• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother who fled UK for Syria (and IS) with five children 'wants to come home'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

I overheard that, my eyes couldn't stop rolling. I wish SmokyDave was unbanned he'd probably quip something really witty.

hohoXD123

This is hardly an ethical dilemma, those children need to be brought back, you're not going to let them die because of their mother's choice and I pity anyone who feels like that. What you want to do with the mother however is a separate issue.

funkypie

Banned
Channel 4, hardly expect an unbiased opinion from them.

I used to think they were arguably the best tv news for years. However I have slowly realised the last few years on certain issues how shit they can be.

Her kids should be brought back and kept away from this daft bint until they turn 18. They probably won't want to upset anyone due to 'sensativies' though and that won't happen.

Hisoka

It's always funny to me, reading all those comments on such a topic.

The "weareracistbutdonttrytoshowit" VS. "the(obviouslyto)goodpeople"

I hate y'all tbh. Both sides are dumb to me.

B2T: "Help the kids, don't trust the mother".
Because it's the most simple idea - naive somehow.

BUT!
If you try to help them, it's hard to get it into their heads that they won't hold grudges on the other people. So? What now?
Taking the kids back and doing nothing about the mother would be like fueling the fire. Not even for now maybe, but maybe for the future.

Who says they want to get seperated. I sure as hell wouldn't trust my country anymore if he did this to me. Welp not now maybe, but at that age.

On the other side, you're like brainwashing them already so they do like you want it. But you can't tell me you'd leave YOUR people (born and raised in britain, come on!) in a shit situation like that. Those kids are britain and are in warzone without their own decission if they wanted this.

All of them or no one. Seperating the family will be the worst idea. Show me your empathy.

You saw no solution in my comment? Damn right, i'm happy i don't have to do this. You can't make it right for anyone anymore. Happy about spreading my thoughts about it and that's it.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah I dunno, I think shes a good warning to anyone else thinking about doing this. "It sucks when you get here and your country won't let you back in after" should deter a lot of wannabes.

This is hardly an ethical dilemma, those children need to be brought back, you're not going to let them die because of their mother's choice and I pity anyone who feels like that. What you want to do with the mother however is a separate issue.

The problem with taking them from their mother is it might make them more resentful and prone to radicalism.

My opinion is not letting them back in. If it's a open door policy there is a chance for it to let the wrong people back too.

Not any real good outcomes.

The problem with taking them from their mother is it might make them more resentful and prone to radicalism.

My opinion is not letting them back in. If it's a open door policy there is a chance for it to let the wrong people back too.

For now, these (the kids) are british citizens that had no say in going to Syria. They are in real danger. So the only option is to accept them back.

Mimosa97

The kids are british citizens. It would be a real slippery slope if Britain passed laws that allowed the authorities to ban kids who are british citizen from the country. You do realize that, right ?

I personally think they should all come back together.

Don't like the idea of splitting up a family that's gone through so much.

The solution is simple. Retrieve the children and woman, and put her on trial.

Found the perfect jury:

x354-q80.jpg

Walpurgis

Banned
RIP Smokydave. He lost his damned mind.

I like to think that he's still with us in spirit
lurking.

They can be given to more competent family members. If that can't be arranged, they can be paired with a family with the same cultural/religious background.

Did she bring the 5 kids with her to Syria? Or were they born in Syria?

Anyway, I'd help her.

If she wasn't involved in any attacks and isn't raising her kids to hate everyone who isn't Muslim, I'd take them in and help them and try to un-brainwash them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom