon as she sees him, and then one of the owner's walks by and he starts waving a baggy of coke saying how he's got 'The reeeeal party'.

At which point the owner kicked him out. Again.

E92 M3

My cousins were back in town and their parents live down the street from a Perkins we used to frequent (24hr diner) and we were all waxing nostalgic and decided to go there around 4am (we were all still awake) for old times' sake.

When we got there, our server took a while to get to us despite the place being basically empty. He pulled up a chair and sat in it backwards ('hip-teacher' style) to take our order, but not before letting out a big sigh and letting us know how terrible his life was. It was awkward.

The guy was working a graveyard shift at Perkins, give him a break lol.

Boem

I've told the longer version of this story here before, but on vacation in Russia a drunk guy suddenly pulled me from my seat and almost started beating me up (some people were holding him back) because he assumed I was Jewish.

So yeah that happened.

Also, not that it matters really, but I'm not even Jewish.

Poppy

The time I was not allowed into a restaurant lol.

It was in asakusa.

It was open, they had a sign outside that said "curry". I wanted to go in, a small japanese woman came out and told me I can't go inside.

I took the hint and left.

really, in asakusa? i figured that place had enough tourists to avoid such things. i had pretty good eel in asakusa though it was at a place people normally would go for loach so i felt a little bit awkward as a single american person just eating unadon while other people were having fun and drinking with their coworkers and stuff. but the waitresses were nice so theres that. i dont know too much though, only been to japan once. i did get denied from an izakaya in fukuoka but it might have either been a reservation thing or my japanese was just way too lacking and the server i talked to didnt have time to deal with it, idk.

i got curry in some diner when i was wandering around kyoto and it was great, just a basic ass place with normal people. a family, a salaryman reading a paper etc. sorry for your experience

i guess my worst food experiences are in a seafood restaurant my family used to like where everything suddenly just sucked massively and my mom was being really venomous towards the admittedly overworked and apathetic serving girl. wells maine just is very touristy at times. im not surprised the place went down the tubes, it had a management shift.

another time getting korean bbq with a friend in nyc the woman taking our orders stood next to our table and just kind of stared at us the whole time, i dunno if it was because they didnt trust us or if she just thought that was the right thing to do, but it totally paralyzed me into not enjoying the meal at all and i overcooked prettymuch everything because i was trying to think of being somewhere else. also very overpriced. to this day i am not a fan of any restauarant where you have to cook your own stuff, just gimme my food and go away plz

when i was in kyoto i got some stupid expensive omakase tempura because i was like whatever i will blow money once. it was quite good, maybe not as good as the price, but i dont really regret it. the waitress there and also the man behind the counter were standing around me and looking pretty frequently which made me a bit agitated but i guess thats just what happens when you are a single foreigner eating somewhere and they dont have anything better to do. i cant tell it is because they are trying to be nice and i am too awkward or if they are just kinda weird.

that last one wasnt so bad because i had two asahis and a few shots of yamazaki so you can ignore a lot of unpleasant stuff eventually that way!

So, this isn't about an experience at a restaurant, but I thought I'd post as an example of fucked up customer service.

My hybrid car that I had for around 10 years started having battery problems to where it would cost around $5000-6000 to replace the battery so I decided I would be better off putting that money toward a new car. So I start shopping and narrow my choices down to a few different makes.

I go to the Mazda dealer to look at a Mazda CX-3 and after test driving I go to give the keys back to the sales guy who is hanging outside of the showroom in a golf cart with his buddy smoking a cigarette. He asked me if I was ready to buy it and I told him not yet, I'm still looking at one more car and wasn't sure if this one would be big enough for my family.

He asked what kind and I told him a Subaru. He then starts looking at the tattoo on my arm and back at me and asked "Are you uhhhh like, guy-girl married or......?" I told him yes, I'm married to a woman.

For reference, my tattoo is a full sleeve where I have 2 large bears on each side of my forearm to symbolize my wife and me and then near my shoulder I have the ursa major/ursa minor bear constellations in a night sky. I can only assume since he saw only the bottom part that he assumed the bears on my arm was some kind of symbol that I was gay.

After finding out that I wasn't he launched into some joke about how I didn't want to get a Subaru because people call them dyke-mobiles while his smoking buddy smirked in the seat next to him.

After that, I decided it was time to leave. I've been ignoring his calls for the past week and just picked up my new Subaru yesterday.

Symphonia

Banned
Eh, some people have fear of needles. Estimated 10% suffer from trypanphobia, though I am sure most cases are rather minor.

But it obviously wasn't so discreet if someone complained about it. The waiter and manager may have been rude but its not conceptually that different from a variety of other activities that society deems necessary to use the bathroom for. It's not like they were saying you couldn't take the injection.
I'm not going to use a public restroom - where all sorts of germs may be festering - to do an injection that I need to do to ensure I stay alive, purely because some bitch felt a bit uncomfortable. I was, in fact, doing it below table level. So she must've been really nosey to notice I was doing it. So, yeah, I feel no shame in telling her - or the staff - to go fuck themselves.

ReAxion

I saw Chris Pratt at a high end restaurant in Los Angeles other day. I really wanted to say hi to him but he seemed pretty engaged with his family and I didn't want to be an asshole. I decided that I would just say something quick to him while I was leaving, but then he finished first. I didn't want to miss him so I just ran up and told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I guessed this happens often and he was fed up with it so I just left, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came time for him to pay the bill I saw him stuff a bunch of breadsticks in his pockets. He was telling his wife to put some in her shirt too.
The waitress was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you can't leave with the breadsticks. You're free to eat them as long as you stay. Its Olive Garden policy.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually he took them out and started snacking on them.
When she took his credit card and started swiping it, he stopped her and told her to swipe it multiple times “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she swiped the card and tried to take the bill, he kept interrupting her by snatching it out of her hands and making sure she wasn't trying to tack on additional charges.

why would you repost terrible unfunny copypasta.

It was a rather racist experience for me. For a bit of a prospective, I live in a very white "liberal" city. So there is a restaurant my friends always praise how good it is, and it's usually frequented by college student since my town is a college town. It was a Saturday morning and suggested to my brothers that we should give it a try. It was busy and we totally expected that. We didn't wait long for a table, and we got seated. From the moment we got seated, I felt something was off with how the server was talking to us. I look around me and all I see are white college kids or white families. I am like ok it's pretty normal at this point considering the population of the town, and my experience in the town has been very pleasant living in the city despite that. But then the server comes to take our order and we tried asking a few questions about the menu. He blurted just order anything in a very blunt manner. We are in shock. We started discussing what's going on between us after he left and then debated maybe the server is upset about something or that maybe he is overworked, but it's too early in the morning for that. A few minutes later another sever comes and tells us that they have to move us from our table because reasons. They didn't apologize or ask. They just lifted everything off our table. They don't say why and they took us to a dark deep corner in the restaurant. Previously we had a nice window side table. At this point we really thought about just leaving. It was pretty obvious what was going on when they seated a family of 4 in our place. A white family. It's same size as our table and we were 3. Why didn't they just seat them in this table they forced us to? Non of us left a tip that day and the food was definitely overrated. It might the situation that made it taste worse than it is, but I honestly don't care. We haven't went there again. I always tell this story to anyone who mentions this restaurant to me. They are usually disgusted.

____

Maybe this is a topic for another thread (that has the potential to backfire on me horribly), but I never understood people that order something then expect to swap it out for no additional charge.

I understand some restaurants will let you do that in order to keep you happy, but you committed to a choice for a product. It's a pure loss to the restaurant that has to just throw it out after you touched it.

In this specific instance, sounds like everything else was already terrible and obviously the manager could have kept your patronage both on that day and in the future if he didn't go full HAM, but I'm always surprised when someone feels entitled to switch out their meal at full compensation if there's nothing wrong about it other than general predilection.

I get that but I've also never been to a restaurant that made an issue of it. This was a first and last.

Plasma

Banned
Went into a restaurant in an otherwise lovely central American town. It was late afternoon, totally empty, just me and my girlfriend - we had just arrived in town.

Before ordering, I went to the bathroom to take care of business. It's occupied, no stress. Hey look, the sink (outside the bathroom) is broken off the wall, and there's a bucket hanging from a spigot to wash your hands in. Gross, but whatever.

The guy in the stall is having a super loud, explosive, dripping wet shit.

... I wait.

He finishes up, comes out, looks at the bucket, walks straight past it into the kitchen where he resumes cooking.

I didn't even look in the stall. I literally went back to the table, told the gf "we're not eating here" and left.

No tip.

Maybe it's an American thing but why on earth would you leave a tip anyway if you hadn't ordered anything?

I was at an Ice Cream place and had to go to the bathroom to take a dump. When I started to wipe I must have triggered something and I crapped all over the floor and my shorts. I tried to wipe it up with my shorts but gave up and just walked out to my car in my t shirt and underwear as if nothing happened.

True story

One time my mom and I went to a Chinese restaurant on Christmas since it was only her and I and we didn't feel like cooking.

Place was near empty, but service was terrible and slow, and then my mom didn't like the food after the first bite. She waited for the server to ask to switch to something else, and dude pretty much told the manager we complained, he came out and snapped on us and told us he couldn't switch the meal. My mom said she wasn't going to pay for it, since she didn't like it and didn't eat it, and that we'd just leave. He further snapped saying we had to pay since they had to make it.

We ended up just walking out, and he berated us on our way out the door and told us we're not welcome to come back ever again.

LOL. On Christmas.

It kinda sounds like you're the ones in the wrong here. Maybe it's different in restaurants in other countries but if you made the order they've cooked the food for you and you're obligated to pay surely? I mean, its not like thay cooked it wrong. This would be like opening a drink you bought at a supermarket and asking for a different one because you didn't like the taste, but with added layer of refusing to pay and leaving the opened, now useless drink on the counter.

jacobeid

Banned
I've told the longer version of this story here before, but on vacation in Russia a drunk guy suddenly pulled me from my seat and almost started beating me up (some people were holding him back) because he assumed I was Jewish.

So yeah that happened.

Also, not that it matters really, but I'm not even Jewish.

I have similar stories, in America too.

Not that it matters, but I am Jewish :(

I was at a bar last week and someone came up to let me know that "I thought kikes weren't allowed to drink."

All I could do was ignore it because I didn't feel like going to jail that night.

Leynos

I've traveled through, amongst other countries, Mexico, Guatemala, and El Salvador. Some of the foods, and filthy conditions were appalling.

I forget which country it was, but the worst experience was a sandwich so bad that even my father, a notorious tight-wad who would eat most anything, refused to eat. I had ordered a chicken sandwich. Simple, yeah? Can't screw it up.

Oh, yes, you can. Yes, you can. I received two plain pieces of sliced whitebread with a bit of mayo, and some sort of animal matter. I took a bite, and was immediately repulsed. I opened it up, and found...skin. They had skinned a baby chick.

I near vomited right then. My unfortunate brother had a similar sandwich, and he was likewise aghast. My father, never one to throw food away, or waste money, questioned why we weren't eating, and told us to just eat the damn thing. We persisted in not eating then asked him to try it. Surprisingly, he did, and even he was put off his food.

My brother, and I still mention the chick skin sandwich to this day many years later.

Zoe

I was doing my insulin injection discreetly beneath the table when I was approached by a waiter and manager, and told to either go inject in the bathroom or leave the property altogether, as I was making other patrons uncomfortable. I argued my case, got the management teams details, told the woman who complained where to put her opinion, and walked out without paying for my meal. I'm so sorry that my life-saving injection bothers you so much. Cunts.

I'm surprised that's not a health code violation, to be honest.

norm9

Because you were a Gaijin? That sucks but I heard that too. Never happened to me though. Sucks man

Had the sane thing happen while I was in Japan a decade or so ago. Me, three white dudes, and a black dude tried going downstairs into a bar. Few people in there drinking already. Lady comes up to us and tells us to leave. We were like, alright. Found a different place down the street to give business.

Paz

LOL. On Christmas.

So she just didn't like what she ordered? Nothing wrong with it?

Sounds like the manager of this place should be the one posting about his bad customers to me.

norm9

I'm surprised that's not a health code violation, to be honest.

Yeah, sounds like the manager gave a bad explanation to me. I don't think asking someone to take their insulin shot in the bathroom is a terrible thing.

Around 3-4 years ago, I went to an Denny's for a simple menu meal... it took over an hour just to get my drink, and almost another hour to get the meal which was lukewarm by the time it got to me.

There were barely anyone eating there that afternoon, and it took that long to be served, I've never been to Denny's since then

LakeEarth

I went to a restaurant that gave unlimited salad refills, but my date got something that didn't come with it. I gave her a few crutons because she wanted something to nibble on, and the server "banned" me from getting any more salad refills. I get that there a rules, but fucking bend them a little you anal fuck! Motherfucking piece of shit.

Did I mention this was 15 years ago?

AyzOn

Neo Member
When we went to a restaurant with the family.
My parents, my two brothers with their girlfriends and me.

I have a really good relationship with my brothers and all but at that day it was kinda painful as I felt like I wasnt even part of the family, I just sat there, trying to eat starring holes in the air since everyone was busy with each other.

That was a couple years ago but since then I try to figure out who will go and if I end up being the seventh wheel again Ill just stay at home.

Alavard

Yeah, sounds like the manager gave a bad explanation to me. I don't think asking someone to take their insulin shot in the bathroom is a terrible thing.

As another type-1 diabetic, who takes insulin with every meal (and another shot before bed), I would also have a problem with being asked to go to the bathroom to take my shots. But, in my 12+ years of having the disease, it's never happened.

It's a tiny pen needle at the end of my insulin pen. It's a fresh clean needle, and a very quick injection.

I've gone to some washrooms of my own volition to take my injection, if I felt I couldn't be discreet enough at the table, and that usually just makes it harder. It's extremely hard to do in a stall, due to the lack of space, and counter-tops by the sinks are rarely better (they're often soaking wet or dirty as hell).

I do my best to do it discreetly in case there's anyone with a needle phobia that could be affected. But asking me to go away and do it in private would be a huge insult to me. It's also potentially discriminatory and a violation of certain laws/acts.

Symphonia

Banned
I am injecting myself with a needle. The needle will be exposed to all manner of germs in a public bathroom. Would you perform surgery in a bathroom? No. So why should I be forced to do injections in there? It is literally an injection I need to do to stay alive.

Years ago at those (insert town name)Ale House restaurants, a waitress spilled an entire tray of drinks on my mom and as comenpastion the manager tried to give a us one free meal and said we didn't have to pay for the drinks(really idiot?).

Needless to say we left immediately and never went back.

I was just in a really bad car accident and was talked into going to an Indian restaurant for a belly dancing show. My dominant hand was immobilized because of my injuries, so things sucked from the get-go. My order was simple, a chai tea, a basket of naan for the table, and an entree. I wait for the tea and the basket of naan, but my entree comes out with the rest of the tables. I inquire about my naan and tea, and the server says they'll be right up.

We finish the meal, no naan, and the server brings my tea with the check, charging me for two teas, the naan, and my entree. I argued with him about what was served and he eventually corrected it. I paid the bill, no tip. Mind you, the entire trip, I'm in a ton of pain, slightly delirious because of the medication I was on, and the whole place was loud because of the belly dancers. It was one of the worst evenings of my life. :(

Once as a kid my parents took me to iHop on my birthday. We sat waiting for our food for an hour, the waitress stopping by to tell us our pancakes were almost out the whole time. People had shown up, ate, and left and we never got our food.

this isn't me but it's in my top ten fav tweets of all time

Screen_Shot_2017_05_25_at_12_24_07_PM.png

I'm not going to use a public restroom - where all sorts of germs may be festering - to do an injection that I need to do to ensure I stay alive, purely because some bitch felt a bit uncomfortable. I was, in fact, doing it below table level. So she must've been really nosey to notice I was doing it. So, yeah, I feel no shame in telling her - or the staff - to go fuck themselves.

any reason you had to do it in the restaurant? like, not in the car before you came in?

Alavard

any reason you had to do it in the restaurant? like, not in the car before you came in?

Maybe because it's dangerous to take insulin more than 15 minutes before eating?

Let people manage their own diseases, please. I promise we're better at it than you are.

Last year at the beach my mom exploded on my dad for not wanting to order anything because he had a late lunch and wasn't hungry. She forced him to eat a salad and sent him home before everyone's entrees arrived. My sister, who always looks forward to going to the restaurant because they have a nice crab leg night, vomited in the bathroom out of fear/embarrassment.

Usually my dad's the one to make a scene at restaurants because of his super strict diet.

Symphonia

Banned
One, I didn't know what I was going to eat. I have to adjust my insulin dose according to what I'm eating and how much. Two, as pointed out, don't tell me how to manage a disease I've lived with for half my life.

E92 M3

Around 3-4 years ago, I went to an Denny's for a simple menu meal... it took over an hour just to get my drink, and almost another hour to get the meal which was lukewarm by the time it got to me.

There were barely anyone eating there that afternoon, and it took that long to be served, I've never been to Denny's since then

Why would you wait 2 hours in Denny's when you could have easily left after 15 minutes of not getting your drink?

Something isn't right here lmao.

Few months back I was with the wife and kids and turns out an ex who I had a very crazy drama filled relationship was out server. Awkward. Hope she didn't spit in our food. :)

Batjag

I can't stand when I go out to eat with my family and they complain about every damn thing.

My wife and I finally had to stop going out with her parents.

They can't just order something off the menu- there have to be substitutions and special exceptions to everything they order, even (or especially) if the menu says no substitutions.

Then my father-in-law pulls out the coupon (he ALWAYS has a coupon) and shows it to the waiter, who points out that it's expired. At that point, he'll call over a manager and start haggling until the poor bastard gives in and lets him have his way.

Finally, of course, the food arrives and it's not cooked to their specifications and the complaining and negotiations begin all over again.

Meanwhile, I'm just trying to give the staff the "I'm so sorry" look so they don't spit in MY food.

Top Bottom